Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-15-2021, 10:07 AM  
__

Request for kccrow: EDGE breakdown

Hey kccrow,

This is just a public request for you to give us a breakdown of the draft prospects at the one position this team is essentially bereft at in 2021: defensive end.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:11 PM   #2
MVP

Give it a week or two and I'll put something together. It would be nice to have finalization on declared underclassmen before putting all efforts in. I'd say there are a few others that should chip in here with opinions.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:35 PM   #3
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Give it a week or two and I'll put something together. It would be nice to have finalization on declared underclassmen before putting all efforts in. I'd say there are a few others that should chip in here with opinions.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:28 PM   #4
MVP

Figured this would be a good thread to stick this in. I want to hear everyone's opinions regarding Ronnie Perkins.

On tape, the kid is a 1st round caliber player IMO. There's that suspension though. Is he available at 64? I'm thinking more than a passing chance he is.

So, aside from that, he's not the longest guy but he's explosive and he lives in the backfield. Thoughts?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:05 PM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

Was there an article at one point that talks about the size of DE that Spags goes for?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Was there an article at one point that talks about the size of DE that Spags goes for?
Affirmative, Arrowhead Pride’s AP Lab ran an analysis and found that almost every Spags DE was a certain size, arm length, and measurables.

Then we went out and drafted Mike Danna, who was none of those things.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:36 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Affirmative, Arrowhead Pride’s AP Lab ran an analysis and found that almost every Spags DE was a certain size, arm length, and measurables.

Then we went out and drafted Mike Danna, who was none of those things.
Neither was the Clark acquisition IIRC. It was something like they were all 6'5" 265 with 34 inch arms and blah blah. I vaguely remember it.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #8
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Figured this would be a good thread to stick this in. I want to hear everyone's opinions regarding Ronnie Perkins.

On tape, the kid is a 1st round caliber player IMO. There's that suspension though. Is he available at 64? I'm thinking more than a passing chance he is.

So, aside from that, he's not the longest guy but he's explosive and he lives in the backfield. Thoughts?
Perkins is the right kind of swing for KC, IMO.

You've got a guy who has first-round talent who is sliding because of a fairly minor discipline issue. I see a lot to like... he's got heavy hands, he is effective run vs. pass, and he has good initial get-off.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #9
MVP

I kind of like what I've seen of Rashad Weaver 2nd rounder more than likely.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:37 AM   #10
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Just coming back to this... I ran a mark with the idea of targeting Perkins in round 2.

Here's what I came up with (PFN - was able to trade down 2x and stockpile picks).

I wouldn't complain about this:

44. (trade down from 32 to 39 and then down to 44)- Ronnie Perkins, DE, Oklahoma
64. Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
73. (acquired in trade from 32 to 39): Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (future X starter, probably sits behind Pringle or DeMarkus Robinson in Year 1)
95. Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame. This just became a BPA spot. Tremble is a good blocker who should be a sizable upgrade at TE2 and has the athleticism to be a weapon down the seam in 2 TE sets.
109 (trade from 39 to 44): Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri (still see him as a great option to take on the Sorenson role. He's also versatile enough to drop deep, giving them flexibility alongside Mathieu and Thornhill).
131. Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State. Again a BPA thing. Gives them some insurance if Damien Williams doesn't come back.
163. Robert Hainsey, OT* (OG), Notre Dame. Played RT in college but is a RG in the pros. Probably needs time to develop, but we know how Reid loves to convert college T to Gs...
225. Tederrel Slaton, DT, Florida. He's a monster of a man, could give them the ability to back up Nnadi cheaply.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #11
Most Valuable Villain

I’d be a fan of grabbing Daelin Hayes in the later rounds if he’s there. Maybe around 4th or 5th.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:15 AM   #12
'Tis my eye!

You know what I like about Tremble as a TE?

He looks a lot like Kelce did at Cincinnati. Not a traditional in-line blocker, has the ability to flex out, but not a polished route runner and really a straight line guy right now.

He's exactly the kind of prospect you could develop in this offense and while nobody will ever be Kelce, this guy could very well develop into someone similar.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #13
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You know what I like about Tremble as a TE?

He looks a lot like Kelce did at Cincinnati. Not a traditional in-line blocker, has the ability to flex out, but not a polished route runner and really a straight line guy right now.

He's exactly the kind of prospect you could develop in this offense and while nobody will ever be Kelce, this guy could very well develop into someone similar.
Have thought the same. It's what I loved about Jeremy Ruckert of Ohio State, too. And what I love about Freiermuth (who is more polished and not worth the cost UNLESS they plan to transition to a 12 set as the primary formation).
Old 02-01-2021, 08:08 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Just coming back to this... I ran a mark with the idea of targeting Perkins in round 2.

Here's what I came up with (PFN - was able to trade down 2x and stockpile picks).

I wouldn't complain about this:

44. (trade down from 32 to 39 and then down to 44)- Ronnie Perkins, DE, Oklahoma
64. Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
73. (acquired in trade from 32 to 39): Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (future X starter, probably sits behind Pringle or DeMarkus Robinson in Year 1)
95. Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame. This just became a BPA spot. Tremble is a good blocker who should be a sizable upgrade at TE2 and has the athleticism to be a weapon down the seam in 2 TE sets.
109 (trade from 39 to 44): Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri (still see him as a great option to take on the Sorenson role. He's also versatile enough to drop deep, giving them flexibility alongside Mathieu and Thornhill).
131. Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State. Again a BPA thing. Gives them some insurance if Damien Williams doesn't come back.
163. Robert Hainsey, OT* (OG), Notre Dame. Played RT in college but is a RG in the pros. Probably needs time to develop, but we know how Reid loves to convert college T to Gs...
225. Tederrel Slaton, DT, Florida. He's a monster of a man, could give them the ability to back up Nnadi cheaply.
I'm hoping for a trade down too. My dream would be the Panthers, being unable to secure one of the top 4 guys trade up to grab a QB (Jones or Trask?) and give us their 2nd, 3rd and a 1st next year.

We then have 2 seconds, 2 thirds and I think 2 fourths to play around with.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #15
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
I'm hoping for a trade down too. My dream would be the Panthers, being unable to secure one of the top 4 guys trade up to grab a QB (Jones or Trask?) and give us their 2nd, 3rd and a 1st next year.

We then have 2 seconds, 2 thirds and I think 2 fourths to play around with.
They aren’t giving up that much to only move up a little bit. You might get a third rounder out of them.