Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 11-13-2019, 10:04 AM  
Life is changing..

Jury Duty

I've been selected for Jury Duty! Hooray!

Is there any way to know if I'll actually have to report besides calling the hotline number the night before?

I ask because I have quite the busy week at work next week, and it would be very beneficial to know if I'm going to need to report or not. (Those nuggets at McDonald's aren't going to fry themselves!!)

My online research has failed me.

Any help appreciated.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am curious. I own my own business, and if I am selected for Jury Duty that went to trial it will literally cost me thousands of dollars in lost business.

If I said,"Since you are costing me thousands, I am going to vote the opposite of the other jurors no matter what.", what would happen to me?
I think In most cases if you have material hardship they’ll excuse you.

Best thing is to go to the court ahead of time and explain rather than drop bombs in the selection.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #32
Politically Incorrect

Call them up and tell them you need to attend a Ku Klux Klan meeting that day and need a note from the court to show you are on jury duty.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am curious. I own my own business, and if I am selected for Jury Duty that went to trial it will literally cost me thousands of dollars in lost business.

If I said,"Since you are costing me thousands, I am going to vote the opposite of the other jurors no matter what.", what would happen to me?
In most places, a financial hardship excuses jurors. Self employment is considered a financial hardship. In some jurisdictions you could contact the jury clerk, advise you are self employed and be excused. In others, you have to go to court and tell the judge, who excuses you. Check with your jury clerk if you’re summoned.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #34
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Call them up and tell them you need to attend a Ku Klux Klan meeting that day and need a note from the court to show you are on jury duty.
Gotta be careful in some areas. In Mississippi, that could possibly be a bonus.

Tell them you got a Black Panther meeting to organize.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #35
Veteran

In the interview process just say that you are a fan of and believe in jury nullification. Immediate dismissal.

edit: I replied before reading the other people who also said this.
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #36
MVP

Tell them you parked your septic tank pumping truck out front and it has seal leak on the tank.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #37
Wasted away again...

I've been summoned for jury duty once in my life. I wasn't selected either.

I probably just jinxed myself.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #38
MVP

Tell them you’re a Chiefs fan. They’ll think your life is ****ed up enough and dismiss you.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #39
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Last time I was called to jury duty, I was actually selected to be in the pre-trial potential juror interview process by the attorneys.

It was a DUI case and the judge said they were going to try to proceed with the trial “through the evening” (it was already almost 5 p.m.)

Not wanting to be stuck in a trial “through the evening”, I made sure to disqualify myself as a potential juror.

When they asked me if I could make an impartial judgement in this DUI case I said no because I love to drink and alcohol is an important part of my life.

I didn’t get selected for the trial so I guess my efforts were successful.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Last time I was called to jury duty, I was actually selected to be in the pre-trial potential juror interview process by the attorneys.

It was a DUI case and the judge said they were going to try to proceed with the trial “through the evening” (it was already almost 5 p.m.)

Not wanting to be stuck in a trial “through the evening”, I made sure to disqualify myself as a potential juror.

When they asked me if I could make an impartial judgement in this DUI case I said no because I love to drink and alcohol is an important part of my life.

Would been really successful if you would of been Otis level drunk when you said it.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #41
Born to Ride

I have never ever received a jury notice!
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
If your luck is anything like mine there will be a notice in your mailbox when you get home.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
Ever registered to vote?
Old 11-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #44
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Tell them you’re a Chiefs fan. They’ll think your life is ****ed up enough and dismiss you.
If you tell them you are a Raider fan, they’ll respond,”See you soon!”
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post

Almost 5pm? Geez, what time did this all start? Our jury pools here start first thing in the morning.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.