Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2016, 07:22 AM  
MVP

American Gods (STARZ)

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #31
Better than Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
I didn't care for it. Too much slow-mo. Confusing plot (I haven't read the books). Lots of dialogue that doesn't actually develop the characters in any way.

I'll keep watching, but the pilot didn't do anything for me.
This is how i felt. Might be a genre issue for me.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #32
Bolton gonna knock you out

Just watched episode 1. Really liked it. I don't know anything about the plot or book, but like the way it started. The opening sequence with the Vikings was pretty damn funny, and I'm guessing that somehow ties into the story later? Either way gonna watch ep 2 tomorrow.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #33
"You like to drink?"

Ian McShane is just balls-on perfect casting.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #34
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

It's weird but I can't turn away.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #35
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

The rewrites aren't doing it for me. Such a good book. Maybe the show would be better if i hadn't read it.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #36
"You like to drink?"

Spoiler!
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #37
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Good stuff
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #38
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Spoiler!
Agreed. They are making changes to the storyline i.e. opening scene where the vikings inexplicably battle each other instead of sacrificing the native, Shadow's wife appearing as a dream instead of real in the hotel room, them having a house instead of an apartment and him spending a needless amount of time there, the slave ship scene,etc. none of which happened in the book. Drawing out the scene with the Russian god's to the point of boring, having a skinny Techno in a ridiculous cyber limo, Media already appearing,and in a Sam's club etc.
Shadow not being noticeably larger to the point where people comment on his size.
The difference between Starz and HBO is really apparent with this one.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #39
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Agreed. They are making changes to the storyline i.e. opening scene where the vikings inexplicably battle each other instead of sacrificing the native, Shadow's wife appearing as a dream instead of real in the hotel room, them having a house instead of an apartment and him spending a needless amount of time there, the slave ship scene,etc. none of which happened in the book. Drawing out the scene with the Russian god's to the point of boring, having a skinny Techno in a ridiculous cyber limo, Media already appearing,and in a Sam's club etc.
Shadow not being noticeably larger to the point where people comment on his size.
The difference between Starz and HBO is really apparent with this one.
Spoiler!

Pertaining to book vs show differences:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Discuss Thrower; 05-09-2017 at 01:06 PM..
Old 05-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #40
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Spoiler!

Pertaining to book vs show differences:

Spoiler!
Good points all. I'm less sanguine than you I think where it comes to rewrites whose only purpose is to stretch a story. The scene in the Russian's house dragged on forever to the point of boredom. Strict adherence to the book I know is rarely possible and it is early on so I'm not giving up on it yet. All in all it's pretty 'meh' so far. (And Shadow needs to be bigger.)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #41
Mindful Taoist German

Between Preacher and this I hope there's a strong push towards more adult COMIX fare from here on...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #42
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Between Preacher and this I hope there's a strong push towards more adult COMIX fare from here on...
This one is lame but Preacher and Legion are ab fab.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #43
oxymoron

Renewed for a second season.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:34 PM   #44
"You like to drink?"

Kinda thought it would be a while for the gay sex but oh well.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:54 PM   #45
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Haha that'll scare away the Redneck demographic

GOOD show by the way, The leprechaun is great and McShane kills it. The dude who plays Shadow is, ironically, overshadowed by him sometimes..

Last edited by L.A. Chieffan; 05-14-2017 at 11:44 PM..
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.