Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 06-10-2018, 08:18 PM  
Time Keeps On Slipping

Cyberpunk 2077

Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
Time Keeps On Slipping

CD Project Red is the new BioWare to me.

BioWare set a new bar in narrative SP experience with KOTOR and then raised it with Mass Effect 1.

CD Project Red set a new bar in open world SP narrative with Witcher 3 and is about to raise it with this masterpiece.

I can't ****ing wait.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #3
Starter

Way too pretty for me. I love the overcast rainy dirty cyberpunk full of rampant ecological disasters, nations giving way to enormous multinationals, grime, etc. Its just one trailer, and its CD Projekt Red so I'll give it a chance, but it doesn't appear to be what I was hoping for so far. ****ing palm trees? Come on now.

William Gibson (the father of cyberpunk) summed my feelings up pretty well: "The trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 strikes me as GTA skinned-over with a generic 80s retro-future, but hey that's just me."

https://www.pcgamer.com/william-gibs...erpunk-enough/
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #4
MVP

The gritty and grimy everything is grey and washed out cyberpunk aesthetic has been done to death.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
The gritty and grimy everything is grey and washed out cyberpunk aesthetic has been done to death.
I don't expect/want Blade Runner and constant darkness. It just looks too pretty to me from what we saw in the trailer. "Pretty" is most definitely not a major cyberpunk theme. But like I said, the trailer just shows a tiny fraction of the game world. It sounds like its gonna be massive.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
Supporter

I'm interested enough to see where they go with this. I'm intrigued by the non-stereotypical cyberpunk environment.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #7
mod-ish

Has a bit of a Dredd feel to it. Interested.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #8
I'll be back.

Holy ****, man.

This looks like a cross between Deus Ex, Fallout and GTA.

IN.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #9
MVP

I was familiar with the tabletop RPG this game is based on, and it's been on my radar since they announced it like 5 years ago. Kinda disappointed they still haven't said anything about a release date. Looks cool though. As far as looking too pretty .... why wouldn't there be palm trees? There hasn't been a nuke go off or anything. It's just a corporation controlled government with a large gap between the haves and the have nots. Which probably means lax environmental regulations with pollution getting out of hand, but it also means big leaps in innovation without a bunch of regulation. It's not the damn apocalypse. The game is a little more colorful than I would have maybe guessed, but the real world has color, and it's got a cool vibe.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:31 AM   #10
MVP

I think one of the main reasons a few people are wierded out by the look of the game is they are showing it in daylight. Cyberpunk in books has had daytime, but in visual imagery, it is almost exclusively shown at night.

I was reading Cyberpunk back when it first started in the 80's, and Gibson is more or less the father of the genre, but frankly I liked some other authors better. But he does have a somewhat of a point about it giving off a GTA vibe. Mike Pondsmith is obviously on board with it, and I think it works. I'm looking forward to this game more than anything else I've seen. Just take my money and let me play it.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #11
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post

William Gibson (the father of cyberpunk) summed my feelings up pretty well: "The trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 strikes me as GTA skinned-over with a generic 80s retro-future, but hey that's just me."
Wow. That's pretty spot on. No better way to describe it.

With that said, i'd love a GTA skinned-over with a generic 80's retro-future.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Wow. That's pretty spot on. No better way to describe it.

With that said, i'd love a GTA skinned-over with a generic 80's retro-future.
Yeah, I'm still pumped. I just hope the finished product doesn't look so clean. We're talking about a genre where there's basically no middle-class and multinationals abuse the environment. I'd expect that world to look a little dirtier. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen more. I'll probably love it either way.

I'm excited it will be first-person, too.

Last edited by ShiftyEyedWaterboy; 06-12-2018 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #13
Time Keeps On Slipping

I can see how the source material may be important to certain folks, but personally, I am not familiar with it. Therefore, it's not a concern for me at all. Like AT ALL.

People who got to see and experience it behind closed doors, however, are shitting their pants.

https://www.techspot.com/news/75058-...llrunning.html
Old 06-12-2018, 09:03 PM   #14
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I can see how the source material may be important to certain folks, but personally, I am not familiar with it. Therefore, it's not a concern for me at all. Like AT ALL.

People who got to see and experience it behind closed doors, however, are shitting their pants.

https://www.techspot.com/news/75058-...llrunning.html
Yeah, I'm heartened after reading up on it some.

Here's a good description of the 50 min demo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...0_minute_long/
Old 06-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #15
MVP