Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 02-13-2020, 10:58 AM   Topic Starter
Most Valuable Villain

Mock Offseason - 2/13 - The Chris Jones trade

Starting Cap Space: $13.7 million

Restructure Eric Fisher's contract - gain $4 million in cap space.

Cuts:

LDT: $5 million in savings
Cameron Erving: $3.25 million in savings
Dustin Colquitt retires.

Trade Sammy Watkins to the Giants for a 4th round pick.
Trade Chris Jones to the Dolphins for a 2020 1st round pick (#26) and a 2021 3rd round pick.

Cap Space after moves: $36 million

Patrick Mahomes extension - 5 years, $190 million. $114 million guaranteed - $60 million signing bonus.
Contract extension increases his 2020 cap hit at the current $14 million and then his 2021 cap hit will be the
5th year option of $24 million.

Kendall Fuller - 3 year, $27 million with $15 million guaranteed.

One year minimal deals - Stefan Wisniewski, Anthony Sherman, Matt Moore and Mike Pennel.
ERFA deals - Andrew Wylie, Deon Yelder and Marcus Kemp

I believe that this should put our cap space at around roughly $18.5 million. Take out around $9 million for the rookie pool
and you're left with $9.5 million.

NFL Draft

1st round (from MIA) - #26 - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
1st round (KC) - #32 - Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
2nd round (KC) - #63 - Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU
3rd round (KC) - #96 - Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech
4th round (NYG) - #100 - Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame
4th round (KC) - #128 - Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
5th round (KC) - #160 - Reggie Floyd, S, Virginia Tech

Starting offensive line: Fisher - Wisniewski - Cushenberry - Rankin - Schwartz

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Matt Moore
RB - Damien Williams, Darrell Williams, Darwin Thompson, Mike Weber
FB - Anthony Sherman
WR - Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Tee Higgins, Byron Pringle, Marcus Kemp
TE - Travis Kelce, Deon Yelder, Adam Trautman
OT - Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Jackson Barton
OG - Stefan Wisniewski, Martinas Rankin, Nick Allegretti
OC - Llody Cushenberry, Austin Reiter

DE - Frank Clark, Alex Okafor, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Breeland Speaks, Demone Harris
DT - Derrick Nnadi, Khalen Saunders, Mike Pennel
LB - Anthony Hitchens, Damien Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, Ben Niemann, Dorian O'Daniel
CB - Charvarious Ward, Kendall Fuller, Jaylon Johnson, Rashad Fenton, Troy Pride
S - Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Daniel Sorensen, Armani Watts, Reggie Floyd

K - Harrison Butker
P - Rookie (6th or 7th round) or UDFA
LS - James Winchester

Total of 49 players currently. Leaves room for 4 UDFAs to make the roster, or Veach to complete trades or other signings
to round out the roster.

Free Agents that should be looked at for 2021.

Charvarious Ward
Tanoh Kpassagnon

Current Cap Space for the 2021 Season - $58 million (projected salary cap of $222 million)
Top 10 Cap Hits for the 2021 Season
Patrick Mahomes - $27 million
Frank Clark - $24 million
Tyrann Mathieu - $19.75 million
Tyreek Hill - $15.7 million
Kendall Fuller - $10.75 million
Anthony Hitchens - $10.7 million
Mitchell Schwartz - $10 million
Travis Kelce - $9 million
Alex Okafor - $7.95 million (Possible cut)
Harrison Butker - $3.9 million
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Yes I realize that this leaves our DTs a little thin but I think Spags and Daly rotate KPass and Speaks inside during passing situations with Nnadi and Pennel holding it down during early downs.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Most Valuable Villain

And you could probably get a way with cutting some other players. Sorenson or Wilson could probably by gone and replaced with similar players. Hard to say.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #4
Starter

All of Colorado sports talk has been talking about Laviska Shenault Jr. falling out of the first round.

I'd love a few mocks where we scoop him up at the end of the first. He reminds me a lot of AJ Brown and would be a great contrast to the smaller speedsters we have in Hill + Hardman.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #5
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I sure hope they like Jackson Barton enough to trust him as Erving’s replacement. That would be awesome.

As far as moving on from Jones goes, I think you’d be on the right track to assume that they’d use Speaks and TK on the interior pretty frequently. The drop off would be massive, but that’s going to be the case going from Jones to anyone.

I think with this mock specifically, we get a lot better in the secondary and upgrade at LB, but our pass rush is definitely going to take a beating.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I sure hope they like Jackson Barton enough to trust him as Erving’s replacement. That would be awesome.

As far as moving on from Jones goes, I think you’d be on the right track to assume that they’d use Speaks and TK on the interior pretty frequently. The drop off would be massive, but that’s going to be the case going from Jones to anyone.

I think with this mock specifically, we get a lot better in the secondary and upgrade at LB, but our pass rush is definitely going to take a beating.
They kept Barton on the squad all year as soon as they signed him. I know they had to but I don’t think they would have wasted a roster spot on someone they didn’t see any value in.

And the Jones quandary right now is whether you want a pass rush or better depth at LB and CB. I don’t see how they can pull off both. You could probably afford to bring back Ogbah if you trade Jones but then your DT group is still lacking.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
Veteran

Nicely done. Seems realistic to me.

I like the idea of picking up 2 corners. CB play is so volatile from year-to-year that it's super risky - not to mention expensive - to fill that position through free agency. We're lucky Breeland worked out as well as he did. I'd try and draft a corner every year.

Looking at next year, I think Higgins' size (6' 4" 215lbs) is going to be coveted on this team. We'd be able to create speed AND size mismatches with our receiver group.

If we end up with two first round picks and decide not to trade back with one of them, then yeah, we're taking a RD1 WR for obvious reasons:

- We're losing Watkins and Robinson

- Hardman will develop, but wasn't a "polished" receiver last year

- We have Mahomes. Throwing the ball is what we do. We need to take advantage of our greatest strength

- This WR class is really strong
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Looks really good to me. I like Akeem Davis-Gaither in the 3rd instead of Brooks but 6/one half-dozen/another.

If they wanted to bolster the interior pass rush, I could see spending a 3rd or 4th round pick on a few guys that look like they’ll be in that range who have some pass rush upside.

Jordan Elliott out of Mizzou and the guy with the unpronounceable last name from aTm both have the raw physical skills to be good interior rushers.

You would also hope that Saunders is able to progress as an interior rusher due to his quickness and power.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #9
Hello

Why do people think Colquitt will retire? Punters play forever.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.