Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2020, 07:00 PM  
Veteran

The Chop is Changing... Barely

I know there was a thread about face paint, headdresses, and Warpaint, but here’s an update on the Chop.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...245608310.html

Quote:

Native Americans will bless the big ceremonial drum like always, and before the drumbeat starts an announcement will be made that incorporating the drum into the game-day experience is a “privilege” and that fans are invited to join as they beat the drum.

The cheerleaders will then do the same chop motion, but with a closed fist instead of open palm. You know, signaling the beating of the drum.

Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Pointer19 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #61
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.
cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.cwhocares must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #62
Stroking to the SB Champs!

I'm doing a tomahawk chopped salad to go along with the steak I'm grilling for my pre-game meal.

#pleasedontcancelme
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #63
Supporter

via Gfycat

Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.
Standing ovation post.

Take a bow.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #65
'Tis my eye!

It's so, so easy to keep sports and politics apart when the teams are melding sports and politics. So easy to just keep politics out of the Lounge.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #66
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It's so, so easy to keep sports and politics apart when the teams are melding sports and politics. So easy to just keep politics out of the Lounge.
Liberals ruin everything.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #67
Supporter

I'll bet most of the cheerleaders have an open fist like they're gripping an.....eggplant emoji.

Then they'll be pumping it like a shakeweight.

That's how I'm going to tolerate this stupid capitulation modification.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #68
Veteran

Quote:
Is it really so hard not to say things like 'own the libs' or 'liberals ruin everything' or 'thanks Trump'?
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #69
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
Is it really so hard not to say things like 'own the libs' or 'liberals ruin everything' or 'thanks Trump'?
There's more subtle things said, even in this thread.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #70
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Liberals ruin everything.
So you would have zero problems if I went to a washington generals game in an army costume with a purple heart and campaign medals?
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #71
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBobo View Post
So you would have zero problems if I went to a washington generals game in an army costume with a purple heart and campaign badges?
Do whatever the **** you want to do.

Just don't tell me what to do.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #72
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Not sure why anybody is surprised. They said they were going to "evaluate" the chop. What did you think that meant?
I was hoping it was kind of "don't call us, we'll call you" allegory.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #73
The pizza king of kansas

I'm still going to do the chop my ancestors on my mom side were indians and they wouldn't be complaining about this. They would be complaining about lack of virgins to sacrifice.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #74
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Not for nothing, but The Chop is ****ing stupid anyway.
I agree, but you and I are in the minority opinion on this one.

Granted, I live away from KC and don't come down to Arrowhead all that often to watch games. It means a lot more to people who are season ticket holders and have grown up with the Arrowhead experience and all of its traditions.

Granted, the Tony DiPardo band used to be a tradition. And Gary Glitter.

I guess... dunno... things come and go. Change happens. I'm not going to shit on people for appreciating and not wanting to get rid of the chop, but I do think it's also not something worth getting outraged over.

And I'm going to stop my post here for fear of treading into political waters.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #75
MVP

If we don't evolve, we die out. Mahomes has evolved the game of football. Yes the mile high salute is really really gay
OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.