Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 PM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

Megadeth > Metallica

To start off:
I'm a HUGE Metallica fan. In fact my first 5 years of playing electric guitar was solely based on Metallica. I started off playing Bluegrass guitar with my dad, even though my soul wasn't bluegrass.

My first exposure to Metallica was hearing "Nothing Else Matters" on MTV before school waiting for my buddy to pick me up for school. I asked my brother if he had ever heard of them, and of course he had. He handed me a tape that had zero information of it. in that all the 'font' (for lack of a better word) was gone. It was a simple 'blank" tape. It was weathered, and the only thing I could determine that it was a Metallica tape was simply my brother's word. It was Master of Puppets Within 4 weeks, I had owned everything of Metallica and had thrown bluegrass by the wayside.

Long loving Metallica fan for years; devoted. Having heard Megadeth and loving a few of their songs, I was still committed to Metallica. However, years later, I've discovered that I may have been premature in my categorization of music.

Years had passed since I had really 'listened' to Megadeth. Years, as in 10+. Then, I stumbled upon a Megadeth record. While it escapes my memory at this point, the collective memory of the tunes has lead me to the belief that Megadeth is better than Metalica.

While some, to what degree I don't know, may have always held this belief, the discovery of Megadeth is a new one for me. After listening to many records, Im beginning to feel more confident in saying that Megadeth is better. Obviously, it's subjective.

Metallica's "Black" Album is equivalent to Pink Floy'd "The Wall" in terms of impact. However, Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction", has been severely over-shadowed by the 'Black" album of Metallica. Subsequently, as it had been up to that point, Megadeth had fallen by the wayside. "Symphony of Destructions' release around the same time, was over-shadowed by the Black album.

After what was a universal success of the Black album, Megadeth seemed to finally have received the kill shot. But, if we are to look at the records and time frame comparatively, I think Megadeth got the short end of the stick.

Since then, Megadeth has sustained their status despite radio and marketing support. I've listened to several Megadeth albums/tunes from the "Black" album going forward, and I must say they are not getting the credit that is due. In some aspects, they blow Metallica out of the water. To be honest, they are quickly surpassing Metallica.

I've always been a huge fan of Megadeth since the Mechanix type songs. But since Peace Sells Who's Buying album, Megadeth has gotten the shaft. By a LONG shot.

TLDR....but oh well.

Last edited by Dayze; 01-27-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #91
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Megadeth has had some great albums and some flops. Mostly the greats came in the early years and the flops in the later.

Metallica has had some great albums and some flops. Mostly the greats came in the early years and the flops in the later.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #92
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
You already blew it by posting a link to "Primus - Master of Puppets".
I thought you were my friend...
I liked it...

But, I have always dug Les.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #93
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
If I state my true opinion - I'd lose friends here, so I'll just sit back and observe.
Megadeth is just too black sounding for me
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #94
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
Megadeth is just too black sounding for me
Racist!

Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #95
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
I liked it...

But, I have always dug Les.
Don't get me wrong. Of course I liked it and I'm certainly a fan of Primus.
Mr. Red, however, said he wouldn't state his opinion for the fear of losing friends yet he showed his cards through his sneaky link.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #96
Resident Glue Sniffer

you are correct.

Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #97
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
you are correct.

Well, when I play my V, especially sitting down, my leg sits in the V and it's the TOP part that supports the guitar, not the bottom.

So in that sense, I don't see where the Jackson would be any less wieldy.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #98
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Well, when I play my V, especially sitting down, my leg sits in the V and it's the TOP part that supports the guitar, not the bottom.

So in that sense, I don't see where the Jackson would be any less wieldy.
this is really sticking in your craw huh.

Whaddya want me to say, I just didnt enjoy playing that model at all, even less than the Warlock... swore on all my ancestors graves that I just HAD to have one of those until I spent some time playing one.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #99
In my youth i pray to keep

Sorry but I disagree. I love Metallica and have since I was about 8. But I cannot stand Megadeth. To me Megadeth sounds like a metal band with Axl Rose as their front man.

Last edited by bdj23; 01-30-2014 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammar
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #100
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post

Whaddya want me to say, I just didnt enjoy playing that model at all, even less than the Warlock... swore on all my ancestors graves that I just HAD to have one of those until I spent some time playing one.
No, not really. Just explaining that it really isn't an issue.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #101
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Sorry but I disagree. I love Metallica and have since I was about 8. But I cannot stand Megadeth. But to me Megadwth sounds like a metal band with Axl Rose as their front man.
Mustaine is a horrible singer.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:15 AM   #102
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Mustaine is a horrible singer.
What does that have to do with anything? They're not singing gospel.

James Hetfield is a horrible singer too.

The godfather of speed metal, Lemmy, is the worst. And he's still a ****ing god.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #103
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post

Warlock, heh. My old singer got a Warlock as part of a package deal he bought off some guy, (he also got a monitor and cool home made cabinet). He gave the Warlock to me and I laughed for hours:

WTF was I supposed to do with this? The headstock was black so I thought of sanding it down and repainting it but it was such a piece of shit that it wasn't worth the effort.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #104
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
Warlock, heh. My old singer got a Warlock as part of a package deal he bought off some guy, (he also got a monitor and cool home made cabinet). He gave the Warlock to me and I laughed for hours:

WTF was I supposed to do with this? The headstock was black so I thought of sanding it down and repainting it but it was such a piece of shit that it wasn't worth the effort.

Unless you're Lita Ford, that thing is useless.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:18 PM   #105
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

James Hetfield is a horrible singer too.
Is...not was.

He had a couple golden years there where his vocals were a pleasure.
DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.