Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2019, 08:06 AM  
You don't faze me, Gobble.

*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***

Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund

Last edited by Mama Hip Rockets; 03-28-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #4096
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I’ve got little issue in a vacuum with bringing Gordon back if it’s a one-year deal.

He IS a good role model in the clubhouse for young players to look up, someone to respect and emulate. He adds some things that pure stats can’t quantify.

But he needs to be used reasonably. Khalil Lee needs to be able to get a look late. Nick Heath probably deserves a look.

Brett Phillips, Bubba Starling and Ryan O’Hearn shouldn’t lose ABs because of his presence.

They shouldn’t sign another placeholder veteran if they bring Gordon back.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #4097
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Narrator: The Royals would go on to sign Hunter Pence
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #4098
World's Best Boss

Quote:
I’ve got little issue in a vacuum with bringing Gordon back if it’s a one-year deal.

He IS a good role model in the clubhouse for young players to look up, someone to respect and emulate. He adds some things that pure stats can’t quantify.

But he needs to be used reasonably. Khalil Lee needs to be able to get a look late. Nick Heath probably deserves a look.

Brett Phillips, Bubba Starling and Ryan O’Hearn shouldn’t lose ABs because of his presence.

I was totally fine with bringing Gordo back with Yost. I worry that Gordo will become a 162 game man now that Matheny is heading the ship..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #4099
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
My wife: "Oh, I like him!"

Said the same thing about Chris Getz, Paulo Orlando, every other likable guy that provided no real value to the team and were eventually released.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #4100
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
While I know this is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, where Pence is concerned, I'm not sure he's going to be playing any more baseball outside of playing for the Rangers. He lives in the area and I think he's finished if it's not playing for the local team.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #4101
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Holy shit, Astros - be more blatant!

Wonder if MLB can strip them of their 2017 title?

Not that matters much
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #4102
Black Bob's daddy

Cal Eldred appears to be staying on as pitching coach. I don't know much about him, but most around here seem to think he's awful. But he's apparently close with Matheny, so he's staying. What an all star staff we're building.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:49 PM   #4103

If Bubba and Brett Phillips can't hit over .200 you can't run them out for 162. There's no way Dayton's going to go for that. If it's not Gordon there's almost surely going to be another veteran outfielder. Someone who can be a safety net if we have three outfielders with a .500 OPS.

Same thing is true with Nicky Lopez. If he can't hit they're going to put Whit at 2nd so you can't put him in LF.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #4104
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

You know, in light of this Astros scandal, I can’t help but think back to the 2015 ALDS and how terrible Ryan Madson was against the Astros.

Makes me think maybe something was up even then. If you’re a FB-CH guy, stealing signs can crush you. Because a changeup in the zone is just a slow two-seamer when you know it’s coming.

I always kind of thought that was why he struggled against the Jays, too.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #4105
MVP

Quote:
You know, in light of this Astros scandal, I can’t help but think back to the 2015 ALDS and how terrible Ryan Madson was against the Astros.

Makes me think maybe something was up even then. If you’re a FB-CH guy, stealing signs can crush you. Because a changeup in the zone is just a slow two-seamer when you know it’s coming.

I always kind of thought that was why he struggled against the Jays, too.
Maybe Correa's error in the 8th was karma coming back to bite him after crushing that HR in the 7th. I can't find game 4 on Youtube anymore but it would be interesting to go back and watch. You would think that would be a huge advantage on Ventura as well if you know the heater is coming and when it's not.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #4106
Hockey Town

I personally don't care to much about this, teams have been stealing signs forever, it is what it is.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:55 AM   #4107
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Maybe Correa's error in the 8th was karma coming back to bite him after crushing that HR in the 7th. I can't find game 4 on Youtube anymore but it would be interesting to go back and watch. You would think that would be a huge advantage on Ventura as well if you know the heater is coming and when it's not.

Yeah. I can’t find full game clips, either. I want to.

The Jays were accused of stealing signs in home games a lot during that era (guy in CF, etc.)

Would explain some of why Madson got destroyed by them at home and also why Cueto was so anxious about signs he ended up tipping the signs himself with the approach he switched to.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #4108
In Search of a Life

Beltran named as one of the guys involved now.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #4109
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I personally don't care to much about this, teams have been stealing signs forever, it is what it is.
For whatever reason, I do have a problem when it's an organized program aided by the use of electronics.

Having a dude sit up there with a high-powered camera while setting up a video monitor in the tunnel to relay signs is a step WELL beyond a runner at 2b altering his lead for an offspeed pitch.

It's super shitty, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #4110
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Sure. Like guys on base watching the catchers for giveaways.

Not sure how I feel when technology is involved like here with the cameras and the smart watch a from a few years ago.

But then in football you have guys studying replays and pictures on the sidelines trying to figure out the opposing defense.

Every sport has its own culture of what is acceptable.