Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2021, 12:44 PM  
__

Ranking Our Needs

My armchair assessment.

1. OT

On roster: Lucas Niang, Martinas Rankin, Eric Fisher (injured), Mitchell Schwartz (retiring?)
RFA:
UFA: Mike Remmers
? Prince Tega Wanogho (can't figure out if he's under contract for 2021)

2. DE

On roster: Frank Clark, Mike Danna, Tim Ward
RFA:
UFA: Tanoh Kpassagnon, Alex Okafor, Taco Charlton, Demone Harris
? Austin Edwards

3. WR

On roster: Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman
RFA: Byron Pringle
UFA: Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Dieter
? Maurice Ffrench, Jody Fortson, Tajae Sharpe

4. LB

On roster: Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay Jr., Emmanuel Smith, Dorian O'Daniel
RFA: Ben Niemann, Darius Harris
UFA: Damien Wilson
? Omari Cobb

5. IOL

On roster: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Nick Allegretti, Yasir Durant
RFA: Andrew Wylie
UFA: Austin Reiter, Kelechi Osemele, Stefen Wisniewski, Daniel Kilgore, Bryan Witzmann
? Patrick Omameh

6. CB

On roster: L'Jarius Sneed, Rashad Fenton, Bopete Keyes
RFA: Charvarius Ward, Alex Brown
UFA: Bashaud Breeland, Antonio Hamilton, Deandre Baker
?

7. S

On roster: Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Armani Watts
RFA:
UFA: Daniel Sorensen
? Chris Lammons

8. TE

On roster: Travis Kelce
RFA: Nick Keizer, Deon Yelder
UFA: Ricky Seals-Jones
? Evan Baylis

9. DT

On roster: Chris Jones, Tershawn Wharton, Derrick Nnadi, Khalen Saunders
RFA:
UFA: Mike Pennel
?

10. RB

On roster: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson
RFA: Darrel Williams
UFA: Le'Veon Bell
? Elijah McGuire

11. QB

On roster: Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne
RFA:
UFA: Matt Moore
?
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

1. DE
2. WR
3. C
4. OT
5. OG

That's my top 5.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:53 PM   #3
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
1. DE
2. WR
3. C
4. OT
5. OG

That's my top 5.
I don't think the WR position is as bad as you say it is. In a bind, it really only needs one major body.

You can bring Pringle and/or Robinson back for pennies, but you still would like to have that dynamic #2. Find one guy who can be that and you're golden. Pat can win without the dynamic #2 anyway.

OT and DE is just a mess, OT especially. Even bringing back Remmers doesn't solve the issue. You're going to need multiple bodies there.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I don't think the WR position is as bad as you say it is. In a bind, it really only needs one major body.

You can bring Pringle and/or Robinson back for pennies, but you still would like to have that dynamic #2. Find one guy who can be that and you're golden. Pat can win without the dynamic #2 anyway.

OT and DE is just a mess, OT especially. Even bringing back Remmers doesn't solve the issue. You're going to need multiple bodies there.
I'm also looking at it in terms of volume vs. value.

We need a top flight WR, somebody who can come in and be a #2 right away and those guys can be had where we're picking. We also need a #2 DE and one of those could be there at #32. At best though, we only need one of each, we just need good ones.

The OT position is quite a bit more tricky than that. I believe we're going to have to find a starter in FA (or already on the team) with Niang also as a favorite. We need more than one OT at this point.

I don't think you're taking a starting OT at #32 unless the board falls just right. You have a better chance of getting a starting C there, although I still think the sweet spot for C is at #64.

The tackle situation is truly a bad one and taking one in the first just because isn't going to solve it. It will just make the other positions worse.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #5
Andy Reid Supporter

1. WR
2. C
3. DE
4. OT
5. LB

I think we have to utilize the strength of this team and that is Mahomes and his weapons. Pringle is our only blocking WR with size that isn’t a FA. Tyreek and Hardman aren’t exactly known for blocking.
I think we need to draft a Sammy replacement.

I narrowly put C over DE bc honestly we have a starting DL of Clark, Jones, Wharton and Danna. One of Taco/Okafor/Kpass could come back cheap to provide depth.
At C we have maybe Kilgore and??? I agree that some team is going to overpay for Reiter and will cause use it have nobody.

Tackle might be okay with Remmers ad Niang, Rankin/Wylie as backups and Prince Tega-Wanogho as depth. Need to add someone though.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #6
Banned

1. OT
2. C
3. DE
4. WR
5. LB

We already needed a infusion of talent on the line before losing our LT for the foreseeable future. Now, its a dire situation. That said, I agree with others and think that reaching for a lower quality LT over a better edge rusher is a mistake that will hurt us in the end.

We have to go 1 of those spots (DE,LT) in the 1st imo. I think that there's a good chance we can grab the top rated C at 64th so I'm all over that if possible. The hope is that a premiere LT falls to us but that seems unlikely. With our cap problems we're ****ed even more.

Maybe someone wants a QB at the end of the 1st and trades up with us netting us a cpl more picks. If not, grab a DE in the 1st, C in the 2nd and use the 3rd on a tackle while hoping that Mitchell can play 1 more season.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

I think Niang would be your hopeful LT.

Gotta find a RT and some interior OL help though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:42 PM   #8
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
1. WR
2. C
3. DE
4. OT
5. LB

I think we have to utilize the strength of this team and that is Mahomes and his weapons. Pringle is our only blocking WR with size that isn’t a FA. Tyreek and Hardman aren’t exactly known for blocking.
I think we need to draft a Sammy replacement.

I narrowly put C over DE bc honestly we have a starting DL of Clark, Jones, Wharton and Danna. One of Taco/Okafor/Kpass could come back cheap to provide depth.
At C we have maybe Kilgore and??? I agree that some team is going to overpay for Reiter and will cause use it have nobody.

Tackle might be okay with Remmers ad Niang, Rankin/Wylie as backups and Prince Tega-Wanogho as depth. Need to add someone though.
We won’t have Kilgore or Reiter.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #9
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

We gotta slide TE up to #6. If Kelce should be out for any extended time, it would be a critical blow to our offense.

I'm not saying he's replaceable, but we have to have someone there who can help Patrick and mitigate the risk of potentially losing Kelce - at the least. At the most, we get a stud who can catch and run routes.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:40 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
1. DE
2. WR
3. C
4. OT
5. OG

That's my top 5.
If Britt is healthy, that'd be a good signing.

No draftee WR is going to be a #2 starter in this offense. None ever has, at least not effectively, as a rookie.

OT is definitely a problem that will require a multi-faceted approach, draft and FA signing.

OG depends on how Veach and Reid feel about guys like Durant moving forward.

DE I agree; I think we're one impact rusher away from a dominant defense. I'd think they re-sign Charlton if he's healthy, he'll be inexpensive. Okafor is probably gone.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:43 PM   #11
MVP

anyway, I say:
1.OT-we literally don't have a starting quality healthy OT.
2.DE-we're a guy away from dominant, I think.
3.WR-we need to start re-stocking and it will take a year to really integrate
4.C-a mid-rounder and resigning Kilgore (or Britt!) on the cheap can make this tolerable
5.OG-depends on the status of guys like Durant and what the team thinks of their potential.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #12
The man you could post like.

Andy Reid's stategy to building a team from way back in his Philadelphia days.

Andy Reid told Philadelphia, I want two offensive tackles, a quarterback, two pass rushers, two corners, and I'll figure the rest out.

The fact that both Fisher and Schwartz may have already played their last snaps here would tell you where our focus will be, especially since we have all the other wants on that list.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:49 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

They're going to focus on OT for sure.

It just might not be in the first round of the draft.

They simply can't go into next season with two rookies at LT and RT.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:38 PM   #14
Starter

Critical needs
1. OT
2. DE
Anything after that makes us even more unfair to deal with IMO
3.OG
4.CB/S
5.LB
6.RB
7.WR
8.TE
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #15
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
Critical needs
1. OT
2. DE
Anything after that makes us even more unfair to deal with IMO
3.OG
4.CB/S
5.LB
6.RB
7.WR
8.TE
WR and TE after LB and RB.