Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2019, 07:59 PM  
Mahomes Dynasty

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Draft Simulator

This has been brought up the past few years. A fun draft simulator if you're bored and want to kill time.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

*Note*
Depending on which big board and team needs/rankings list you use, some of these players end up falling big time, which in real life probably won't be the case. So take it with a grain of salt, but really it's all for fun.

Enjoy, and post your results in the thread if you wish

Here's my KC draft. (I usually use the board that's most recently updated - today it was the "NFL Mock" board w/ "classic" difficulty level).

If this happened I'd probably wet myself.

1.CB-DeAnder Baker, Georgia
2.WR-Deebo Samuel, S.Carolina
2.LB-Devin Bush, Michigan
3.CB-Trayvon Mullen, Clemson
5.RB-Darrell Henderson, Memphis
6.DE-Charles Omenihu, Texas
6.WR-Hakeen Butler, IowaSt
7.S-Mike Edwards, Kentucky (a Matt House pick)
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #16
MVP

Pretty close to the same as you North, now that I look at it... Here were my results...
29: R1P29
CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA
61: R2P29
RB JOSH JACOBS
ALABAMA
63: R2P31
LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
92: R3P28
S C GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
168: R5P29
WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE
203: R6P28
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
215: R6P40
CB MONTRE HARTAGE
NORTHWESTERN
218: R7P2
EDGE CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #17
In Search of a Life

1. DeAndre Baker, CB , Georgia
2. Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
2. Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Took my crack at this one and allowed myself 1 trade because it adheres to my 'exact a stiff price for your 1st' strategy. Traded my 1 for the 9th and 17th picks in the 2nd round.

2.9 -- Irv Smith, TE - Ala
2.17 -- Nassir Adderley, FS - Del
2.29 -- Mack Wilson, ILB - Ala
2.31 -- Julian Love, CB - ND
3.28 -- Terry Beckner Jr, DT - Miz
5.29 -- Emanuel Hall, WR - Miz
6.28 -- Rodney Anderson, RB - OU
7.2 -- Jordan Scarlett, RB - Fl

So there - I just won us the next 3 Super Bowls. You're all welcome.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #19
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Took my crack at this one and allowed myself 1 trade because it adheres to my 'exact a stiff price for your 1st' strategy. Traded my 1 for the 9th and 17th picks in the 2nd round.

I mean, these aren't likely at all, but when you start doing them some of the guys just start dropping. Kinda weird how it happens.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I mean, these aren't likely at all, but when you start doing them some of the guys just start dropping. Kinda weird how it happens.
Exactly. Same thing I learned during the Chiefs Mock Drafts.

Guys fall because there are more similarly situated players than we realize. There are always a couple more guys available at a spot than you expected because unless you take part in stuff like this, you kind fixate on a few players and forget there are a dozen other guys that other teams may like just as much that they'll take instead.

I don't think any of those are LIKELY, but the only one I see as truly borderline ridiculous is Beckner. Any of the rest of those guys COULD be there, but it's a stretch. And it's definitely not gonna work out that they're ALL there at those spots.

But could Adderley fall to the mid 2nd? Sure, he could. Wilson and Love to the late 2nd? Sure, unlikely but not impossible. You just realize why these slides happen every single year when you start doing these drafts and it tends to actually make me a little more confident as to what we might be able to pull off.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #21
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Exactly. Same thing I learned during the Chiefs Mock Drafts.

Guys fall because there are more similarly situated players than we realize. There are always a couple more guys available at a spot than you expected because unless you take part in stuff like this, you kind fixate on a few players and forget there are a dozen other guys that other teams may like just as much that they'll take instead.

I don't think any of those are LIKELY, but the only one I see as truly borderline ridiculous is Beckner. Any of the rest of those guys COULD be there, but it's a stretch. And it's definitely not gonna work out that they're ALL there at those spots.

But could Adderley fall to the mid 2nd? Sure, he could. Wilson and Love to the late 2nd? Sure, unlikely but not impossible. You just realize why these slides happen every single year when you start doing these drafts and it tends to actually make me a little more confident as to what we might be able to pull off.
The problem is one of these guys fall or multiple ones we like are at our pick and we take some slapass we hadn't even thought of. lol.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #22

Quote:
The problem is one of these guys fall or multiple ones we like are at our pick and we take some slapass we hadn't even thought of. lol.
Hell, they even rhyme.

Slapass, K-pass....same difference.

(A reminder - we could've had Kamara. That one STILL pisses me off...)
Old 02-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #23
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Hell, they even rhyme.

Slapass, K-pass....same difference.

(A reminder - we could've had Kamara. That one STILL pisses me off...)
There were so many more guys they could have taken there.

KPass atleast fits the 43 better I guess.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #24

Quote:
There were so many more guys they could have taken there.

KPass atleast fits the 43 better I guess.
It's impossible to hand waive Patrick Mahomes - he makes the entire 2017 NFL draft.

But with Hunt gone, we'll get effectively nothing out of that season beyond Mahomes. '18 has a little more promise down the ranks with Nnadi and DoD likely being starters and I presume Speaks will have a heavy spot in the rotation.

But with K-Pass and Hunt's picks we coulda/shoulda had Kamara and Rasul Douglas (guys I was hoping we'd grab at those spots at the time). I was also a fan of Kendall Beckwith though his injury last year (combined with some injury history at LSU) makes that sketch. Then again, if we'd have taken him, he's probably not in that car wreck, butterflies flapping their wings and all...

Again - it's all worth it with Mahomes in that draft but Veach and Co. absolutely have to do better. Hopefully last season was a sign of progress in that regard and it will only get more impressive going forward. He's still a damn young executive so there are lessons to be learned for him still.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #25
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It's impossible to hand waive Patrick Mahomes - he makes the entire 2017 NFL draft.

But with Hunt gone, we'll get effectively nothing out of that season beyond Mahomes. '18 has a little more promise down the ranks with Nnadi and DoD likely being starters and I presume Speaks will have a heavy spot in the rotation.

But with K-Pass and Hunt's picks we coulda/shoulda had Kamara and Rasul Douglas (guys I was hoping we'd grab at those spots at the time). I was also a fan of Kendall Beckwith though his injury last year (combined with some injury history at LSU) makes that sketch. Then again, if we'd have taken him, he's probably not in that car wreck, butterflies flapping their wings and all...

Again - it's all worth it with Mahomes in that draft but Veach and Co. absolutely have to do better. Hopefully last season was a sign of progress in that regard and it will only get more impressive going forward. He's still a damn young executive so there are lessons to be learned for him still.
Wasn't 17 a Dorsey draft though?
Old 02-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Wasn't 17 a Dorsey draft though?
Does anyone really know?

Yes, Dorsey was still the GM, but it's just about damn near impossible to know exactly who was pulling the strings that year.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #27
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Does anyone really know?

Yes, Dorsey was still the GM, but it's just about damn near impossible to know exactly who was pulling the strings that year.
Guess it depends which tribe you are in. Pro Veach, Pro Dorsey etc.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #28
Veteran

Quote:

If trading the 29th pick for the 9th and 7th picks of the 2nd round is a realistic trade then I am all for trading back if a stud doesn't fall unexpectedly to 29.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #29
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Guess it depends which tribe you are in. Pro Veach, Pro Dorsey etc.
Andy has always been in charge.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
If trading the 29th pick for the 9th and 7th picks of the 2nd round is a realistic trade then I am all for trading back if a stud doesn't fall unexpectedly to 29.
It isn't. That 1st is worth more along the lines of 2 late 2nds or an earlier 2 and a late 3 based on the 'pick value'.

Which is why I'm almost universally opposed to moving out of the 1st absent absolutely strafing some team in return.