Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 03-16-2019, 02:54 PM  
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding

https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #16
Starter

Lots of back roads in central Nebraska under water. I watched a drone video of the Elkhorn being real angry, parts of US 275 and others in the area may need to be completely rebuilt.

It sounds like my favorite truck stop at exit 10 in Iowa is going to be flooded again.
My heart goes out to all those affected.
bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #17
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymitch View Post
Lots of back roads in central Nebraska under water. I watched a drone video of the Elkhorn being real angry, parts of US 275 and others in the area may need to be completely rebuilt.

It sounds like my favorite truck stop at exit 10 in Iowa is going to be flooded again.
My heart goes out to all those affected.
Sapp Brothers? I know that Wendy's there took forever to reopen after the 2011 floods.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #18
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Damn, is this worse than 2011? My band played NZoners May Fest in St. Joe that year and had to drive down on 29 from Omaha. It wasn't close, but the water was everywhere...

I live in Papillion, and the creek is high, but no real flooding around me, I've been able to get around. I actually need to go into Glennwood today (across the river) and I guess I'll have to take hwy 275 south instead of I29...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #19
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Damn, is this worse than 2011? My band played NZoners May Fest in St. Joe that year and had to drive down on 29 from Omaha. It wasn't close, but the water was everywhere...
The Chiefs game we went to in September we had to detour around Rock Port because I-29 was closed off
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #20
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc rush View Post
Sapp Brothers? I know that Wendy's there took forever to reopen after the 2011 floods.
Yep. They had a great restaurant, but then my last trip through there was in 2007.
bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.bobbymitch would the whole thing.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:57 AM   #21
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Releases from Gavins Point Dam were reduced to 73,000 cubic feet per second (cfs) Saturday morning, March 16 and will reduced over the coming days reaching 20,000 cfs on Tuesday, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced today. According to the National Weather Service, tributary flows into Gavins Point Dam, primarily from the Niobrara River have dropped significantly over the past 48 hours.

The current Gavins Point release schedule is:

63,000 cfs Saturday evening
53,000 cfs Sunday morning
43,000 cfs Sunday evening
33,000 cfs Monday morning
23,000 cfs Monday evening
20,000 cfs Tuesday morning

More at link
https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/Media...flows-decline/
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #22
Ain't no relax!

Lots of calves lost.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #23
Supporter

That is the shit nightmares are made of.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #24
Supporter

My cousin is a spray pilot in Wahoo NE and apparently they wanted ash spread over the rivers to promote thawing.

Well I guess it worked and he thinks that’s a big reason the ice chunks broke loose and waxed all the bridges when the rains came. I don’t know how much it had to do with it but he says it’s pretty horrifying.

The big thing is logistically everything is a nightmare.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #25
Be Kind To Your Pets

Really sad to lose livestock to floods. What a giant mess. I hope Agent Orange doesn't show up, sign a few bibles and leave. That helps nothing.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 5     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #26
Veteran

Damned if he does, damned if he don't. If he doesn't show people will say he doesn't give a shit, if he does people like you says it doesn't help. I honestly don't understand the hatred. You may not agree with his politics but every president before him has went to national disasters big and small to show support and empathy from the whole country and pledge assistance.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #27
Veteran

Damned if he does, damned if he don't. If he doesn't show people will say he doesn't give a shit, if he does people like you says it doesn't help. I honestly don't understand the hatred. You may not agree with his politics but every president before him has went to national disasters big and small to show support and empathy from the whole country and pledge assistance.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #28
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Really sad to lose livestock to floods. What a giant mess. I hope Agent Orange doesn't show up, sign a few bibles and leave. That helps nothing.
Please don't infect this thread. Thanks.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:04 AM   #29
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Wow that looks bad. Best of luck and stay safe.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #30
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
Crazy.
I am currently locked in at my house from a flooding on the Cedar River in Iowa. All predictions are way off and levels are suddenly spiking because of ice jams.
Been through a lot of floods and this one is freaking me out.
Hearing loud booms, hoping its not ice coming my way.
The booms you hear could be levees getting dynamited.

I was in NWMO this weekend for my stepbrother's funeral and talked with a lot of family friends about their farms. My farms are up in the bluffs so for once I am happy to have the lower valued land.

Some of our friends lost equipment, but it was hard to have sympathy for them since they have known for a few weeks that this was likely, and then they were given a 2-day notice of forced evac, but they still waited until the last day to try and move shit. Knowing one family's history leads me to think this is a great way for them to get a fat insurance check and some new equipment. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 03-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #31
Blah Blah Blah

Got an email from our Lincoln office that the city is under a water use restriction. Nothing from our Omaha office so far.

Businesses need to reduce water use by 25% while residents need to cut use to 50%. Restaurants are only supposed to serve water upon request and use disposable place settings to reduce dish washing. Lawn watering and car washing is prohibited.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.