Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2020, 03:54 AM   Topic Starter
Veteran

2/9 Mock

This is probably my last one (or I might do one more draft only mock after the FA excitement is over).

I don't really love how this one turned out, I started with the premise of "how much can I beef up the Oline?" and then tried to see how much else I could fit around that after I did it. It's pretty tight against the cap as is, I would be much happier with it if there was some kind of contract extension for Kelce or someone that could free up a little cap for 1 more addition but that stuff is too fiddly for me.

Anyway, without further ado:

Moves

Chiefs Cut Sammy Watkins, Cam Erving, LDT

Chris Jones is tagged and then traded to The Seahawks for their 1st round pick in 2020 (27) and their 2nd round pick in 2021.

The Chiefs give Mahomes a multi year extension, the 2020 impact of which is +3.5m (once again, shamelessly stolen from KCCrow mock)

Free Agent Signings:

Brandon Scherff - G (4 years $45m, 2020 impact ~$8m). Three time pro bowl guard, expensive as a former #5 overall pick but we going down the protect Mahomes at all costs route.

Graham Glasgow – G/C (4 years $28m, 2020 impact ~$6m). Hope you like fatties. We’re also keeping Wis, I would expect Glasgow to start at guard and Wis and Reiter compete for the center job.

Greg Olsen – TE (2 years $8m, 2020 impact ~$4m). Veteran with a few years left at most who will want a ring.

Brian Poole – CB (3 years $14m, 2020 impact ~$4m). Low key good slot corner, hopefully could be had for cheap ish considering I don’t think he will get a lot of hype

Re-signings

Matt Moore (2 years $4m, 2020 impact ~$1.5m)
Mike Pennel (2 years $2.5m, 2020 impact ~$1m)
Stefen Wisnieswski (1 year $1.5m)
Reggie Ragland (1 year $1m)
ERFAs retained: Yelder, Wylie, Kemp

Draft:
1. (from Seattle) DT Ross Blacklock
1. CB Jeff Gladney
2. CB Jaylon Johnson
3. DE Bradlee Anae
4. WR Isaiah Hodgins
5. RB Michael Warren II

Roster:
QB: Mahomes, Moore, Shurmur
RB: Williams, Williams, Thompson, Warren
FB: Lovett
WR: Hill, Hardman, Hodgins, Pringle, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Olsen, Yelder
OL: Fisher, Glasgow, Wisnieswski, Scherff, Schwartz, Reiter, Rankins, Wylie, Allegretti,
DE: Clark, Okafor, Kpassagnon, Speaks, Anae
DT: Nnadi, Blacklock, Saunders, Pennel,
LB: Wilson, Hitchens, Ragland, Niemann, O'Daniel
CB:Ward, Gladney, Johnson, Poole, Fenton
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Watts, Sorenson,
ST: Butker, Colquitt, Winchester

General thoughts:
As I said at the top, priority number 1 in this was fatties and I think this could be a beastly unit. The wide receiver situation isn't great, and this is probably where I would try and add 1 more vet piece if I could free up some cap via an extension. Hopefully adding another veteran tight end would take some pressure of the young wideouts. I was looking for a late round running back to add to this when Crow posted his thread about Warren II yesterday, so yes I stole the idea from there.

The linebacker group is still the weak spot of the defense, I feel less good about leaving it unimproved than I did before the Superbowl, where the 49ers outside running plan really showed that our linebackers just aren't fast enough. I would still hope that Spags would find some way to use the existing talent of DOD and Watts to add speed to the defense, as we're stuck with Hitchens and I like Wilson.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli