Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-25-2017, 02:11 PM  
Veteran

Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #46
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Is his $300M ad budget statement close to accurate?
I think that’s probably a massive overstatement. Plus, since they’re filming four new sequels, the budget will likely decrease with each as people will be anticipating the next film.

Also, there will be different environments explored, not “space”. One of the environments will be an ocean and James Cameron is a master.

Look no further than The Abyss.

Plus, he continues to add talent, as Kate Winslett was announced in the past 24 hours.

I’m stoked.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #47
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think that’s probably a massive overstatement. Plus, since they’re filming four new sequels, the budget will likely decrease with each as people will be anticipating the next film.

Also, there will be different environments explored, not “space”. One of the environments will be an ocean and James Cameron is a master.

Plus, he continues to add talent, as Kate Winslett was announced in the past 24 hours.

I’m stoked.
Thanks, just curious how large the ad budgets are for the majors.
FWIW I'm far from a film buff but i very much enjoyed Avatar, watched it twice with my son.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #48
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

I’m stoked.
I'm betting he won't be adding Ed Harris to the ocean sequel.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #49
Future NBA Finals MVP

Looks like this thing is finally going to come out Dec 2020. First one was such a beautiful film
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM   #50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Looks like this thing is finally going to come out Dec 2020. First one was such a beautiful film
Hell yeah . Forgot I made this thread lol.

Between Avatar 2 & Dune , I think 2020 is gonna be one hell of a year for sci fi.

I'm esp stoked what James Cameron has up his sleeves for the sequel. He's hinted at some jaw dropping underwater sequences . He even threw out a backhanded comment on the underwater scenes in Aquaman recently

Cameron is a record-setting underwater diver himself and knows a thing or two about filming beneath the sea with The Abyss, his various documentaries, and the upcoming Avatar sequels, and this is one reason why Aquaman wouldn’t have been a film he would make:

“I’ve spent thousands of hours underwater and I’m very literal about my underwater. It needs to look like it’s real and while I can enjoy that film [Aquaman], I don’t resonate with it because it doesn’t look real. By the way, it doesn’t actually help us with our issues of actually understanding the ocean and exploring the ocean and preserving the ocean. Although they did throw in a couple of things with whales and things like that to remind us that we are kind of using the ocean as a toilet and as a garbage dump, so I applaud the film for that.

“Yeah, I couldn’t have made that movie.”

We will get to see Cameron’s next take on an underwater blockbuster spectacle when his Avatar sequels release starting in December 2020.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/...rwater-scenes/
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #51
Settle this once and forever

Avatar underwater? Why underwater?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:33 PM   #52
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Well, they like ripping off old Kevin Kostner movies.

Perhaps the next one will rip off Waterworld.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #53
Fight, build, win!

I hated Avatar and is 3rd time the charm on Dune. Dune was a great series of books that just doesnt translate to film well it seems.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:03 AM   #54
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I hated Avatar and is 3rd time the charm on Dune. Dune was a great series of books that just doesnt translate to film well it seems.
Could give a **** about Avatar, but as for Dune, I'm very cautiously optimistic. It's the same director that did the new Blade Runner movie, which I loved.

Maybe he'll get it right. Maybe he has enough respect/reverence for the source material not to **** it up. Maybe there won't be stupid shit like weirding modules and heart plugs. Maybe the Baron will actually be sinister instead of ridiculous. And maybe the desert scenes won't look like they were filmed in an abandoned warehouse with a couple of dump truck loads of sand like the Sci-Fi series.

Maybe.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:22 AM   #55
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Climate change, bro. That's how serious....
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:55 AM   #56
MVP

Avatar was cliched junk. The typical mighty whitey is a bad guy story and the natives are the good guys.

Atlantis the Lost Empire did the same storyline but way better and way more entertaining.

Last edited by MarkDavis'Haircut; 01-14-2022 at 08:43 AM..
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #57
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

I'm down lol I always liked Waterworld
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:17 AM   #58
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

ha I didn't even think of that.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #59
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
I'm down lol I always liked Waterworld
I did too. Thought the idea was really cool. It was a little clunky, and took lots of criticism for the price tag. But a lot of that was due to hurricanes destroying the sets.

Ever heard of the Ulysses cut?

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...cially.777996/
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #60
oxymoron

Hard to believe it's already been a decade since the first one.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.