Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM  
In Search of a Life

2019 Free agency Thread

We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I don't think you realize that after we tag Ford and hold our "Rookie Pool" we are looking at about $5M in space to play in FA unless they can get something worked out with Houston and or Berry.
I never suggested “sign all of them”.

You know as well as I do that room will be created. One of Berry/Houston are gone IMO. Sorenson is likely out. There is always a surprise or two.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #137
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Patrick Peterson.

Only 2 years left on his deal. That’s not worth a 2nd IMO.
I would look at cheaper options first but I would be willing to give a 2nd in 2020 for him.

The Chiefs stand a very real chance to compete for the SB in the next two years.

Two years left on his contract is perfect. You won't have to pay him anymore when you start paying Mahomes big dollars. And by then they will have time to get some good young CBs plus they can potentially get a 3rd round compensation when Peterson's contract is over if I am not mistaken.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #138
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
I never suggested “sign all of them”.

You know as well as I do that room will be created. One of Berry/Houston are gone IMO. Sorenson is likely out. There is always a surprise or two.
There is definitely a lot of work to be done. Veach has stated that he wants to resign Jones and Hill and will be working on that this off season.
I agree that we most likely sign a FA safety as they are now cheap compared to years past. I could see us signing a FA CB but it will be late and we probably won't like the player much.
To do all that is going to take a large amount of cap space that we don't have yet. It will be interesting to see how they get some relief to help allow them to sign players.

I am not a big fan of Ford. I think Houston is all but done when he has to motivated by Justin Hamilton to play up to his ability. Berry has been non existent for over a year and if this surgery doesn't happen soon he will be non existent again in 2019.

Some times I think we would be better off to just make Houston and Berry both post June 1 cuts and trade Ford.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #139
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I don't think you realize that after we tag Ford and hold our "Rookie Pool" we are looking at about $5M in space to play in FA unless they can get something worked out with Houston and or Berry.
Not really sure why a team that just sported the worst defense it the league would be up for keeping a bunch of aging overpaid players.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #140
In Search of a Life

This is a much flatter distribution than I'd expect from 2nd to 5th.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #141
Veteran

S Eric Reid with the Panthers just signed a 3 yr extension.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #142
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
S Eric Reid with the Panthers just signed a 3 yr extension.
22 million dollars
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #143
In Search of a Life

That may make the safety market a little more robust
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #144
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
That may make the safety market a little more robust
Gonna have to build through the draft and hope you can find a scandrick somewhere or 2 who's gonna give you 6-8 good games
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #145
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Gonna have to build through the draft and hope you can find a scandrick somewhere or 2 who's gonna give you 6-8 good games
Hopefully the new d staff can get some current guys playing better

The dude on twitter that had the Watkins signing says they’ll sign Earl Thomas

Well see
Old 02-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #146
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Hopefully the new d staff can get some current guys playing better

The dude on twitter that had the Watkins signing says they’ll sign Earl Thomas

Well see
Makes sense because we tried to trade for him dunno how we would have money to sign him I think he gets a prove it deal somewhere due to breaking the same leg twice in back to back years. I'd love to have Thomas but I do have questions about him and Berry
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #147
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Makes sense because we tried to trade for him dunno how we would have money to sign him I think he gets a prove it deal somewhere due to breaking the same leg twice in back to back years. I'd love to have Thomas but I do have questions about him and Berry
I’m betting it’s something like 3 years 30 mill Thomas gets.

He says they’re gonna tag ford and restructure Houston and sign Thomas

Not sure if he knows much though
Old 02-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #148
MVP

Eric Reid sat on his couch all summer last year along with a bunch of other safeties nobody wanted to sign. A year later teams are now overpaying for safeties? what?
mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.mcaj22 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 PM   #149
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
I’m betting it’s something like 3 years 30 mill Thomas gets.

He says they’re gonna tag ford and restructure Houston and sign Thomas

Not sure if he knows much though
Houston would be stupid to redo his deal
Old 02-11-2019, 10:20 PM   #150
Shit

Quote:
Houston would be stupid to redo his deal
Not if he wants a ring.

He should be rich forever anyway.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.