Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 12-22-2020, 03:10 PM  
In Search of a Life

Staylor26’s Holiday Mock (All rounds)

* Chiefs receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 and 2022 after Bieniemy gets a HC job

* Chiefs get a 4th round comp pick for Kendall Fuller

* Chiefs get a 5th round comp pick for Emmanuel Ogbah

1. Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia- The Chiefs take the young pass rusher from Georgia who has a great combination of explosion and ability to bend the edge. Ojulari was one of the best pass rushers in the SEC this year and should be able to start right away opposite of Clark. Biggest need of 2021 IMO.

2. Chazz Surratt, LB, UNC- I promise I’m not just copying kccrow with this pick. I love Surratt and think he’d be a perfect fit to pair with Gay for the foreseeable future. Surratt and Gay both have great size and speed, and they both can get after the QB too. The possibilities for Spag’s blitz packages are endless with these two on the field together.

3. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma St.- Wallace is an ideal replacement for Watkins at the X. Like Watkins, he has enough speed to be a fit in this offense while offering you a different skill set from Hardman and Hill. This team needs to take a page out of the Steelers draft playbook and take a WR just about every year as long as Mahomes is our QB.

3. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa- Pass blocking is most important when looking for OL in this offense, and Linderbaum who’s relatively new to playing OL, is already looking like a great pass blocker. Unlike Reiter, I think he can develop into a decent run blocker as well.

4. Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin-Finally they invest in that TE2 spot. Ferguson is like a poor man’s Kelce with his ability after the catch. I think he’s a perfect fit for this offense and would give us somebody who could potentially replace Kelce in the future or at least fill in if Kelce were to get injured at any time in the next few years.

4. Caden Sterns, S, Texas- I think safety is quietly a need going into 2021 I’d like to see the Chiefs have the kind of depth at safety that they currently have at corner. Stern is an upside pick that hasn’t quite lived up to his hype/potential. I trust the staff to get the most out of a pick like this.

5. Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech- Herbert is a very good all-around 3 down RB with a good combination of size and athleticism. He fits the profile for Chiefs RB’s and would be an upgrade over Williams and Thompson. He can become RB2 in 2022 when the Chiefs eventually lose Damien.

5. Alaric Jackson, OL, Iowa- the Chiefs add another member of the Hawkeyes OL in Jackson. Jackson has started at LT for Iowa, but I think G is his position in the NFL. Andy loves drafting college T’s and converting them to IOL.

6. Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia/Wake Forest- Newman is a guy that was being talked about as a potential 1st round pick at one point. I definitely wasn’t buying that, but he’s worth a shot late as a potential cheap backup option for Mahomes. We’re getting to a point where we should be drafting QB’s every other year maybe turning one into a higher draft pick later on.

Last edited by staylor26; 12-22-2020 at 06:36 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
Black Bob's daddy

don’t know the individual players, but position wise it looks damn good
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #3
MVP

I have no problem with any of that.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:33 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

This would be a dream draft, IMO. I love it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #5
MVP

Thumbs up from me, I'll comment more later. And you brought up Surratt in one of my other mocks, I give you the kudos.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #6
Supporter

No argument from me. Really like the WR and S picks.

When do we start drafting OTs?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #7
Starter

Caden Sterns is another Texas guy who Herman just couldn't develop. He had a great freshman season and never took that next step.

I think he'll be solid with a team that can have the luxury of developing him for a season or two.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:27 PM   #8
Banned

Ojulari seems like a reach for our defense. I don't think he fits our system. You never see him with his hand in the dirt. He's just not a 4-3 DE. Also, he's not good against the run at all. If we draft this guy, he will basically only play on passing downs.
Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:54 PM   #9
Veteran

The selection of Lucas Niang last year was the first time the Chiefs selected an OT in the draft since Eric Fisher in 2013. Since Schwartz looks to be towards the end of his career and we have no idea if Niang can contribute next year, I would definitely support looking hard at tackles in this year's draft.

Other than that, this looks like a very good draft.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflemen View Post
Ojulari seems like a reach for our defense. I don't think he fits our system. You never see him with his hand in the dirt. He's just not a 4-3 DE. Also, he's not good against the run at all. If we draft this guy, he will basically only play on passing downs.
Ojulari has shown that he can play with his hand in the dirt and stand up. This is backed up by just about every scouting report I’ve seen and the little bit of tape I’ve watched. You’re way off here.

He needs work against the run, but he’s not “terrible” and has shown enough to believe he can get better.

He’s just a RS Soph, so he’s obviously raw and will be used mostly as a pass rusher early on, but the Chiefs have Danna for early downs. I think they compliment each other well for now and could develop into your starting DE’s when Clark is gone.

When you’re picking at 32 you, aren’t going to get a perfect prospect. Ojulari has a lot of upside as a pass rusher and as anybody who’s watched the Chiefs this year can tell you, we desperately need more outside pass rush. Ojulari can at least give you that on day 1.

Last edited by staylor26; 12-22-2020 at 10:03 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:05 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
The selection of Lucas Niang last year was the first time the Chiefs selected an OT in the draft since Eric Fisher in 2013. Since Schwartz looks to be towards the end of his career and we have no idea if Niang can contribute next year, I would definitely support looking hard at tackles in this year's draft.

Other than that, this looks like a very good draft.
I fully expect Niang to have a role next year, but part of the appeal of Alaric Jackson (5th round in the mock) is his experience at LT for the Hawkeyes. Niang, Rankin, and Jackson give you 3 young guys with experience at T. Ultimately I think Jackson ends up on the inside at G, but the beauty of drafting guys with versatility is you protect yourself for potential injuries. Look at how the Chiefs slid Wylier over to RT on Sunday for a perfect example of that.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:10 PM   #12
__

What’s your projected OL and OL depth?

Good work on this.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:24 AM   #13
In Search of a Life

What an unrealistic bag of crap draft
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
What an unrealistic bag of crap draft
such insight.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #15
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
such insight.
Stay out of staylor and I's business. It's between us.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.