Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2021, 12:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

Who are the national media types that ARE solid?

With so much angst about what the national media thought coming into yesterday's game, it got me wondering about which talking heads ARE worth the time. And I'm not talking about people who are generally Chiefs "fans" at some level like Pete Schrager (or obviously Nick Wright) so much as guys who are actually pretty objective and bring something to the conversation.

I see Chris Simms thrown out a lot, and I've enjoyed what I've watched of him. Rich Eisen seems solid. Who else?
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:16 PM   #61
In my youth i pray to keep

Shannon Sharpe is solid to very solid and I want to kill myself for saying that.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #62
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Chris Simms is the most knowledgeable.
Dan Orlovsky is Chris Simms Light.
Rich Eisen is just a cool guy.
THIS!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #63
MVP

I know ESPN mostly sucks but I like Orlovsky and Clark there. I like SVP's postgame interviews which Clark is usually on.. I also enjoy Wilbon and Kornheiser when they do the happy trails segment for the nostalgia. Simms is awesome.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #64
Special Teams ACE!!!

The PTI guys are pretty damn good
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:47 PM   #65
Mahomes Fanboi

Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #66
Veteran

Simms, Riddick, Clark and Sharpe all good.

Bayless, Cowherd and Steven A = pure garbage. The fact that Bayless has a job is a disgrace to any journalist.
hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.hawkchief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #67
Mahomes Fanboi

I wouldn't say Cowherd is in the same garbage heap that Bayless and Steven A are in.

Steven A wants to give all credit to Kelce and Hill. (Does he remember when Alex Smith was playing with those 2?)
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:45 PM   #68
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayFrogs View Post
I agree except for when aaron rodgers comes on
I used to dislike Rodgers but he's become somewhat likeable to me the past couple of years. Some of that may be his attitude change but mostly I think it's that it's the fact that Patrick is our QB: it kind of instills the abundance mindset, where nothing NFL-QB related really can ruffle my feathers too much, because we've got The King. No room or need for jealousy or bitterness when we're blessed with PM15: our cup of awesome overfloweth.

As many here have said: amazing time to be a Chiefs fan.
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #69
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I wouldn't say Cowherd is in the same garbage heap that Bayless and Steven A are in.

Steven A wants to give all credit to Kelce and Hill. (Does he remember when Alex Smith was playing with those 2?)
Yeah, no kidding. How many times were receivers wide open and frantically waiving their arms 30 yards down the field while Alex dumped the ball off to the HB for a six yard gain on 3rd and 7?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:13 PM   #70
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Shannon Sharpe is solid to very solid and I want to kill myself for saying that.
Yeah but thkip shits it all up.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #71
Rookie

Probably Shannon Sharpe.
blueprint_one is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:36 PM   #72
Supporter

The guys I listen to are Ryen Russillo podcast. Since forever he hasn’t been interested in delivering hot takes. He does a lot of NBA stuff but his football pods are usually good.

Bill Simmons Sunday night pod is a good one typically. There is a lot of gambling stuff which typically they get their ass beat on and I laugh at. But it’s one of the better breakdowns out there despite him being a pats fan. Which he isn’t much of a pretentious douche about it so I like it.

And Simms. But if Florio is on I don’t listen. **** that guy.

Literally the only show I can manage on TV Is SVP. And typically it’s only for bad beats (not sure why gambling fails make me laugh so much) or he has an interview with one of my guys. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
It's really remarkable considering who his dad is.
Phil isn’t bad on Chris’ podcast. He makes me laugh. And Phil was on Russillos podcast and was pretty engaging. Just shut the TV off. All TV sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkchief View Post
Simms, Riddick, Clark and Sharpe all good.

Bayless, Cowherd and Steven A = pure garbage. The fact that Bayless has a job is a disgrace to any journalist.
The problem is the garbage crew are the best earners in the industry. Consumers are the problem. They’re just clowns up there getting paid.

Quote:

Yeah he is. He’s on wax saying he isn’t really interested in being right. He’s an entertainer.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:38 PM   #73
Supporter

I posted this in a different thread. Once it clicked that these guys were getting paid by me being disgusted by them it was easy to change the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Y'all need to turn off sports media. I have like 3 podcasts I listen to, and optimally I turn on the game right at kickoff and do something during halftime so I don't have to see the national ****leheads, and that's it. IT. I passively listened to some shit pre-Mahomes, but it didn't really matter because they never talked Chiefs. Then Mahomes rapes faces and they're talking about the Chiefs. It was then I realized precisely how full of shit most of them are.

I'd venture a guess that most of the "personalities" watch very very little football. They just sit up there and puke out cliche's aimed at the lowest common denominator and base their opinion on what will get clicks or views, or in some cases, just to have a different talking point than the mother****er in the other chair. It's just a giant ass waste of time.

And it hammered the point home that, especially jackass shows like First Take or whatever the God **** Bayless is on these days, douchebags like Colin Cowherd say shit like, "I'm more interested in being entertaining than I am being right," that every time I click a video or tune into a program, they get ratings, ratings get them paid. So every time I waste time listening to and get pissed off by these ****leheads, I'm getting them money.

Then I felt really dirty and tuned them all out. In fact, I'll go out of my way not to consume them.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:43 PM   #74
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The problem is the garbage crew are the best earners in the industry. Consumers are the problem. They’re just clowns up there getting paid.
QFT
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:39 AM   #75
[b]Supporter[/b]

I'll be bummed when Louis Riddick gets into a front office because I like his takes, especially ones like this:

#Chiefs secondary one of the best press secondaries in the #NFL. Nice combo of youth and vet experience. Tyrann smarts and leadership, Thornhill looks 100% again, and L’Jarius Sneed is going to be a star - he has shut-down corner potential.
— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) January 25, 2021
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli