Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 01-24-2021, 11:12 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

Ten Things About The AFC Championship: KC 38 - BUF 24

Ten Things About Tonight’s AFC Championship Game: KC 38 - Buffalo 24

10. My mom passed in May 2018. She was gone right before Mahomes started his three straight AFC Championship game run. She used to tell me my worst personal trait was that I stubbornly held grudges. Then I would joke that I’d never forgive her for telling me that. I do hold sports grudges basically forever. Today was karmic payback for 1993. 27 years ago the Chiefs were one game away from the Super Bowl, after a 23 year wait. Of course, the Bills were at the tail end of their AFC dynasty. King Carl sent out a nasty letter to season ticket holders a couple days before the game. The letter basically said “Don’t bug us for Super Bowl tickets, because you ain’t gonna get em. Don’t call. Don’t write. Shut up. Your choice to be a fan.” Then Joe Montana got thrown on his head; Marty benched Derrick Thomas and the Chiefs limped home with their tail between their legs, losing 30-13. Then the Super Bowl drought lasted another 27 years beyond that, until Andy and Patrick broke through last year. My best buddy Gary went to that game in Buffalo and had to endure all the Buffalo fans, and shitty Buffalo Weather, and the humiliation. 27 years later that game has been AVENGED and we let those chicken wing grubbing, Genesee chugging Bills Mafia snow pigs suffer like we suffered. The best thing is, after blowing a nine point lead and getting beat by two TDs, they had to GET ON A PLANE AND FLY BACK TO BUFFALO IN JANUARY! BWAHAHAHA. Revenge is mine. Oh yes, sweet revenge is mine. By the way, BILLS stands for “Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.”

9. This whole season has been so weird. I wasn’t too worried about losing to anybody in the AFC, and only got nervous when Pat got knocked woozy last week against the Browns. I knew Mahomes would clear concussion protocol starting around Wednesday for two reasons: One, the dude isn’t a giant pussy (I’m looking at YOU Sammy Watkins) and second, you know the NFL wanted him playing in this game for the ratings. I just thought Patrick would be Patrick and if he could stand up and throw the football, we’d be fine. He didn’t disappoint. It’s finally sunk in that we have “the guy” now. It’s taken a couple years to get used to it, but we have one of the few “guys” who can make all the difference. He’s our Five Head. He’s our Favre. He’s our Tommy Boy. He’s one of “those guys” who can carry a team and simply will them to win. And getting three AFC Championship games in a row at Arrowhead is a monumental feat. Historic and awesome.

8. I think Josh Allen is pretty good, but he’s not “the guy” yet. He took four sacks, a couple of them were monster sacks. He threw a couple picks and seems easy to rattle with blitzes. He ran for 88 of Buffalo’s 114 rushing yards. When the Bills were up 9-0, I wasn’t too worried. We’ve had worse first quarters. We gifted them their first TD…then they blew the extra point. KC took the lead at the nine minute mark in the 2nd quarter and never trailed after that. And when the Bills kept settling for field goals, I knew it was over for them. Three’s don’t beat seven’s vs. Mahomes, and coaches never seem to learn that.

7. Hardman made a gigantic bonehead play, muffing a punt inside the ten yard line which gave the Bills their first TD immediately after. At least he did atone with a catch-up TD in the second quarter, and broke a 50 yard run which was good for almost half of the teams total rushing yards on that one play. I’d feel better with Pringle fielding punts. Don’t want to use Tyreek Hill because he’s too valuable as a wide out.

6. Tyreek has a game that will help him make it to Canton. He set the all time KC single playoff game record with 177 yards. 71 of that was on a simple slant play that he broken field ran almost for a TD. If he could have gotten one more downfield block he would have made it. His speed is just crazy. Romo said on the 71 yarder he got up to around 21 mph. Wow.

5. Kelce shredded the Buffalo secondary with 13 catches, 118 yards and 2 TDs. I believe he broke Gronk’s single season/post season record. Buffalo was worst against the tight end this season and it showed. Mitch said the Sausage tied Dustin Colquitt for playing in his 12th Chiefs playoff game. That’s pretty awesome for Sherman.

4. Spags defense did a great job. The last seven points for the Bills was garbage time. The two TDs the defense gave up were after the muffed punt and after the onside kick recovery. In all the other Buffalo scoring drives, they gave up field goals only. Two of them were from 50 yards. The first Bills game in Buffalo was chippy. This one was too. The defense seemed to come out with a real bad attitude and slapped the Bills around a lot. They laid some lumber, and made Allen run for his life on several occasions. Sneed played great, so did Fenton. Jones was a force inside, but not much again from Frank Clark. Kudos to Breeland for holding Diggs to six catches, 77 yards and zero TDs. They knocked the crap out of Mrs Beasley and put him out of the game. Dirty Dan did a decent job on Knox the tight end, and only missed one tackle that I can remember.

3. Buttkicker was perfect on all kicks, and the Chiefs only had to punt one time. So the Bills special teams were limited. The two bad special plays were muffing the punt, and giving up an onside kick. That kick was well executed, but Watts should have come down with the ball. It just ended up giving Buffalo a garbage time TD, making the winning margin 14 instead of 21.

2. The guys who got concussions should be OK by the Super Bowl. Fisher is most likely done for the year if he has a torn achilles. This means from last years Super Bowl line, we’ll be missing both tackles (Fisher and Schwartz) and one guard (LDT). So after seeing Tampa’s pass rush, this will be concerning. One difference is Patrick is more mobile than Rodgers, so he may be able to run away from trouble easier. And his foot should be much better in two weeks. Tampa’s two starting safeties are hurt, and I don’t know if they’ll be back or not. Both teams have guys wounded. We’ll have to watch the injury reports as they develop.

1. We’re headed back to our fourth Super Bowl. So far we’re 2-1. This is the first time one of the participants gets to play in their home stadium, but with the Covid thing, it will still be a sterile, basically neutral site. I don’t know what the price on Super Bowl tickets will be, but it’ll probably be crazy stupid. Scalper tickets downstairs for today’s game were $1700 each. It was great to see another Lamar Hunt trophy find a home in Arrowhead. It took so long to get one, and now that trophy has a twin brother! Very happy for Clark Hunt, and proud of the job the organization did to keep Covid from screwing things up this season. So we’ll see you all again on February 7th, and see if we can get revenge for the 2018 AFC Championship game. Know what would be great? If the game goes into OT, Chiefs win the toss, Patrick marches the team down and scores a TD, and all Tommy Boy can do is stand and watch. That would be karmic payback, and would be the sweetest revenge of all. It's going to be hard to listen to all the Brady Fellatio by the National Press the next two weeks, but it is what it is. Congratulations to all the Chiefs Kingdom and our family here on the Chiefs Planet. Let’s celebrate for a day, then start watching Bucs film.

Last edited by gblowfish; 01-26-2021 at 04:19 PM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:10 AM   #76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, I thought he was impressive in the first half on several of his throws, even if the Packers weren't providing a ton of resistance.... and then kind of fell apart in the 2nd once there was some pressure applied.

The 'different story' is more about Brady getting the ball out quickly and being far better at improvising, even though he's not going to nearly as slippery in the pocket. Allen was hard to get down, but he seemed panicked most of the night and was terrible at improvising a Plan B whenever the receiver he was staring daggers into wasn't open (at one point it was like a coach told him not to forget about his outlets, so that's all he started to do... after all the hype, it was mind boggling to watch).

Loved the defensive effort last night, making the kid who's "now on Mahomes' level" look so lost out there.
I don’t know if this is just a British phase but Allen looked like a rabbit in the headlights out there.

Last edited by UK_Chief; 01-25-2021 at 12:00 PM..
UK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-25-2021, 12:00 PM   #77
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Another great writeup George. Once Buffalo started settling for FGs, and after a few scotches, I began yelling out, " Threes don't beat sevens!", to the utter bewilderment of my family.

For this game I didn't even have to bust out my lucky Jerry shirt it was never close.

Last edited by L.A. Chieffan; 01-25-2021 at 12:21 PM..
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:14 PM   #78
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Chief View Post
I don’t know if this is just a British phase but Allen looked like a rabbit in the headlights out there.
Around here, we call that deer in the headlights.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #79
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Around here, we call that deer in the headlights.
And now we have the regional/country neutral "Allen in the headlights".
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:22 PM   #80
Be Kind To Your Pets

Buffalo fish wrap post game. They seem pretty positive about the progress they made this year. They could win the AFC East for the next couple years, although Miami and New England will probably rebound and make it tougher next season. https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #81
Dazed and Confused

Great AGCCG write up GB! Hmmm didn't know that about King Carl.. lmao, just another thing to add to his douchebaggery list. How about that DEFENSE!!!! And our stars are not outshone by anyone, let alone some johnnycomelatelies from Buffalo. RUN IT BACK!!!
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #82
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Buffalo fish wrap post game. They seem pretty positive about the progress they made this year. They could win the AFC East for the next couple years, although Miami and New England will probably rebound and make it tougher next season. https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/
It all depends on the QB situation.

Buffalo seems set for now. Not convinced Tua is all that great and the situation in NE is a dumpster fire.

Buffalo fans should feel good about the division, at least for next year.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:28 PM   #83
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It all depends on the QB situation.

Buffalo seems set for now. Not convinced Tua is all that great and the situation in NE is a dumpster fire.

Buffalo fans should feel good about the division, at least for next year.
If the Jets make a play for Watson it won’t be so rosy.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #84
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Ten Things About Tonight’s AFC Championship Game: KC 38 - Buffalo 24

I just thought Patrick would be Patrick and if he could stand up and throw the football, we’d be fine. He didn’t disappoint. It’s finally sunk in that we have “the guy” now. It’s taken a couple years to get used to it, but we have one of the few “guys” who can make all the difference. He’s our Five Head. He’s our Favre. He’s our Tommy Boy. He’s one of “those guys” who can carry a team and simply will them to win. And getting three AFC Championship games in a row at Arrowhead is a monumental feat. Historic and awesome.
Great read George, but man you are hardheaded if it took you this long to start thinking that!
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #85
Be Kind To Your Pets

Saw this from somebody's FB page. Yes, even 38 years ago our Cheerleaders were a mixed bag of nuts. Pretty sure there's a couple dudes in that bunch...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	83cheerleaders2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	121946  
Old 01-25-2021, 07:03 PM   #86
Be Kind To Your Pets

To my point about Sammy Watkins being a puss, Mrs. Beasley played the whole playoff stretch for Buffalo with a broken leg!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...fs/ar-BB1d5e8p
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #87
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Most excellent and well done again!
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:35 PM   #88
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Thanks George...

And don't care if Q..

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:51 PM   #89
In Search of a Life

This was the greatest Chiefs game I have ever attended. This masterpiece has replaced decades of leaving Arrowhead after a heartbreaking loss.

Tailgating was a blast. I made my famous Diablo Creo soup and we sat up a tv to watch the Packers piss away another pleasant season. Watching the Bills fans-was like seeing Us in the 90s. They had their faded Zoobas on, mullets, walked around carrying 12-packs of Natty Light, were brash, confident, and loud going into the stadium.

"Let's go Buffalo!!" blah blah blah.

Chief's fans just watched them and let them have their moment, knowing their dream would end soon- and it did.

The pussy Bills decided to disrespect the National Anthem and stay in the locker room. They were not missed. A kid did an awesome rendition of the anthem on guitar. Amazing- so talented.

The Bills used up their Bingo card of Luck in the first half.

Reek drops a catch that might have been a TD- Check
A muffed punt by Hardman for easy score- Check
Bad PI call against by the refs- Check
Dropped Josh Allen INT's- Check

Then we bitch-slapped them worse than the first game. Bills fans were dancing and being mouthy by us. When Kelce scored his first TD- I hollered, "How did you like that play?" (Since they were booing Kelce during the pregame intro). A scrawny little mullet dude in stripped Bill's pants flipped me off-LOL That was the moment he knew they were going to lose. The pain was real. They looked at their phones most of the third quarter then left early 4th.

We always had the teams that lost to a future HOF QB- now they do--twice this year.

The post-game ceremony was incredible. I caught a piece of confetti and put it in my wallet for luck. It was such an amazing week, and this game topped it off.

1 more terrible memory to erase when we beat Brady. This is the best team I have ever seen and I think we will Run It Back!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:53 PM   #90
MVP

remember these

Quote:
Saw this from somebody's FB page. Yes, even 38 years ago our Cheerleaders were a mixed bag of nuts. Pretty sure there's a couple dudes in that bunch...
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.