Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-25-2017, 02:11 PM  
Veteran

Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:42 PM   #91
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Honest trailers has one of their better takes on this one.

Yeah, I've seen that before. Definitely spot on.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:02 PM   #92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Funny you should mention 2001. That's another perpetually overrated piece of crap starring groundbreaking special effects and little else. The story, as presented, was largely incomprehensible (although at least it was original), and the lead actors' performances were so wooden that their noses would have grown had they lied. And that interminable final sequence - hey, look a bunch of long helicopter shots over barren landscapes with the colors skewed - woohoo isn't this neat? I remember getting flashbacks of that while watching the equally bad first Star Trek movie.

I did enjoy the book, though. And I loved the sequel, 2010, which featured a solid, understandable plot and world class actors.
2010 was a much better movie that closed a lot of the plot holes in the first one. Lithgow was a bit over the top though. Enjoyed them giving HAL another chance and explaining why he went insane. 2001 had a very good sound track and a lot of models getting plenty of screen time. It was really hard to understand WTF was going on most of the time.

The first ST movie was such a disappointment; I remember getting tickets and being so excited and got stoned to see it and after about 20 minutes we fell asleep in the theater.

The third book wasn't very good from what I recall.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #93
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
2010 was a much better movie that closed a lot of the plot holes in the first one. Lithgow was a bit over the top though. Enjoyed them giving HAL another chance and explaining why he went insane. 2001 had a very good sound track and a lot of models getting plenty of screen time. It was really hard to understand WTF was going on most of the time.

The first ST movie was such a disappointment; I remember getting tickets and being so excited and got stoned to see it and after about 20 minutes we fell asleep in the theater.

The third book wasn't very good from what I recall.
There was a fourth book as well, set 1,000 years in the future. I read both of them decades ago, but frankly don't remember all that much about them, except that Frank Poole was the main character in the last one (his body was found floating in space and revived).
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:06 PM   #94
Stay positive, don't give up

Definitely will see it for the theatrical experience. That was pretty cool for the first one.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:15 PM   #95
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
There was a fourth book as well, set 1,000 years in the future. I read both of them decades ago, but frankly don't remember all that much about them, except that Frank Poole was the main character in the last one (his body was found floating in space and revived).
I had forgotten all about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3001:_The_Final_Odyssey
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:34 PM   #96
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
It's funny, one of the very few things I remember about that book was the first time Poole was with a woman, she freaked out because he was circumcised and wouldn't **** him.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:50 PM   #97

@officialavatar: “Wherever we go, this family is our fortress.”

Watch the brand-new teaser trailer for #Avatar: The Way of Water. Experience it only in theaters December 16, 2022. https://twitter.com/officialavatar/s...043649/video/1

I'll go see this in theaters in 3D.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:18 PM   #98
All about that Paper Boi

Excellent music.

I don't give a shit what anyone says about this franchise, I love it. And James Cameron is a wizard with sequels so I'll be there opening weekend.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:29 AM   #99
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
@officialavatar: “Wherever we go, this family is our fortress.”

Watch the brand-new teaser trailer for #Avatar: The Way of Water. Experience it only in theaters December 16, 2022. https://twitter.com/officialavatar/s...043649/video/1

I'll go see this in theaters in 3D.
Don't know about 3D. Always seems dare to me.

That trailer shows a major leap forward in CGI. Amazing details in motion. I'll want to see this on the big screen.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

That trailer shows a major leap forward in CGI. Amazing details in motion. I'll want to see this on the big screen.
^^^
You'll definitely want to see Avatar 2 in IMAX 3D (to get the proper cinematic experience that its intended for. I assure you the 3D is going to be jaw dropping. It was in the 1st one . I'm sure it'll be even more incredible in 2022)

The short teaser definitely got me hyped and I really liked the under water shots. I do wish James Cameron would have just called it Avatar 2 instead of Avatar The Way of Water which sounds so cringe worthy lol.

Also FTR, I can completely understand how some folks wouldn't be into Avatar. Without getting political, James Cameron does hit the audience over the head with some really heavy handed save the environmental messages which I'm sure annoyed quite a few people which is perfectly understandable.

For me though, I just view Avatar as a highly stylized sci fi action/adventure epic and I think the sequel is going to be a blast to see in IMAX 3D.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #101
Veteran

I still wish Chris Pine got the role as the lead in Avatar.

For those that don't know, Pine apparently bombed his audition for Avatar and he joked about it an interview years ago.

Quote:
“I have a feeling that story will haunt me for the rest of my life,” the actor told Red Eye Chicago of his Avatar audition. “It’s one of those things – sometimes you can leave your car in Burbank, Los Angeles and walk into a conference room and your back is sweating and you’re thinking about the laundry that you have to do and somehow seamlessly you can then pretend to be a man in a loincloth standing in front of blue people saying lines like, ‘Come follow me! I’ll save you!’ And sometimes you just can’t buy it. I walked into that room absolutely not believing myself. How dare I put that poor casting director through the experience of watching me? Halfway through, I just stopped; she was maybe smiling or laughing at me. I didn’t take offence to it because I was pretty bad. I shook hands with her, and out I walked.”

And despite the fact that he still believes that his next audition was just as bad (“It was all this jargon talk of torpedoes and photons”), Chris Pine actually walked right into the other big sci-fi flick of 2009: J.J Abrams’ Star Trek.
https://www.filmink.com.au/close-cas...ine-in-avatar/

Pine is one of my favorite young actors so I would have loved having him in the lead role (way more charismatic , likable and great comedic timing)
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:52 PM   #102
MVP

Great. Ferngully 3.0 in space.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #103
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
I still wish Chris Pine got the role as the lead in Avatar.

For those that don't know, Pine apparently bombed his audition for Avatar and he joked about it an interview years ago.

https://www.filmink.com.au/close-cas...ine-in-avatar/

Pine is one of my favorite young actors so I would have loved having him in the lead role (way more charismatic , likable and great comedic timing)
Jar Jar Abram's Star Trek movies were basically crap, but they were all better than Avatar. Pine is an excellent Kirk.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:34 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

Did you see the first one in theaters in imax 3d? It was pretty incredible and I'm not a big 3d guy. It was designed for 3d.
The cgi definitely looks great...but they'll need this to blow it out of the water with most movies now are up to speed on effects when they weren't in 2009.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:26 PM   #105
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Did you see the first one in theaters in imax 3d? It was pretty incredible and I'm not a big 3d guy. It was designed for 3d.
The cgi definitely looks great...but they'll need this to blow it out of the water with most movies now are up to speed on effects when they weren't in 2009.
I've been out of the game too long. How do you find a good shroom dealer these days?...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.