Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2018, 06:33 PM  
oxymoron

Deadwood

Movie's finally filming this fall. No, seriously. They're actually doing it after talking about it for two years.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/again...happening.html
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #46
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
If that's the guy...he sucked in Deadwood. His character in that show was flat and stilted...he didn't convince me. Had they chosen someone else...it would have made the show better. It felt almost soap-opera level...

Compare him to Omar or Stringer Bell from the Wire...

Oh shit...he's the guy in that California Gore Comedy....he's better in that role...submissive, helper-dad.
Uh, that was intentional. Bullock was written as a ridged character and Olyphant absolutely nailed it. It’s not surprising you don’t like the show, you cannot even pick up on its basic constructs.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Uh, that was intentional. Bullock was written as a ridged character and Olyphant absolutely nailed it. It’s not surprising you don’t like the show, you cannot even pick up on its basic constructs.
No...I didn't like it because it wasn't good. Then again Ingmar Bergman is a favorite director...so I'm used to existential dialogue and deeper themes...

Like I said, to each his own but dont pretend that I dont understand character constructs...he was just a shit actor that rivaled daytime television.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:03 PM   #48
Starter

Quote:
No...I didn't like it because it wasn't good. Then again Ingmar Bergman is a favorite director...so I'm used to existential dialogue and deeper themes...

Like I said, to each his own but dont pretend that I dont understand character constructs...he was just a shit actor that rivaled daytime television.
****sucker.
The Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #49
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Spot on. If anything he was a little too “human” in the movie. I still enjoyed it immensely.
The Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Bunk is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #50
Starter

Quote:
Deadwood has to be one of the more over-hyped series in modern history....

I remember when it was airing...and people saying it was better than The Wire. I tried to watch it back then and lost interest...

I recently tried to watch it again with the movie coming out... and thought some of the acting/writing was pretty bad. Who ever played Bullock is a terrible actor...it was decent until Wild Bill died.

Anyway...from shows of that period...The Wire destroyed it....it's not close.
What in the actual ****? He's pretty amazing in Deadwood.
FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.FlintHillsChiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #51
oxymoron

Trying to convince Deadwood fans on a Deadwood thread that Deadwood isn't any good. That right there us what you call a losing proposition.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #52
MVP

Al’s last line was such a win by the writers.....
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:03 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Trying to convince Deadwood fans on a Deadwood thread that Deadwood isn't any good. That right there us what you call a losing proposition.
I'm not trying to be a hater for the sake of stirring shit...I wanted to like it. Its why I gave it another shot after a decade. I was wondering if I missed something that created such a loyal following. I made it further than the first try...around 3 episodes in of season 2. It just lost my attention...again. It felt staged...and fake.

To each, their own....
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:28 PM   #54
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
I loved the series but the movie....eh.
agreed. This was the best they could do after all these years?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #55
It's a league game, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
Spot on. If anything he was a little too “human” in the movie. I still enjoyed it immensely.
Bulluck had a little Raylan Givens from Justified in his performance. Plus at that point in his life he was a little more comfortable with his lot in life.

BlackOp's opinion on this topic sucks cock by choice.
Swanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:21 AM   #56

Just watched. If this needs spoiler tags at this point; why the **** you in here if you haven’t seen it yet? Besides. I don’t think I know how to do that anyways.

Overall, nice to have some closure. Fun watching all the characters again, bit of nostalgia. So overall, I like the movie, and like they did it.

But, like GOT and other recent movie/show/story plots; I’m about god damn sick of “bittersweet” endings. I already know real life sucks sometimes, I don’t need my entertainment to drive that melancholy mantra of a nail in the already bored out hole in my head.

Jon snow should’ve killed the night king and taken the throne with or without Dany, and Al Swearengen should’ve lopped off George Hurst’s nutsack. There was way too much bitter and not enough sweet to this cocksucking show ending.

I did like that Jane finally sacked up, both by going after Stubbs and by using her ****ing gun at the right time......
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #57

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a hater for the sake of stirring ...
Your posts feel fake and staged. I’m falling asleep reading your take for the third time. Wait. Maybe it’s not clear enough. Please do tell us one more time; did you like the cocksucking show?

You Loopie ****.
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:08 AM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoffey View Post
Your posts feel fake and staged. I’m falling asleep reading your take for the third time. Wait. Maybe it’s not clear enough. Please do tell us one more time; did you like the cocksucking show?

You Loopie ****.
Your opinion of my opinion has zero influence...I either like something or I dont.

If you guys got something out of the show...more power to you.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:35 AM   #59
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoffey View Post
Just watched. If this needs spoiler tags at this point; why the **** you in here if you haven’t seen it yet? Besides. I don’t think I know how to do that anyways.

Overall, nice to have some closure. Fun watching all the characters again, bit of nostalgia. So overall, I like the movie, and like they did it.

But, like GOT and other recent movie/show/story plots; I’m about god damn sick of “bittersweet” endings. I already know real life sucks sometimes, I don’t need my entertainment to drive that melancholy mantra of a nail in the already bored out hole in my head.

Jon snow should’ve killed the night king and taken the throne with or without Dany, and Al Swearengen should’ve lopped off George Hurst’s nutsack. There was way too much bitter and not enough sweet to this cocksucking show ending.

I did like that Jane finally sacked up, both by going after Stubbs and by using her ****ing gun at the right time......
Yeah, it was great to see the characters again. Like catching up with old friends. Glad they made it but it could have been a lot better. Ian and the rest of the cast nailed their roles. The story under performed. Shit, I'd watch another movie because I loved the series.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #60

Quote:
Your opinion of my opinion has zero influence...I either like something or I dont.

If you guys got something out of the show...more power to you.
Great to see CP still has a few “I’m rubber, you’re glue” posters.

You said something of an opinion, I responded with a different opinion. Really doesn’t need more opinions after that. But by all means, let me now say, “hey, I got something out of this show, if you didn’t; more power to you!”

Now good day sir.....