Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2019, 11:10 AM  
11-5, baby

Streaming Content from PC to Xbox

Looking to stream 4K movies/shows from my Xbox One X. Plex’s reviews are crap these days.

Any alternatives?
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
Ain't no relax!

Streaming what? Your own content on a network share? Content from the XBox One itself? Or are you wanting a movie/TV pirate source on your Xbox One?
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Streaming what? Your own content on a network share? Content from the XBox One itself? Or are you wanting a movie/TV pirate source on your Xbox One?
“Ripped” files from a network share, yes.

Assume the options are Kodi and Plex.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
“Ripped” files from a network share, yes.

Assume the options are Kodi and Plex.
Yeah, the best options at least. I'd try Kodi. It's great for cross-network streaming.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
MVP

I use Plex to stream my movie collection (over 1,000 movies) to my family and friends. It works great for me and I highly recommend it.

I've used it to stream to other PCs, iPhones, iPads, Xbox systems, Roku, Amazon Fire Sticks, and smart TVs. It works great over the Internet. On a typical night I see 2-3 people streaming content from my Plex server.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
Ain't no relax!

If you want to share your library with more than one or two devices, Plex is the better platform. But it requires a subscription to unlock all the fun stuff. Kodi is free, but will require manual configuration of every device you use.