Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 AM  
It's just a ride.

Would you guys chance our 2nd round pick on CB David Long

4.45 40-yard dash
39.5" vertical jump
10' broad jump
3.97 short shuttle
6.45 3-cone

The combine stats scream yes but a lot of scouts seem to think he has size limitations and he'll be relegated to a slot corner.

Do you chance a kid like this with Fuller already being a good slot option?
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

Nope. we need an outside corner.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Most Valuable Villain

DJ said it another thread. If his measurables are that off the chart.....then why the **** was he not well known at a program like Michigan?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #4
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Nope. we need an outside corner.
I just don't get why people are saying he's too undersized to play the boundary. He played it a decent amount at Michigan. He has the same vertical, height, and arm length as Murphy so anyone who considers Murphy an outside corner can't tell me this kid should be relegated to the slot.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
DJ said it another thread. If his measurables are that off the chart.....then why the **** was he not well known at a program like Michigan?
Murphy was targeted a TON. Greedy got something like 60 targets from what I can recall during his freshman year.

I think Long was just barely targeted which lead many to look past him. Plus he doesn't have the splash plays the other guys do because of less targets. Greedy had like 6 picks his freshman year, Murphy 4 this year.

I don't really know why - I guess it's the same reason Kamara went in the 3rd round? All I know is this guy can play press man better than Greedy and Baker yet he's somehow getting drop kicked into the 3rd round.

We have got to take a flyer on this kid in the 2nd, there's way too much potential IMO.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #6
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
Murphy was targeted a TON. Greedy got something like 60 targets from what I can recall during his freshman year.

I think Long was just barely targeted which lead many to look past him. Plus he doesn't have the splash plays the other guys do because of less targets. Greedy had like 6 picks his freshman year, Murphy 4 this year.

I don't really know why - I guess it's the same reason Kamara went in the 3rd round? All I know is this guy can play press man better than Greedy and Baker yet he's somehow getting drop kicked into the 3rd round.

We have got to take a flyer on this kid in the 2nd, there's way too much potential IMO.
Even better if we can take him in the third!!
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

I would.

I kind of like the idea of not necessarily having guys locked as inside or outside guys.

Just take a bunch of athletes that can play everywhere.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
I just don't get why people are saying he's too undersized to play the boundary. He played it a decent amount at Michigan. He has the same vertical, height, and arm length as Murphy so anyone who considers Murphy an outside corner can't tell me this kid should be relegated to the slot.
Yeah he measured at 5'11''; his size shouldn't take him off the outside.

It's his production that worries me. But then again, I'm high on Justin Layne and nobody else really is so I'm not terribly consistent in this regard.

I just see a guy with too much athleticism to justify being a near non-factor in Michigan. I know it's not entirely fair but you still just can't help but take pause.

My board would have to be in pretty rough shape to grab him in the 2nd. Though if the Chiefs took him over a couple of guys that I may like more, it wouldn't be egregious enough for me to be angry about the pick. It's just probably not the route I'd have taken.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:52 AM   #9
In Search of a Life

Thing is though, with that athleticism, had he been productive he's probably what atleast a first rounder.

I would take a risk on coaching him up or putting him in a situation to use that better than they did at UM.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #10
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Thing is though, with that athleticism, had he been productive he's probably what atleast a first rounder.

I would take a risk on coaching him up or putting him in a situation to use that better than they did at UM.
That's fair.

Like I said, this is weird because had he done worse I'd actually be less concerned. I mean he !@#$ing smoked the combine tests. His athleticism plays like a guy that shouldn't have just been a 1st round pick, but the first CB off the board.

Yet...he was, at best, a 3rd rounder based on the tape.

And this is weird coming from an unabashed measurables whore such as myself. But if the contrasts would've been less extreme, I'd be more apt to consider him a coachability candidate. And there's the fact that Michigan isn't exactly run by rubes, especially from the defensive side of the house.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's fair.

Like I said, this is weird because had he done worse I'd actually be less concerned. I mean he !@#$ing smoked the combine tests. His athleticism plays like a guy that shouldn't have just been a 1st round pick, but the first CB off the board.

Yet...he was, at best, a 3rd rounder based on the tape.

And this is weird coming from an unabashed measurables whore such as myself. But if the contrasts would've been less extreme, I'd be more apt to consider him a coachability candidate. And there's the fact that Michigan isn't exactly run by rubes, especially from the defensive side of the house.
Yeah, that's my issue. Michigan has basically a defensive staff and system on that side.

That's not ideal.

Another thing with him is that with those measurables, he can play STs right away. That's not a big deal, but it would matter to me.

2nd round may be a little early, but it comes back to another "2nd is too early but he won't be there at the end of the 3rd" situations. Plus our 2nds are basically the top of the 3rd anyway.