Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM  
Veteran

Breaking Bad: The Movie

Admittedly, I don’t keep up with pop culture much, but how did I not know that a Breaking Bad movie was coming? I’m also surprised that given its popularity a thread hadn’t already been started.

Here’s a nice summary for all the luddites like me that didn’t know this was coming:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...455959%3famp=1

Hopefully they don’t shit on their legacy.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-12-2019, 07:13 PM   #61
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
The problem with Todd's weight gain was that the scenes that he was in were all flashbacks to the end of season 5. They should have tried to make the characters look as similar to that time period as possible. They did a great job making Jesse look the same (for those scenes, as well as all the other ones).
Totally. In my head canon Todd’s scenes were 6 months before WW’s return from ABQ - and after pizza time with Jesse Uncle Jack and Lydia put Todd on a diet. Which, Todd was okay with because Todd.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:38 AM   #62
Veteran

Thoroughly entertained. Are people really bitching about Todd's weight gain? That seems like a contrarian beef just to be contrarian...
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:16 AM   #63
MVP

Vince Gilligan really really really knows how to build suspense in a scene. He's a ****ing master at making you hold your breath.
jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:59 AM   #64
MFIC

Skyler was a great character, well played by Anna Gunn, but I'm still on the first Mrs. Gadzooks so I couldn't fully comprehend all of the emotions her character implied. (Maybe when I try to move up to Mrs. Gadzooks #2 I'll find out.).
Gus is the character that got to me. I was living that at the time of watching the show. A douche bag trying to make an example out of me. his ending was fantastic until I realized my real life Gustavo was still alive and well...

Last edited by Gadzooks; 10-13-2019 at 02:05 AM..
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #65
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
Vince Gilligan really really really knows how to build suspense in a scene. He's a ****ing master at making you hold your breath.
I had a friend tell me there was no suspense in this movie. I was like, "Are you serious?"
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:26 AM   #66
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
Thoroughly entertained. Are people really bitching about Todd's weight gain? That seems like a contrarian beef just to be contrarian...
You seem to be confusing the meaning of the word 'contrarian' for the word 'critical'.

There's nothing contrarian about it. EVERYONE noticed he was heavier. Pointing it out isn't really going against any prevailing narrative.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #67
Life is changing..

Just finished it this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #68
In Search of a Life

Spoiler!
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #69
Banned

I would've liked if they made it a mini series.. like 5 episodes but I loved the ending for Jessie. It was nice closure.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #70
Banned

Watched it last night. Didn't even notice the aging. Was a fun ride.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #71
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
I would've liked if they made it a mini series.. like 5 episodes but I loved the ending for Jessie. It was nice closure.
Exactly. It was the love letter Breaking Bad fans deserved.

No revelation. Just what you said. Closure. I think we all wanted Jesse to finally, after all this time, get to live the life HE wanted. I mean he did some ****ed up shit, was far from perfect, but he kinda suffered enough.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:38 PM   #72
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
That probably would have been overkill. I don't think the point was to drag out Jessie's redemption. Better call saul, on the other hand, has been worth the slow hand.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:49 AM   #73
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Exactly. It was the love letter Breaking Bad fans deserved.
Well said. I watched it last night to try to get my mind off our beloved football team and it largely worked.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:39 AM   #74
Veteran

Watched it last night. It isn't bad, and I don't think it hurt the show's legacy in any way, but ultimately it was kinda pointless. The few seconds of the kid driving away in the El Camino in BB's last episode was more impactful than the story they told in this two hour movie, imo.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #75
MVP

Fat Damon took me out just a touch, and I am not sure this was necessary, but it was indulgent to dip back into this universe. The cinematography, writing, and direction is so wonderful. I don't understand why Vince Gilligan isn't involved in big budget fare for hollywood.

Spoiler!
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.