Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 03-28-2019, 08:06 AM  
You don't faze me, Gobble.

*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***

Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund

Last edited by Mama Hip Rockets; 03-28-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:24 AM   #106
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Don't think that is exactly fair. It's cold, early in the season and team is tanking on purpose.
Tanking on purpose? I wish they were tanking on purpose and go the route that Houston and Chicago Cubs went, but this isn't that. You don't sign losers like Hamilton, Duda, and Owings if you're tanking on purpose. You trade away Merrifield if you're truly buying into a tank and rebuild.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Tanking on purpose? I wish they were tanking on purpose and go the route that Houston and Chicago Cubs went, but this isn't that. You don't sign losers like Hamilton, Duda, and Owings if you're tanking on purpose. You trade away Merrifield if you're truly buying into a tank and rebuild.
Dude, you want the worst record in baseball...you sign duda, hamilton and Owings. They aren't trying to win this year. They and the Orioles are going to be 1/2 again this year for the top pick. They're going to trade off anything of value at the deadline.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #108
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouth View Post
The Royals have a spot on their 40 man roster which will likely go to Homer Bailey who is scheduled to start Wednesday's game. But, the Royals will have to move someone off the 25 man roster. I've narrowed it down to two; either Barlow or McCarthy could be optioned to Omaha. Any other possibilities?
My guess is Barlow. But who knows. They've done a few unexpected things lately, so they could surprise. McCarthy is definitely an "up/down" to Omaha candidate this year if he can't take the next step and build off last year. I've been disappointed with what I've seen of him thus far. Part of me is just ready to get Ynoa, Lovelady and maybe Newberry and Staumont up and see if the higher quality arms can rise to the occasion. That creates 40 man issues that I'm super doubtful we're ready to address this early.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #109
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Dude, you want the worst record in baseball...you sign duda, hamilton and Owings. They aren't trying to win this year. They and the Orioles are going to be 1/2 again this year for the top pick. They're going to trade off anything of value at the deadline.
I'm not sure what they have that has any value.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:38 AM   #110
MVP

Quote:
I'm not sure what they have that has any value.
True. Most of this trash is here just to get us to the all star break - I think after that you shed all the corpses and start to see some guys like Lopez, Staumont, Lovelady etc.. I think merrifield is a bridge player for us between waves... but the point is that the future of the team is in Wilmington.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #111
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
True. Most of this trash is here just to get us to the all star break - I think after that you shed all the corpses and start to see some guys like Lopez, Staumont, Lovelady etc.. I think merrifield is a bridge player for us between waves... but the point is that the future of the team is in Wilmington.
I don't think Moore has the cajones to trade Merrifield, but we'll see.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #112
War Eagle !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
My guess is Barlow. But who knows. They've done a few unexpected things lately, so they could surprise. McCarthy is definitely an "up/down" to Omaha candidate this year if he can't take the next step and build off last year. I've been disappointed with what I've seen of him thus far. Part of me is just ready to get Ynoa, Lovelady and maybe Newberry and Staumont up and see if the higher quality arms can rise to the occasion. That creates 40 man issues that I'm super doubtful we're ready to address this early.
I love the idea of Lovelady and Ynoa making it before the end of the year. I doubt we'll see them any time soon. I think the Royals are hoping guys like Boxberger, Diekman, and Peralta have a good first half so they can be moved at the deadline. Even Homer Bailey or Duffy could be gone mid year if they have good first halfs. And, if we want to live in fantasy land, we can hope that Ian Kennedy has a great first half in the bullpen and someone will take him and his salary off the Royals hands.
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-01-2019, 07:50 AM   #113
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouth View Post
I love the idea of Lovelady and Ynoa making it before the end of the year. I doubt we'll see them any time soon. I think the Royals are hoping guys like Boxberger, Diekman, and Peralta have a good first half so they can be moved at the deadline. Even Homer Bailey or Duffy could be gone mid year if they have good first halfs. And, if we want to live in fantasy land, we can hope that Ian Kennedy has a great first half in the bullpen and someone will take him and his salary off the Royals hands.
Kennedy as a semi-lockdown back-end arm or closer is really the only possible way we unload that contract. It's a decent strategy, if that's part of the thinking. Of course, we would get nothing more than a lottery ticket in return if we're intent on unloading most of the salary (which we should be). Not sure how many teams will bite on that.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #114
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

You absolutely do add some veterans if you’re in tank/rebuild mode, with an eye on flipping them at the deadline.

The key is not blocking any young players who are MLB ready. Duda does that, Owings does that, if they’re taking ABs away from O’Hearn or Dozier.

They would trade Merrifield if someone pushed forward the right offer, but I don’t believe it came. With the way teams now hoard prospects, it is going to get harder for teams to justify trading players with lots of control just because the window is still several years off.

The lack of success of recent tankers like the White Sox also offers a cautionary tale. What they got for a player very similar to Merrifield has not really impressed.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #115
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #116
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post

Bring back Finnegan!!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #117
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
I wish we lived closer. We’d go all the time. Win or lose, we love the ball park atmosphere. Especially, my kids. We’d probably have some sort of season package.
It’s just great out there. We were behind the 1B dugout when Zimmer came off, really nice ovation. He exhaled very noticeably when he hit the steps.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:06 AM   #118
War Eagle !!!

Boston Red Sox 2019 opening day salary = $225 million.

KC Royals 2019 opening day salary = $100 million.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2019/4/...from-last-year
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #119
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Meh on Finnegan’s return.

He didn’t do a good job staying in shape after his initial debut, he chafed at being relegated to the pen, and his stuff regressed.

He also trash talked the Royals on the way out, then fell flat on his face.

If he’s willing to apologize and accept being a bullpen guy, cool. Would have to show some change to get this front office believing again, though.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #120
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Meh on Finnegan’s return.

He didn’t do a good job staying in shape after his initial debut, he chafed at being relegated to the pen, and his stuff regressed.

He also trash talked the Royals on the way out, then fell flat on his face.

If he’s willing to apologize and accept being a bullpen guy, cool. Would have to show some change to get this front office believing again, though.
This FO usually doesn't take criticism from its players too well. Crow was gone the instant he was remotely critical of the FO (same with players on the shitty teams pre-2013). I'd be a bit surprised if Finny was brought back after getting a lot more critical than Crow was after he was traded - especially since he's let his physical condition slide immediately after the 2014 playoffs.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote