Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2021, 03:02 PM  
Admitted Planet Junky

Where is the cheapest and best place to get Microsoft Office?

I am needing Microsoft Office that has Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. all included. I found on Microsoft.com that it is $149. Surely there has to be a cheaper deal that that.
Also I have seen there is a Microsoft Office 365. It is only like $35.00 and comes with more than just the main 3 programs.
I am not sure which to purchase and why a person would purchase one over the other. Trying to make the best purchase.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
Ain't no relax!

Office online is free, you just have to create a Microsoft account. It's the web versions of the apps, but mostly fully functional.

If you want the physical apps, you have to go with O365, which is $99/year.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:39 PM   #3
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Do you know anyone who is a student or teacher and has a school email address?
Check here to see if their school qualifies for free Office. There's also a link there, "Not Eligible? See More Options" that will get you office 365 Personal (1 user) for $69.99/year.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/students
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Check here to see if their school qualifies for free Office. There's also a link there, "Not Eligible? See More Options" that will get you office 365 Personal (1 user) for $69.99/year.

I work for a college so I will have to check into that.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #5
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I work for a college so I will have to check into that.
Hope it works out for you.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:20 PM   #6
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I am needing Microsoft Office that has Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. all included. I found on Microsoft.com that it is $149. Surely there has to be a cheaper deal that that.
Also I have seen there is a Microsoft Office 365. It is only like $35.00 and comes with more than just the main 3 programs.
I am not sure which to purchase and why a person would purchase one over the other. Trying to make the best purchase.
I pay $1 a week for O365 on 5 devices because it was easier than proving the teacher discount fo $100 for the retail version. Can cancel at any time.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:26 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Google docs or libreOffice If your running Linux.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #8
Here We Go Again

Quote:

That is such highway fkn robbery.

That's why I'm still using an older version of Office on my home PCs. I think I paid like $70 for a three seat license, from Microsoft.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Google docs or libreOffice If your running Linux.
That would be my first recommendation but some people have to have Office for compatibility reasons.

I use Apple's suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers) and I never have any issues. Also don't have to pay MS for their bullshit.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #10
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
That would be my first recommendation but some people have to have Office for compatibility reasons.

I use Apple's suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers) and I never have any issues. Also don't have to pay MS for their bullshit.
Yeah, getting away without using M$ Office is a neat trick if you can do it. But most need it. For me, Excel alone is well worth the money. Too, though those alternatives named here are often adequate they aren't as smooth or as seamlessly integrated as M$. Apple is fine but 95% of the world uses M$ for business and it then becomes a pain in the ass.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #11
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Yeah, getting away without using M$ Office is a neat trick if you can do it. But most need it. For me, Excel alone is well worth the money. Too, though those alternatives named here are often adequate they aren't as smooth or as seamlessly integrated as M$. Apple is fine but 95% of the world uses M$ for business and it then becomes a pain in the ass.
Other than some bullshit that I hate like VLOOKUP, I can do everything I need to do in Numbers and save it in Excel format for other people to use.

I actually prefer the Apple suite, it's more user friendly. Imagine that.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:48 PM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Other than some bullshit that I hate like VLOOKUP, I can do everything I need to do in Numbers and save it in Excel format for other people to use.

Don’t you blaspheme cowboy!

Who doesn’t love VLOOKUP? What kind of heathen are you?

Like Vail, my world runs through excel and it’s worth the money.

If I were in a different industry it would probably be google docs.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:01 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Don’t you blaspheme cowboy!

Who doesn’t love VLOOKUP? What kind of heathen are you?

Like Vail, my world runs through excel and it’s worth the money.

If I were in a different industry it would probably be google docs.
It's my own damn fault. I made the conscious decision to trade in Visio for Excel.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
It's my own damn fault. I made the conscious decision to trade in Visio for Excel.
That’s fair.

Just gotta sling some shit.

We’re running dork smack up in here.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:11 PM   #15
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote: