Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 02-28-2019, 09:39 PM  
Banned!

Behind the Curve: Netflix Flat-Earther Doc

It digs into the flat-earth community and gives the viewer a taste of conspiracy theory nutjobs.

I thought it was really interesting, if for no other reason than the inside look at conspiracy theorists. Anyone else watch it?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #76
Supporter

Direck pretending that discussion of the corruption occasioned by climate science alarmism is conspiracy not science, and therefore derogated rhetoric.

Pretending that the argument is purely about existence or nonexistence of human impacy.

The issues are gravity, immediacy, and the form of solutions.

The arguments use the ambiguity of the concept of 'consensus of human impact' to Trojan Horse the vast slate of authoritarian solutions.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #77
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Direck pretending that discussion of the corruption occasioned by climate science alarmism is conspiracy not science, and therefore derogated rhetoric.

Pretending that the argument is purely about existence or nonexistence of human impacy.

The issues are gravity, immediacy, and the form of solutions.

The arguments use the ambiguity of the concept of 'consensus of human impact' to Trojan Horse the vast slate of authoritarian solutions.
Pointing out corruption is fine, and supported. I alluded to that in my recent post to htismaqe that these are legitimate and oftentimes important things to bring up.

But it ain't science.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #78
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Pointing out corruption is fine, and supported. I alluded to that in my recent post to htismaqe that these are legitimate and oftentimes important things to bring up.

But it ain't science.
Neither is federal policy.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #79
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I have a tendency to neither agree nor disagree with a model based on actual data collected over .00000000000000000001% of the Earth’s history.

That’s not being a conspiracy theorist or a blind believer. That’s thinking like a normal human being.
If the ****ers came out and said "sea levels will rise by X feet by Y year," and it actually happened, I'd believe them.

But no, they're like the whore who swears she'll never cheat on you again, and then next week you catch her ****ing the mailman. And of course, after that, she'll never cheat on you again.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #80
__

Quote:
Neither is federal policy.
Rrrrrrrrrright?

And if that's all htis is arguing -- that the policies we have for the workers he references are poor, then fine.

I don't think that's what he's arguing. I think he's arguing climate change is a hoax.

But I'll let him speak for himself.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #81
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Rrrrrrrrrright?

And if that's all htis is arguing -- that the policies we have for the workers he references are poor, then fine.

I don't think that's what he's arguing. I think he's arguing climate change is a hoax.

But I'll let him speak for himself.
The proclamation that the future of the climate demands urgent massive mandatory government action is the hoax. You can pretend it's a purely scientific inquiry, but it's beneath even you.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #82
__

Quote:
The proclamation that the future of the climate demands urgent massive mandatory government action is the hoax. You can pretend it's a purely scientific inquiry, but it's beneath even you.
Doing something about climate change isn't purely scientific, because scientists don't have the levers of power to exact change.

That's beside the point of my original discussion with htismaqe, however.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #83
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Defleckshun hates me and is too much of a pussy to ever respond to any of my posts, but for the benefit of everybody else who reads his drivel, or any of the other SCIENCE! fanbois, note that none of them responded to this:

With apologies to Defleckshun and every other brainwashed leftist imbecile out there, I don't believe these people BECAUSE THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN WRONG. First it was a new ice age. Then it was global warming. Now it's climate change, because they keep getting drilled in the ass by trying to pin down extremes. So "climate change," much like Defleckshun on date night, can go either way.

When some quack predicted that the ice cap would melt a decade ago, but it didn't, is that SCIENCE?
Since you're going to double down, I'll respond.

You say the climate has always changed. Well how exactly do you claim to know that? It's because you're using the same science that you claim is bunk, to try and prove this other science in bunk. This happens frequently with climate change denial. Simultaneous claims that we can't know the climate in the distant past, supported by claims that it's proven that climate has changed in the distant past.

The Sahara was once lush and fertile. Yes, that's true. It's an example of how drastically climate can change over time. Deniers will also use lines like this, without understanding that the Sahara is proof that climate can be unstable and completely change from fertile to barren.

Regarding claims that ice caps would melt, and the world would flood. Can you list any of the sources of those quotes? Of course you can't, because that doesn't matter to you. Do you know the number of scientists who predicted the end of the world, compared to the number of scientists who support climate change but refrain from fear mongering sensationalism? No you don't, because you only care about the individual opinion that you agree with and you choose to ignore the overwhelming consensus. If you actually looked into the subject, you'd find that your talking points all came from moron politicians with no understanding of the science. How about that claim that ice caps would melt? Did you know that you've gotten that one wrong in multiple ways? First, it wasn't a scientist who said it. It was Al Gore. Second, he didn't even say they'd melt completely he was only talking about summer melt. I challenge you to find a single actual climate scientist who made such claims.

You claim that scientists are heavily compensated shills. OK, then who's paying them? Have you thought about that at all? Where's that magical money coming from and how are they making their millions? Are they making money by taxing people or businesses with carbon taxes? Nope. Are there huge climate change corporations reporting record profits? Nope. So where's all this slush money coming from? The government? Nope. Funding for climate change study has actually decreased over the last decade. As well as government subsidies for it. As this shows, renewable energy subsidies have been declining for over a decade:

So tell me who's making these magical profits from climate change? Can you name a single climate change scientist who's a millionaire? A single one?
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #84
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Which scientists have made that claim? Can you name them?
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #85
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Ah, the clown prince of junk science never disappoints.

Do I know who these pricks are, or how much they make? Am I supposed to subpoena their bank records? Determine how many vacation homes they own? Sorry, but I've got better things to do, like any of them, then step and fetch for your silly ass.

But according to you, none of these people make any money. Gee, that's unfortunate. Tenured professors at major universities - there's an impoverished bunch. God, I feel for them, driving 20 year old Saturns and eating Ramen noodles every night. It's a travesty. And those poor deeply entrenched government researchers - yeah, they operate at the poverty level as well. Such a shame that nobody whose work is paid for and mandated by the government earns any cash these days. All those bread lines and soup kitchens in Northern Virginia. It just breaks the heart.

State universities and the government. Gee, I wonder who pays for that? [Looks at wallet, not nearly as much "magical money" there as there should be]

Here's a fun little link for you. http://www.aei.org/publication/18-sp...ore-this-year/

I guess that's all crap, right? Maybe I'll check later to see if the author will release his last five tax returns for your perusal. And I could probably dig those up all night, but again, what's the point? You believe as you're told.

One thing we are in agreement on, it seems, is idiot politicians. Heard of the New Green Deal? I wonder how long it will be until AOC gets a humble estate next door to Al Gore? Then again, maybe they're not idiots after all. Just the people who enable them.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #86
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Ah, the clown prince of junk science never disappoints.

Do I know who these pricks are, or how much they make? Am I supposed to subpoena their bank records? Determine how many vacation homes they own? Sorry, but I've got better things to do, like any of them, then step and fetch for your silly ass.

But according to you, none of these people make any money. Gee, that's unfortunate. Tenured professors at major universities - there's an impoverished bunch. God, I feel for them, driving 20 year old Saturns and eating Ramen noodles every night. It's a travesty. And those poor deeply entrenched government researchers - yeah, they operate at the poverty level as well. Such a shame that nobody whose work is paid for and mandated by the government earns any cash these days. All those bread lines and soup kitchens in Northern Virginia. It just breaks the heart.

State universities and the government. Gee, I wonder who pays for that? [Looks at wallet, not nearly as much "magical money" there as there should be]

Here's a fun little link for you. http://www.aei.org/publication/18-sp...ore-this-year/

I guess that's all crap, right? Maybe I'll check later to see if the author will release his last five tax returns for your perusal. And I could probably dig those up all night, but again, what's the point? You believe as you're told.

One thing we are in agreement on, it seems, is idiot politicians. Heard of the New Green Deal? I wonder how long it will be until AOC gets a humble estate next door to Al Gore? Then again, maybe they're not idiots after all. Just the people who enable them.
A group of tenured professors driving 20 year old Saturns are running a billion dollar a year global scam. The proof is failed predictions from Earth day 1970.

OK then.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #87
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

And don't forget the cow farts!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #88
Banned

Princess Frazod is such an insufferable POS
Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #89
Banned

Look at that bundled up pillowbiter

go back to your Taps avatard, you dumb muppet

Last edited by Bowser; 03-08-2019 at 08:41 AM..
Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rivaldo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:27 PM   #90
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Oh no, I made Revolto cry!

Quick, pop in Steel Magnolias and play a boy band in the background! It'll be okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.