Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #91
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
Every time I see this photo it reminds me of the lot lines in Mission Hills Ks. the high rent district in Metro KC, they love foliage along their lot lines. I have surveyed to numerous properties in that area and hate every one of them.

I once was standing on a stone retaining wall locating it along a lot line that abutted Ewing Kauffmans property. A woman cam out screaming and cussing followed by the man Ewing who proceeded to return insults and cussing back. The woman jumped into a light blue Mercedes and peeled wheels down the drive to the street and could hear it racing down the street. Later talking with the caretaker of the property he told us it was the daughter and this was a common occurrence. He said most of the Mission Hill'ers considered the outsiders and new money and that their property was gaudy with the blue awnings.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #92
Cool as a Cucumber

I have been told that adverse possession laws do not have effect within any incorporated city in the state of Kansas. Property lines are set by the platting of the properties and even if a neighbor maintains that property it does not give them legal possession. Of course that was probably 20 years ago.

Can you file a nuisance complaint with the code enforcement office? Not sure how quickly that could get the problem solved or if they are in violation of any code but it's an option.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #93
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
I have been told that adverse possession laws do not have effect within any incorporated city in the state of Kansas. Property lines are set by the platting of the properties and even if a neighbor maintains that property it does not give them legal possession. Of course that was probably 20 years ago.

Can you file a nuisance complaint with the code enforcement office? Not sure how quickly that could get the problem solved or if they are in violation of any code but it's an option.
Adverse possession in Kansas is 15 years and similar to most other states. Honestly its difficult to pull this off in any crowded urban area. If this happens to anyone always kindly let your neighbor know that they are over their boundary. If this doesnt work file Quite Title. This is a a judicial declaration that you own the land, and your neighbor or other encroacher does not. But as always know where your property is and be able to prove it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #94
Shaken. Not stirred.

Long day
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #95
It was not a fair catch

Have the feeling mine is going to put up a white VINYL fence on the property line.
What an ass. Thanks for the feelings of others. Dick.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #96
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Have the feeling mine is going to put up a white VINYL fence on the property line.
What an ass. Thanks for the feelings of others. Dick.
Is this the one with three trailers? What an odd choice of fence.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #97
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Is this the one with three trailers? What an odd choice of fence.
Yup. And I know he will build it so he can get his car hauler in the back yard.
I may have to plant some trees on the prop line to prevent his trailer from ever seeing the back.

the trailer with the 'broken axle' is suddenly gone.

Just want I wanted. Spend 400k on a house to look at a ****ing white vinyl fence from 3/4 of my windows.

Checking city codes to see if it can be prevented
Fences must be at least 5% open for passage of air, light, and drainage.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #98
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Yup. And I know he will build it so he can get his car hauler in the back yard.
I may have to plant some trees on the prop line to prevent his trailer from ever seeing the back.

the trailer with the 'broken axle' is suddenly gone.

Just want I wanted. Spend 400k on a house to look at a ****ing white vinyl fence from 3/4 of my windows.

Checking city codes to see if it can be prevented
Fences must be at least 5% open for passage of air, light, and drainage.
Home owners association?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #99
MVP

Freely admit I didn't read more than a few posts in the thread, but let me get this straight. Your neighbor allows the weeds to grow along a shared fence that you claim is on your property. If it's on your property, why isn't he bitching about you not maintaining the weeds? the **** don't you maintain the weeds and quit bitching about your neighbor?

I'm pretty sure if you told him you would pay for a new fence if you could move it back a few feet and you would either remove or maintain the weeds and bushes, he would probably kiss your ass and thank you removing his headache. Nobody gives a shit about 3 feet of property. He just doesn't want to bust his ass chopping hedge. Nor does he want to pay for a new fence, because that shit's expensive. And I don't blame him.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #100
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
Freely admit I didn't read more than a few posts in the thread, but let me get this straight. Your neighbor allows the weeds to grow along a shared fence that you claim is on your property. If it's on your property, why isn't he bitching about you not maintaining the weeds? the **** don't you maintain the weeds and quit bitching about your neighbor?

I'm pretty sure if you told him you would pay for a new fence if you could move it back a few feet and you would either remove or maintain the weeds and bushes, he would probably kiss your ass and thank you removing his headache. Nobody gives a shit about 3 feet of property. He just doesn't want to bust his ass chopping hedge. Nor does he want to pay for a new fence, because that shit's expensive. And I don't blame him.
You could have stopped your post at your first comma.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I read the OP. I assume from your jackass remark that he has offered to pay for a new fence and mentioned it somewhere in this thread?
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #102
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
I read the OP. I assume from your jackass remark that he has offered to pay for a new fence and mentioned it somewhere in this thread?
Read the ****ing thread, jackass.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Read the ****ing thread, jackass.
Read the thread. I see a lot of shit about eminent domain and hiring surveyors and lawyers and shit, but not a word about offering to pay for a new fence and getting rid of their yard work headache.

So go **** yourself.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #104
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
If you actually read the thread you would know that I don't give two shits about the property line. Because the fence has been there since before I moved in 15 years ago, that ship has sailed a long time ago. All I care about is the neighbors doing their part on their side of the fence.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #105
In my youth i pray to keep

I'm just pissed you used the word "problematic".
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.