Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2019, 07:59 PM  
Mahomes Dynasty

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Draft Simulator

This has been brought up the past few years. A fun draft simulator if you're bored and want to kill time.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

*Note*
Depending on which big board and team needs/rankings list you use, some of these players end up falling big time, which in real life probably won't be the case. So take it with a grain of salt, but really it's all for fun.

Enjoy, and post your results in the thread if you wish

Here's my KC draft. (I usually use the board that's most recently updated - today it was the "NFL Mock" board w/ "classic" difficulty level).

If this happened I'd probably wet myself.

1.CB-DeAnder Baker, Georgia
2.WR-Deebo Samuel, S.Carolina
2.LB-Devin Bush, Michigan
3.CB-Trayvon Mullen, Clemson
5.RB-Darrell Henderson, Memphis
6.DE-Charles Omenihu, Texas
6.WR-Hakeen Butler, IowaSt
7.S-Mike Edwards, Kentucky (a Matt House pick)
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
NFL teams are stubborn and slow to change. While emulation will certainly happen, it won't happen all at once.

I mean look at Elway in Denver. He thinks he can beat the Chiefs with defense, a running game, and Joe freaking Flacco.
oh he's gonna be drafting a QB, I'm pretty sure of it. He's looking at Flacco as his Alex Smith. He's probably looking at Lock as his Mahomes.

It's a copycat league. This is the new blueprint.

But you have to actually have the pieces in place; you can't just run the play.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #47
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
oh he's gonna be drafting a QB, I'm pretty sure of it. He's looking at Flacco as his Alex Smith. He's probably looking at Lock as his Mahomes.

It's a copycat league. This is the new blueprint.

But you have to actually have the pieces in place; you can't just run the play.
And when he drafts a CB or another pass rusher?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:11 AM   #48
Veteran

Worth a go at NFL Big Board - Aggregate (2/20), Needs Fanspeak Steve and Difficult algorithm.

This one leads to tough decisions in my opinion, the top 3 corners go fast and then the 2nd tier round of guys are slotted to go before your 2nd round picks come up.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #49
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Worth a go at NFL Big Board - Aggregate (2/20), Needs Fanspeak Steve and Difficult algorithm.

This one leads to tough decisions in my opinion, the top 3 corners go fast and then the 2nd tier round of guys are slotted to go before your 2nd round picks come up.
NFL Big Board has Kristian Fulton on it and he stayed at LSU. Haven't looked for anything else, just happened to notice that.

Using your setting:

1.29 -- TJ Hockenson
2.29 -- Devin Bush
2.31 -- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
3.28 -- Erik McCoy, C - Texas A&M
5.29 -- Khalil Hodge, LB - Buffalo

That's a pretty good haul though CB is notably absent. With that 'difficult' algorithm turned on I think it targets your team needs right before you go. I took Gardner Johnson at 2.31 because there were 4-5 similarly situated CBs and I figured at least one of them would slip to the 3rd; they all flew off the board in the handful of picks right before mine.

McCoy would be a solid get there, though - I'd be surprised if he fell that far. Hodge is a bit redundant after the Bush pick but I think he's a potential starter and in the 5th round I'll gamble on the talent and see if there's a home for him somewhere.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #50
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

My less aggressive, more 'sensible' stab at it:

1.29 -- Nasir Adderley
2.29 -- Mack Wilson
2.31 -- Rock Ya-Sin (Julian Love went right after Wilson and before Sin)
3.29 -- Elgton Jenkins, C - MSU
5.29 -- Terry Beckner Jr

I like the talent I accumulated in my first effort better and by a fair amount. I focused exclusively on taking the player I thought had the most upside regardless of position in that draft. In the 2nd effort I did a more balanced, conventional 'need as part of BPA' analysis and I think I ended up with a worse draft for it. The major pivot point would be that 5th rounder where Beckner fell in draft 2 but not draft 1; I think that's just an algorithm fluke more than anything.

But admittedly, in Draft 2 I walk away with a need at TE2 and little else. That said, Josh Oliver fell to the early 5th and in this same scenario, if Oliver's there in the 5th, I'm trading up to get him rather than sitting back. And even if I couldn't get that done, the need I still have coming out of this draft is a lot cheaper and easier to take care of in FA than my need in draft 1 (where I obviously now have to get a FA corner).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #51
Most Valuable Villain

1.29 - Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
2.29 - D’Andre Walker, LB, Georgia
2.31 - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
3.29 - Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #52
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
My less aggressive, more 'sensible' stab at it:

1.29 -- Nasir Adderley
2.29 -- Mack Wilson
2.31 -- Rock Ya-Sin (Julian Love went right after Wilson and before Sin)
3.29 -- Elgton Jenkins, C - MSU
5.29 -- Terry Beckner Jr

I like the talent I accumulated in my first effort better and by a fair amount. I focused exclusively on taking the player I thought had the most upside regardless of position in that draft. In the 2nd effort I did a more balanced, conventional 'need as part of BPA' analysis and I think I ended up with a worse draft for it. The major pivot point would be that 5th rounder where Beckner fell in draft 2 but not draft 1; I think that's just an algorithm fluke more than anything.

But admittedly, in Draft 2 I walk away with a need at TE2 and little else. That said, Josh Oliver fell to the early 5th and in this same scenario, if Oliver's there in the 5th, I'm trading up to get him rather than sitting back. And even if I couldn't get that done, the need I still have coming out of this draft is a lot cheaper and easier to take care of in FA than my need in draft 1 (where I obviously now have to get a FA corner).
I don't know what you're on about, this is a SOLID draft.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #53
MVP

Not one person took Justice Hill late?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #54
Prestige Worldwide

Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:21 PM   #55
MVP

LOL at this one:
Fanspeak most recent Big Board, User voted needs, “Difficult”

29: R1P29
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

61: R2P29
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE

63: R2P31
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

92: R3P28
C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M

167: R5P29
S DARNELL SAVAGE
MARYLAND

201: R6P28
RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS
TEXAS A&M

214: R6P41
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

216: R7P2
EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #56
Admitted Planet Junky

CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
S NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
CB JORDAN MILLER
WASHINGTON
DL TRYSTEN HILL
UCF
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS
LB GERRI GREEN
MISS. STATE
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #57
Prestige Worldwide

Damn Nasir dropped in that one.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:46 AM   #58
Starter

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
RB DARRELL HENDERSON
MEMPHIS
EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU
DL KINGSLEY KEKE
TEXAS A&M
CB IMAN MARSHALL
USC
OT MARCUS NORMAN
SOUTH FLORIDA
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #59
"You like to drink?"

Accidentally accepted a trade out of the first so decided to have fun with it:

Your score is: 29215 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 17 (CLE): Rapp, Taylor, SS, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (DAL): Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31: Gardner-Johnson, Chauncey, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1 (ARI): Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (G.B.): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Gaines, Greg, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 6 Pick 41 (COMP): Allison, Jeff, ILB, Fresno State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #60
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Accidentally accepted a trade out of the first so decided to have fun with it:

Your score is: 29215 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 17 (CLE): Rapp, Taylor, SS, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (DAL): Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31: Gardner-Johnson, Chauncey, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1 (ARI): Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (G.B.): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Gaines, Greg, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 6 Pick 41 (COMP): Allison, Jeff, ILB, Fresno State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)
Great draft but wholly unrealistic.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote