Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Captain Marvel

Last edited by DaFace; 12-04-2018 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: size was doing weird things to the thread
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:13 PM   #706
Paladin

My best friend wanted to see it so I saw it with him. Had low expectations for it. It was very good. But it wasn't a memorable movie. Thor comparisons are sound. I liked Thor 1 too and proceeded to forget everything about it an hour after I left the theater. But there was a little black girl and her parents sitting next to us and she seemed like she had a blast, so I think this movie did what Larson intended it to do. That's pretty cool.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #707
__

Yeah the film has a lot more in it if you're a girl or a woman.

Spoiler!
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #708
Kind of a mod

There was a little girl probably around age 8 wearing a Captain Marvel costume when I went. That was pretty cute.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:36 PM   #709
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There was a little girl probably around age 8 wearing a Captain Marvel costume when I went. That was pretty cute.
My 8 year old daughter is a big Captain Marvel fan now. And it's funny because she generally doesn't like any of the female superheros like Wonder Woman or Black Widow.

Her favorite characters before this movie were Starlord and Rocket.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #710
__

Is it possible we just missed Brie Larson's performance because we don't have two X chromosomes?

I agree with the folks that called it wooden, but women and girls have generally adored it.

I don't know if that's because her gender makes her the easiest superhero for them to identify with, or because maybe there's a lot more womanhood to that performance than we as males can recognize.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #711
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Is it possible we just missed Brie Larson's performance because we don't have two X chromosomes?

I agree with the folks that called it wooden, but women and girls have generally adored it.

I don't know if that's because her gender makes her the easiest superhero for them to identify with, or because maybe there's a lot more womanhood to that performance than we as males can recognize.
My wife didn't like the movie at all, though that was more about the script and character development than about Larson's performance.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #712
Banned

I stand by it being one of the better origin films. It's Ant-man level.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #713
On Hiatus

I must be a horse of a different color because I really liked the movie. Went to see it with some buddies and we pretty much had the theater to ourselves.

Not sure why some give it a "meh " rating but to each their own. I enjoyed it.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #714
Paladin

I think she played the part well. She had this sarcastic personality about her that I can 100% relate to. And she reacted to that biker dude exactly how that type of person would. The movie was hilarious to me. I laughed about every 5 minutes, it was great.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #715
Settle this once and forever

It was entertaining.

I only watched it because I wanted to be prepared for Endgame, but I wasn’t upset having spent money on tickets.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:59 AM   #716
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
I stand by it being one of the better origin films. It's Ant-man level.
Nah, a half step below Ant-Man. Though I do need to watch Cap Marvel again to get a better read on it. My son 13, and daughter 9 both really enjoyed it. Will likely buy when available.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #717
testing ... 1, 2, 3

I support Marvel's cinematic effortisms.

I have criticisms and it's clear that not all of their movies are spectacularly awesome, but some are. And the totality of their accomplishment is fascinating. So I want them to continue to succeed so they will continue on ... and, hopefully, even improve.

That's basically why I support every single movie they make. Even if I don't love each individual film, I'll contribute my ticket money with a willing heart.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #718
It Goes On

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I support Marvel's cinematic effortisms.

I have criticisms and it's clear that not all of their movies are spectacularly awesome, but some are. And the totality of their accomplishment is fascinating. So I want them to continue to succeed so they will continue on ... and, hopefully, even improve.

That's basically why I support every single movie they make. Even if I don't love each individual film, I'll contribute my ticket money with a willing heart.

FAX
Perfect

There have been some dogs in the MCU, but the overall story has been a fantastic achievement that, imo, eclipses anything else ever done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #719
World's Best Boss

My wife and our female roommate loved it. They went in with rock-bottom expectations after seeing the 31% user rating on RT (I didn't really delve into what was driving those scores before we saw it).

I think now we can all agree that a score at that level was pretty ridiculous.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #720
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
My wife and our female roommate loved it. They went in with rock-bottom expectations after seeing the 31% user rating on RT (I didn't really delve into what was driving those scores before we saw it).

I think now we can all agree that a score at that level was pretty ridiculous.
Wife and female roommate? Go on...
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.