Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2019, 04:35 PM  
MVP

Chiefs Mock 3/24/19

Normally I'm not one to suggest trading a future 1st round pick, but I'm more on board with that rather than giving up 2nd rounders this year and possibly next year to get up in this year's draft. Additionally, KC should receive a relatively high 2nd round pick from San Francisco from the Dee Ford exchange. So, with that, the Kansas City Chiefs trade 1st Round Pick #29, 5th Round Pick #167, and 2020 1st Round Pick to the Washington Redskins for 1st Round Pick #15.

1.015 - DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson (6'4" 264)
I think the Chiefs have put themselves in a position on defense where they have to move up and grab a marquee pass rusher. Granted, there are several talented pass rushers in this draft and they could have one land in their laps at 29, but the quality and schematic fit may be a little off. I like Chase Winovich sitting at 29 and I think he'll be there, but he's a better 3-4 fit. All that said, Veach is probably going to lock onto a target and go up and get him. To me, that player is Ferrell. Ferrell has slid a little in the process due to not working out at the combine and other things, but his play on the field is exceptional. This is a guy that generates alot of pressure and can get home to the QB. He's a guy that can line up at RDE and go get it. I think KC has the makings for a solid base rotation at LDE with Speaks and Okafor, but they need more juice on the other side. My money is on having to get up over Carolina if they want this kid, given that's even enough.

2.061 - FS Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida (5'11" 210)
If last year taught me anything, it's that safeties will probably go a little later than I project them. I had Jessie Bates as a late 1 to early 2 and he lasted to the end of 2. Of course, he played like a late 1... That said, I see some talent dropping to the end of 2 at the position again because it's more loaded than a year ago and teams don't put as much of a premium on the position as some others. Gardner-Johnson is a premier fit for what the Chiefs like to do on the back end with a guy that can line up in single-high or drop down over the slot. I don't like him as much as Juan Thornhill or Nasir Adderley as a cover safety, but he's not far off in my opinion and he's an excellent fit and player.

2.063 - OC/G Connor McGovern, Penn State (6'5" 308)
I see the top 3 centers in this draft - Bradbury, McCoy, and Jenkins - all being gone by the time KC picks in round 2 but McGovern is also very talented and can play either guard or center, plus he has that length and size that Reid seems to covet and is built very similarly to Mitch Morse. The most important thing the Chiefs can do is keep Mahomes upright, that I can be on board with. After that, I think fixing the defense comes before giving Mahomes more weapons.

3.092 - CB Michael Jackson Jr., Miami (6'1" 210)
Jackson is a big, physical corner that does a great job of staying in phase with the receiver and making plays on the football. He'll go out and get the interceptions that are there but isn't a huge playmaker. That said, he gets his head around and gets his hands on alot of balls. Jackson is also extremely adept at blitczing from the edge, something we'll probably see from Spagnulo's defense a bit more than we're used to. I think the Chiefs have put themselves in a position where they don't have to go CB right off the get go, but they need a guy by end of day 2 that they can develop for 2020.

6.201 - WR Terry Godwin, Georgia (5'11" 185)
Godwin is a lanky receiver with good quickness and excellent hands. His production lacked at Georgia and he could end up being a better NFL slot than anything he did there. Godwin will have to refine his route running and learn to release from physical corners because he doesn't have the speed to simply beat guys down the field.

6.214 - TE Dawson Knox, Mississippi (6'4" 254)
Underused as a receiver in Ole Miss' offense, Knox has some athletic ability to get down the field and open things up. He has solid hands but needs a bunch of work on the route tree. He's also a solid run blocker which futher's his fit as a natural #2 TE in the NFL.

7.216 - LB Jahlani Tavai, Hawaii (6'2' 250)
Tavai is a thick linebacker with solid athleticsm that will have the opportunity to develop into a SAM linebacker. He doesn't quite have the juice, in my opinion to play the middle, but if you can split his field down he's got enough to be an impact player. He's very good blitzing and using his hands to get off blockers. A relatively heady player that reads the play well and puts himself into position to cut down lanes.

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne, Chase Litton
RB: Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde, Darrel Williams
FB: Anthony Sherman
TE: Travis Kelce, Dawson Knox
WR: Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, Byron Pringle, Terry Godwin, Marcus Kemp, Gehrig Deiter
OT: Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Andrew Wylie (OG)
OG: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Cameron Erving (OC), Ryan Hunter, Khalil McKenzie
OC: Conner Mcgovern, Austin Reiter, Jimmy Murray
DE: Clelin Ferrell, Breeland Speaks, Alex Okafor Tanoh Kpassagnon, Rob McCray
DT: Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Xavier Williams, Justin Hamilton
LB: Anthony Hitchens, Dorian O'Daniel, Damien Wilson, Reggie Ragland, Ben Niemann, Jahlani Tavai
CB: Kendall Fuller, Bashaud Breeland, Charvarius Ward, Michael Jackson, Tremon Smith, D'Montre Wade
FS: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Daniel Sorensen, Eric Murray
SS: Tyrann Mathieu, Armani Watts, Jordan Lucas
ST: Harrison Butker, Dustin Colquitt, James Winchester
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
It's just a ride.

gardner must have smoked a bowl of weed at the combine I didn't hear about ig

i like mj at 3 though
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
gardner must have smoked a bowl of weed at the combine I didn't hear about ig

i like mj at 3 though
I don't see any way CJG jumps Thornhill, Adderley, or Abram and I've seen Savage rising faster than CJG. That said, I'd take any of the lot between Thornhill, Adderley, Abram, Savage, or Thompson that remain at 61 and I can pretty much guarantee one will be if not more. I think Thornhill and Abram are going round 1 because I see Thornhill as the biggest playmaker and most athletic and Abram as the best pure SS that can cover and come downhill like a freight train. That more or less leaves the rest and safeties have fallen in recent years to the late 2nd and 3rd rounds that I'd never have expected to.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I really like this draft and feel that the picks themselves provide KC with the best opportunity to win big in 2019. Hate to give up the 2020 1st, but if they think they can get star player by trading that pick, that’s fine with me because they’re hard to find later in the draft.

Is Ferrell physically gifted enough to be a star pass rusher though? That is the question. He is smart player for sure. And I do think pass rusher will be their #1 priority on draft day given their current depth chart.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

If I'm giving up a 1st I'm getting into the top ten. You don't have to give a first to get to 15
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #6
Banned!

I like the draft but hate the trade.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #7
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I also think there’s a very strong chance that they take a center such as McGovern. Andy doesn’t seem to love having JAG at center. They make like Reiter a lot more than we know but I think he values the position very highly from a mental standpoint.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I don't see any way CJG jumps Thornhill, Adderley, or Abram and I've seen Savage rising faster than CJG. That said, I'd take any of the lot between Thornhill, Adderley, Abram, Savage, or Thompson that remain at 61 and I can pretty much guarantee one will be if not more. I think Thornhill and Abram are going round 1 because I see Thornhill as the biggest playmaker and most athletic and Abram as the best pure SS that can cover and come downhill like a freight train. That more or less leaves the rest and safeties have fallen in recent years to the late 2nd and 3rd rounds that I'd never have expected to.
I really love the player fits you chose for the Chiefs, but as others have said, that trade is really costly. However, Ferrell is an impressive player that could anchor the Chiefs line for a long time.
CG-J is a top 40 pick who I think will go before Adderly and Abram. Adderly’s recent injuries might cause GMs to question his durability, and as impressive as his tape is, he played lesser competition. Abram is only a SS, and no, he can’t really cover.
I think Jackson, Tavai and Knox can all contribute regardless of their draft slot.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
If I'm giving up a 1st I'm getting into the top ten. You don't have to give a first to get to 15
Saints needed a 1st and 5th to go from 27 to 14 for Davenport last year. That's my benchmark.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:08 PM   #10
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I also think there’s a very strong chance that they take a center such as McGovern. Andy doesn’t seem to love having JAG at center. They make like Reiter a lot more than we know but I think he values the position very highly from a mental standpoint.
If they think the future of pass rushing is up the middle, it would also stand to reason that they would value pass protection up the middle.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:28 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

Zero chance i'm trading next years first.

This team needs some cheap talent for a few years. Just gonna have to get lucky.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Zero chance i'm trading next years first.

This team needs some cheap talent for a few years. Just gonna have to get lucky.
Yep.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:50 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

I can't get on board with going aggressively after Ferrell, but later picks are looking better.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #14
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Saints needed a 1st and 5th to go from 27 to 14 for Davenport last year. That's my benchmark.
They were very desperate and overpaid though.

I like this scenario. Fits well with the points compensation..

High teens picks (we’ll say 17)

Chiefs give up 2020 2nd, 2020 5th and switch one of our 2nd rd picks with their 3rd.

Their mid 3rd would become a late 2nd.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #15
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.