Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM  
Champs!

*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***

As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.

Last edited by Coach; 11-20-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #691
Black Bob's daddy

Any chance Nicky Lopez is able to earn a promotion with a strong start to the season or is he blocked for the foreseeable future?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #692
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Is Zimmer expected to make the rotation or be a bullpen guy?
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:37 AM   #693
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
Is Zimmer expected to make the rotation or be a bullpen guy?

He’s strictly a bullpen guy at this point.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 AM   #694
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Any chance Nicky Lopez is able to earn a promotion with a strong start to the season or is he blocked for the foreseeable future?
Until we shed 40 man spots as the season goes on, he doesn't have to be on the roster until next year. It makes no sense. He needs daily at-bats. Until that becomes a given with the Royals, he'll likely stay in Omaha. If the Royals do better than expected by summer, I could see them shifting Whit to RF on a more regular basis and giving Lopez the promotion. But that scenario is just unlikely. Next year, outfield spots open up (Gordon, Hamilton). I've suspected they have Whit ticketed for LF - especially w/ his contract extension. It ensures lock-down defense out there when Gordon is gone. Unless Dozier, Gutierrez, Cuthbert, et-al flame out for the 3B job, Lopez' path to the bigs involves Whit to the OF.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:50 AM   #695
Rabbi Goldmann

Without ever seeing him play, I can already tell Boxberger will suck ass. And make me mad all summer blowing leads
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #696
War Eagle !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Without ever seeing him play, I can already tell Boxberger will suck ass. And make me mad all summer blowing leads
Could that be because he has an 11.57 era in 4.2 innings pitched.

Maybe the Royals will eat his $2.2M and give his roster spot to Ynoa ( 0.77 era in 11.2 innings )
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #697
Herm is the worst...horrible

Or maybe we wait until he gets out of Spring Training and Arizona and see if the regular season produces different results. If he struggles from day one and his pitches look flat, I'll join the calls for his release. Next man up. I'm hoping Ynoa makes the team, regardless of Boxberger. I think it really depends on whether they're intent on keeping Ellis.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #698
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

As with any vet added to a rebuilding team, Boxberger is a worthwhile play if you let
Him build up trade value and move him for some sort of future asset.

He’s a negative play if he’s terrible and you keep running him out (see Blaine Boyer).

It’s a worthwhile risk because there are so many spots in the pen.

Duda is less worthwhile because he potentially takes away key at bats from guys you need to find out about and the value is unlikely to be anything of value.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #699
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
As with any vet added to a rebuilding team, Boxberger is a worthwhile play if you let
Him build up trade value and move him for some sort of future asset.

He’s a negative play if he’s terrible and you keep running him out (see Blaine Boyer).

It’s a worthwhile risk because there are so many spots in the pen.

Duda is less worthwhile because he potentially takes away key at bats from guys you need to find out about and the value is unlikely to be anything of value.
Help me out with Duda? Is he going to sub at 1B with O'Hearn, or sub with Schwindel as a DH? I REALLY don't get that signing at all.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #700
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Help me out with Duda? Is he going to sub at 1B with O'Hearn, or sub with Schwindel as a DH? I REALLY don't get that signing at all.

If the idea is use him at DH and have him split some ABs with Schwindel and possibly move him for something via trade, it makes a tad bit of sense.

That’s the only way to make sense of it, though.

If they play him instead of O’Hearn, it’s flat-our dumb.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #701
Hockey Town

Lucas Duda is never going to have a ton of trade value.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #702
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
What are leads?
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #703
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Lucas Duda is never going to have a ton of trade value.

No. He isn’t. Maybe you get some international dollars for him or a lotto ticket.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #704
Hockey Town

I just don't really like that move honestly, but oh well.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #705
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
What are leads?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.