Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2019, 12:22 AM  
Banned

Jack Reacher

I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:59 AM   #61
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

No Tom Cruise. No 5'7'' man. May watch.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #62
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Same for me, I think I only read maybe three of them. Still, I'll be grateful for a couple three more seasons from Amazon like the first one.
I think I read 4, but the 4th was mostly a grudge match between me and the book.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:27 PM   #63
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Wife and I watched it Sunday. It was fun. Not particularly deep, though the plot got a bit confusing with all the running around that went on, NY, Atlanta...**** I dunno, all over the place...ya gotta be willing to turn your brain off and just enjoy the ride. It's a good time. It's no Jack Ryan that's for sure, but it's really not supposed to be.

Although I have to laugh, guys are always willing to challenge that dude to a fight...in reality, I think paid or not these dudes would be like...ah...no...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:38 AM   #64
Stay positive, don't give up

Fun show that I'll keep watching. I liked Alan Ritchson in Titans too.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:44 AM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Although I have to laugh, guys are always willing to challenge that dude to a fight...in reality, I think paid or not these dudes would be like...ah...no...
Right? I thought the same thing. Maybe when Tom Cruise played the character in the movies, it was somewhat believable. This guy, though, is a huge man. Nobody is going to be willing to do that with him.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:10 PM   #66
Supporter

Next season will adapt

Spoiler!
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM   #67
Supporter

Directly into my veins, please.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 10:41 AM   #68
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

This looks fantastic. I absolutely loved the Jack Reacher books. I did like the Tom Cruise movies but they were not Jack Reacher movies. This is a Jack Reacher show.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:49 AM   #69
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Is that Alan Tudyk or just someone that looks a lot like him? Don't see him listed in the cast.

In either event, I like the twist. Like I said, my complaint with the novels was how repetitive they got and frankly there just wasn't any character development. They're empty calories.

But this is an interesting plot development; always like a 'getting the band back together' bit...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:57 PM   #70
Veteran

Reacher doesn’t need character development.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 01:14 PM   #71
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Next season will adapt

Spoiler!
That's cool. I only read the first 3 or so of the books, so will be new territory for me. Enjoyed watching scenes in the first season and recognizing them from the books, but will be good to get fresh material.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:17 PM   #72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
That's cool. I only read the first 3 or so of the books, so will be new territory for me. Enjoyed watching scenes in the first season and recognizing them from the books, but will be good to get fresh material.
I feel like the books have fallen off since Andrew Child has taken the mantle. He’s changed Reacher a bit.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old 11-07-2023, 02:57 PM   #73
Stay positive, don't give up

Can't wait. Really enjoyed season 1
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:54 PM   #74
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:58 PM   #75
YOU take YOUR seat

loved the 1st season, even watched it twice. Thad Castle is the best Reacher no doubt

also my favorite scene of season 1, love when the legs come down like you know what's about to happen

Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.