Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-30-2022, 10:47 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Most surprising thing about our draft

Only one SEC player. One. And not until the 5th rd! And with 10 picks!

That just blows my mind. Never thought that would have happened especially with so many picks. We almost always take SEC players.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2022, 11:24 PM   #2
MVP

A bit surprising. 6 of 10 from Power 5 conferences with only 3 before round 5, 3 from Mid majors and all 3 in the top 135, 1 from DII.

It'll be interesting to see how this class turns out. I love it but you do have some worries with a few guys and that talent transferring over.

Karlaftis, Chenal, McDuffie, Kinnard, Cook, and Moore all feel like home runs though. I legit think Johnson is the major sleeper in the bunch. He was so, so good at Marshall.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
Veteran

I thought that it was not one "WTF" pick to be found. Some may have wanted different players but not a single "where the hell did that come from?" pick. There's usually at least one, esp. with 10 picks.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:18 PM   #4

This draft was off the charts...
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:20 PM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Most surprising thing for me was only 1 DL and 1 WR.

I expected at least 3 and more likely 4 out of those two groups. WR isn’t that shocking in hindsight since we had 3 clear probable starters going into the draft, bit 5 and 6 on the depth chart looks so bad.

But I still can’t wrap my head around adding a single lineman to this roster when I think you could’ve realistically justified 3. I guess they think more highly of Stallworth than I realized and/or haven’t given up on Saunders yet. Is Malik Herring actually a thing? I mean he almost has to be.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:40 PM   #6
MVP

I think, yes, they think more highly of Stallworth than we do. I guess he'll be a nice rotational DT on passing downs. He did step up a bit last year with 12 QB hits and 3 sacks. That's a good number of hits on the QB for a rotational player.

At this point at least, you're banking on Saunders to play a decent number of snaps as the rotational NT though and I'm not sure about that. I gotta figure they'll talk to a guy like Brandon Williams or Akiem Hicks or similar?

Then I wonder about Tershawn Wharton with Stallworth in camp. Will they try him some at end? The almost still need to add another guy even if they're bringing Ingram back.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:24 AM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I expected at least 3 and more likely 4 out of those two groups. WR isn’t that shocking in hindsight since we had 3 clear probable starters going into the draft, bit 5 and 6 on the depth chart looks so bad.

But I still can’t wrap my head around adding a single lineman to this roster when I think you could’ve realistically justified 3. I guess they think more highly of Stallworth than I realized and/or haven’t given up on Saunders yet. Is Malik Herring actually a thing? I mean he almost has to be.
Right beside you, bud.

I get the starters at WR but MVS is the only one that’s going to be here for 2 years. I thought they needed another guy. Maybe they think Powell can fill a role but at this point I don’t see any evidence for that.

I do understand the DB push. 1. That’s where the value was, and 2. Veach saw the bills game when Baker and Hughes had to pull real snaps. Hoo Boy.

But yeah, I have to think they need to find some longer term answers at both spots.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:56 AM   #8
Veteran

I'm definitely a bit baffled by the lack of investment at DL too. I mean, I love the depth now at CB, but we're wafer thin on the DL. I'd be amazed if they rate Stallworth that highly, or if they think "we need more Wharton" - he needs less snaps and to focus on being a situational pass rusher. If they're confident in Saunders I'd be surprised given his injury record and it's not like he's shown a great deal when healthy.

I'm like kccrow, gotta think someone like Hicks is being looked at. I'd hope so, he'd be a good addition and definitely an upgrade.

As for DE I think they must rate Danna as a decent rotational guy and maybe they're hopeful Kaindoh becomes something. But again, bit of a gamble. There's not a huge amount out there now that specifically improves the pass rush. A couple decent against the run but I'm not sure that's what we need. It's a bit of a head scratcher.

On WRs I also thought and hoped they'd double dip, but I guess like others say there's a lot in that room now. A decent few have pedigree even if they've not shown much in awhile. I'd have liked a trade or another drafted but it looks like they're just going to go with numbers and the "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" approach.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #9
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

You know what’s interesting? On the Times Ours pod Nate Taylor sometimes throws clues out there bc he can’t say things until after the fact. Well there was a reason he liked WR so much.

He mentioned the Chiefs were a lot higher on the DB’s in this class than they were the DL. I think that was proven once they took Bryan Cook over Travis Jones and passed on Perrion Winfrey multiple times.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.