Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2019, 07:54 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Ancestry and DNA Thread***

I sent in the DNA to 24 and me a couple of years ago. I didn't have any ticking genetic time bombs like the Alzheimer gene so I posted it publicly. People contacted me and I found out stuff real quick.

I recently spent some time to trace my roots on Ancestry.com. Found some interesting stuff. Probably others have too. Get your share on in here.

I'm 85% British/15% Irish/Scotish. Gentically, like every other human being ever born with Red hair and blue eyes, I come from Doggerland. Use to be the land mass connecting England to Europe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerland

My ancestors came here as rich British military officers. Had great wealth in NY, bought huge tracks of land in what is now the Bronx, My 7th GG dies and my 6th great grandfather inherited the wealth. He joined the revolution in 1775. The British took all his wealth, burned his farms when he signed the Declaration of Independence. Served as the General of the NY militia during the war. http://www.ushistory.org/declaration.../morris_l.html

My 4th GG moved to Tennessee in 1830 as a southern Baptist preacher. His son moved to green county Missouri in 1850 to be a southern baptist preacher. And thats where they stayed. Many remained preachers, even today. All sided with the Union.Since we left NY, my ancestors were mainly poor man of God preachers, drunks or killers. Not much middle ground. But, at least there was no slave owners.

What interesting stuff did you find out?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #16
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Which stuff?
For what? Its all a genetic lottery we have nothing to do with. Losing 100lbs, that's on me. But, I'm also the one who put the extra lbs.on.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ine-dna-tests/

Quote:
For deeper family roots, these tests do not really tell you where your ancestors came from. They say where DNA like yours can be found on Earth today. By inference, we are to assume that significant proportions of our deep family came from those places. But to say that you are 20 percent Irish, 4 percent Native American or 12 percent Scandinavian is fun, trivial and has very little scientific meaning. We all have thousands of ancestors, and our family trees become matted webs as we go back in time, which means that before long, our ancestors become everyone’s ancestors. Humankind is fascinatingly closely related, and DNA will tell you little about your culture, history and identity.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Sure when you start breaking it down into your 10% this/4% that etc. sure there is room for error. In my case, I have a very specific gene that makes the red hair/blue eyes combination. They have found and dug up my ancestor clan members. Same gene as me. But....... because its so specific, I know. Most don't get that clear of a trace back to when Neanderthals and Human beings started ****ing each other.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #18
Settle this once and forever

I did mine through AncestryDNA for fun. It turned up pretty much half parts of northwest Europe and the other half western and central Africa. It even correctly guessed my 'family history' with the European side having settled in America in the Ohio river valley and the African side in Virginia and the Carolinas.

A good friend of mine found three siblings on Ancestry as well, so there's clearly some use for the information they glean from your DNA.. but, yeah, the whole 'I'm __% Swedish and __% Southeast Asian' is probably largely bullshit.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #19
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Years from now a mysterious fine shows up addressed for you

When you begin to look into the issue you will find out that ancestry.com has shared your dna profile with the authorities who used it to match you to a disposable cup they found on the highway. This cup had been blown out the window when speeding down the highway in the hellcat but the authorities could never know it was an accident. They picked up the litter and extracted trace dna which was then used to match your ancestry.com dns profile

The future is gonna suck, thanks dna testing
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Years from now a mysterious fine shows up addressed for you

When you begin to look into the issue you will find out that ancestry.com has shared your dna profile with the authorities who used it to match you to a disposable cup they found on the highway. This cup had been blown out the window when speeding down the highway in the hellcat but the authorities could never know it was an accident. They picked up the litter and extracted trace dna which was then used to match your ancestry.com dns profile

The future is gonna suck, thanks dna testing
Tom Cruise already kicked in my front door two weeks prior because the Precogs saw me littering before I even bought the coffee.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Tom Cruise already kicked in my front door two weeks prior because the Precogs saw me littering before I even bought the coffee.
You get an autograph?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #22
MVP

Why would you send your saliva in to the internet?
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #23
Curmudgeon

I pretty much knew my family history as there were family Bibles and DAR/SAR memberships. Most were Norman French Huguenots that had to hide out in Belgium and Germanic states until the late 1600s and early 1700s and landed around Philadelphia and a small group in North Carolina. We did pick up some Scots and Irish along the way moving west with land bounties. I even found a couple books that documented some of the family exploits over the years, including a many times grandfather of my grandmother that spent a few months with Andrew Jackson as a guest of the *#&^@ Brits in Charleston. Another family all got kicked out of the Quaker Church, so they just said screw it, we'll just be Methodists. The newcomers were my great-grandmother's family that came from Alsace in the mid 1860s. She lived to be 107 and we lived in the same small town for many years, so she had some great stories about Kansas City. She was the first of her family to be born in the US. So far I've found I'm descended from 11 Revolutionary War soldiers, including one with my surname.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:34 AM   #24
Future NBA Finals MVP

I got an Ancestry kit from my mom for my birthday. Will be interesting what it comes back compared to what my family has always said that we are.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #25
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. way too much time spent in late night exploring the family leafs. We white guys if we can get back to England will find we are the ancestors of Kings or Lords. Mainly because they were the ones documenting christenings, marriages, wills etc. that prove they get to keep their wealth and privileged lives. Farthest I've got back was 1122.
That's me. I'm in the Edwards family tree that traces back to the first illegitimate son of King Henry VIII.

I also found my Mom's half sister and her family in Seattle. I reached out, but no response. Their loss.

My paternal line is almost all Swedish/Viking, so that's been fun to play around with. I mostly started this because I really had no idea how my family (both sides) ended up in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Lots of incorrect information along the way, but I also found a ton of information that hadn't been captured previously. I'm the only one in my family that even gives a shit about their heritage, but the information is there in case someone wants it.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #26
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I pretty much knew my family history as there were family Bibles and DAR/SAR memberships. Most were Norman French Huguenots that had to hide out in Belgium and Germanic states until the late 1600s and early 1700s and landed around Philadelphia and a small group in North Carolina. We did pick up some Scots and Irish along the way moving west with land bounties. I even found a couple books that documented some of the family exploits over the years, including a many times grandfather of my grandmother that spent a few months with Andrew Jackson as a guest of the *#&^@ Brits in Charleston. Another family all got kicked out of the Quaker Church, so they just said screw it, we'll just be Methodists. The newcomers were my great-grandmother's family that came from Alsace in the mid 1860s. She lived to be 107 and we lived in the same small town for many years, so she had some great stories about Kansas City. She was the first of her family to be born in the US. So far I've found I'm descended from 11 Revolutionary War soldiers, including one with my surname.
That's really cool. Yeah, I have some similarities there too. My 13th GG was a co-founder of Stonington, CT and his family/descendents fought in the Revolutionary War. A 4th cousin was killed at the Battle of Big Horn, stuff like that.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #27
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I got an Ancestry kit from my mom for my birthday. Will be interesting what it comes back compared to what my family has always said that we are.
Yeah, it's pretty cool, but always verify the information independently if you can. When I started out doing this pre-internet, it was tough to verify facts.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #28
The Demon Preacher

I'm related to Thomas "Mother****ing" Jefferson

Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #29
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
I'm related to Thomas "Mother****ing" Jefferson

Old 03-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #30

***Official Ancestry and DNA Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post

That’s sort of what I was interested in seeing.

My mom’s mom always said she was a mix of German and Irish, while my mom’s dad was supposedly Italian. He used to claim his family invented the pizza lol

My results showed practically nothing as far as Italy is concerned, which is weird as shit because during the summer my mom, one of her sisters, and my grandfather would turn a pretty solid brown. In fact, I’m solid brown-skinned and people used to rant about how much I looked like my grandfather when I was growing up.

Just take it for what it is- a little bit of fun- and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.