Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-08-2019, 04:34 PM  
In Search of a Life

Wonder Woman 1984 trailer

Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #136
Supporter

Well, that was far worse than even I expected.

The movie didn't know whether it wanted to be a "tribute" to the 80's or to be set in the 80's. Kristen Wiig's character was straight out of SNL for the first act and by the third act, was unrecognizable and dumb. The McGuffin was as old as Egypt itself; stale, boring and just plain uninteresting. Bringing back Steve Trevor was as dopey as all of those 80's and early 90's movies that had their own take on Freaky Friday and Pedro Pascal's character and motivations were also completely unbelievable.

The opening sequence really had nothing to do with the movie, unless they were trying to tie her "cheating" into Diana's decision to "rescind" her wish (is that even possible?). And why could Pedro Pascal take on the world's wishes and grow stronger and stronger while Diana lost her powers with just one? And what part of Kristin Wiig's life changed for the worst after her wish? There was just zero continuity within its own set of "rules".

Simply put, the movie was a just an epic disaster that did absolutely nothing to move the narrative forward about Wonder Woman or the DCU. Nothing that happened in this film is even remotely important enough in her journey to use as a "Callback" in future WW or DCU films, unless they attempt to use Kristen Wiig's character 40 years down the line and I would think that Superman or Aquaman or even a full strength WW could rip her to shreds.

I was all just too dumb for a $200 million dollar budget and seemed more akin to the 70's TV show than the DCU. And my kids kept saying "This is the worst movie EVER!" for the entire run time.

Now we know why AT&T/Time Warner stuck this garbage on HBO Max:

It would have been absolutely shredded by critics and audiences alike that would have paid to see it in theaters.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #137
MVP

Maxwell Lord was trying to be Bruce Almighty.

Was there even one song from the 80s in the movie?
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #138
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post

It was pointless to even set the movie in the 80s. They didn’t really do anything with that premise other than make some jokes about the clothing styles.

The plot could have been set in any decade. And the wishing rock thing was just dumb.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #139
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Just finished it. It was entertaining for the 2nd half the movie. The first one is far superior. This had some good moments but felt this movie could've been better and shorter. Plot was predictable and had some real cheesy moments. I still want a 3rd current day movie but it has to get the magic back. Performance by the actors were fine but should've had better material.

Glad this was streaming.
Pretty much agree on all points (esp your last point). No way in hell would I have sat in theaters thru this (the run time should have been trimmed down imo). Just way too long.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:56 PM   #140
Everybody Lies.

I thought the first WW movie was pretty boring. I don't know. DC has done absolutely nothing to impress me with any of their movies since the Nolan Batman movies. And I'm a DC guy. Disappointing.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #141
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I thought the first WW movie was pretty boring. I don't know. DC has done absolutely nothing to impress me with any of their movies since the Nolan Batman movies. And I'm a DC guy. Disappointing.
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics, but the MCU is light years ahead of DCEU.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #142
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics, but the MCU is light years ahead of DCEU.
Agreed. I wish DC would start to really focus hard on some good quality animated features. I'd love for them to make some stuff in the mold of Batman the Animated Series.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #143
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics
Neg rep.

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:08 PM   #144

To be honest the whole thing felt like a tribute to the Superman II & III style of movies, and if that was the intention I think they mostly pulled it off. Problem is those kinds of movies will get killed today because everything has to be in a universe and unflinchingly apply to a set of rules. I kind of applaud the guts it takes to make a movie that is completely against the grain of the last 15 years of superhero movies knowing you're going to get killed. Jenkins definitely did it way better than Bryan Singer did, she at least tried to have some fun with this.

There were still some major flaws though, no doubt, but I did enjoy that they didn't even try to tie this into any other film or waste time worldbuilding for another movie. That's gotten DC in so much trouble because it feels like they're just copying Marvel and not doing it nearly as well.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:19 PM   #145
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Just finished it...Awful... Looking at Gal was the only reason I stayed with it..
Completely agree. This movie was pretty awful (Gal Gadot was pretty, and the movie was awful).

I'm really glad I didn't pay to watch this in a theater.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #146
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Shazam was great and made fun of the tropes in a not mean spirited way.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:02 AM   #147
Has a particular set of skills

They paid $200 million to make this trash. WTF? Complete disaster.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:29 AM   #148
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post

Frankie goes to Hollywood welcome to the pleasure dome.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #149
In Search of a Life

Not a good movie. I paid for a month of HBO max to see this and I wish I hadn't.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:02 PM   #150
Stay positive, don't give up

@Variety: ‘Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty*Jenkins https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...ns-1234875194/

Jenkins is back.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.