Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-26-2018, 01:21 AM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Lucky to be alive, just spent 3 weeks in ICU!

I can thank the Good Lord I'm alive, seriously.

Monday, June 4th, I awoke with the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, in my right leg, one of the knee replacements I had over 1 1/2 year ago. I could not walk, they had to call an ambulance to get me to the ER.

Once there, I told them what was going on as I'm passing in and out from the pain, with periods of talking nonsense, shit out of nowhere. Through the evaluations, test, simple blood test, they sent me back home with inflammation and a possible knee infection. I need to follow up with my knee doctor on Thursday, of which I already have an appointment.

I go home, go to bed, over the next 2.5 days, I'min and out of reality, at times awaking not knowing who or where I was. After losing my wife 2 months ago, they all thought I was worn out it was all catching up to me,so they let me rest but was concerned about me talking out of my head. My dog never left my side except to go to relieve himself outside a few times.

Thurs, June 7th, late afternoon my daughter somehow awakes me, gets me to the car, Of course I know none of what's happening. So away we go to the doctors office that installed my knees, while there, I'm out of it, talking deliriously. They tell my daughter to get me to the ER, I was having a stroke. Seriously Doc,have my daughter take me instead of calling for an ambulance? While at the ER awaiting to get me some help, she left me standing up in the doorway of the van. Well, I passed out, falling inward and landing between the buckets seats. It took 3 EMT's to drag me out of the car pulling on both arms that have with rotar cuff injuries. After checking to see if I was having a stroke, the ER doc on call was different from Monday, heard all that has happened and ran a test for 6 different infections, turns out I had MRSA and he suspected I had Sepsis. He started a central IV in my neck and started giving me 2 types of powerful antibiotics and a high rate. I was already going into shock stage with my organs starting to shut down. They had to get BP and heart stable in order to transfer me to Owensboro.

Within 4 hrs I was loaded up and shipped off where they were better equipped to handle this type of infections. It was spreading at an alarming rate cause I was upgraded within 2 hrs, sepsis, to a higher grade of sepsis and then to sepsis shock where your organs begin shutting down. I went from a 30% chance of death, to 50% to 80% within a 2 hour period. For the next 3 days I'm unconscious, out of it and when I came to at times, didn't know who I was,where I was, I hurt like HELL, serious body pain, my left arm damaged from the fall and the EMT's dragging me out of the car. But I knew none of this, I awoke thinking I am in a prison camp, being tortured, I have no clue why.

My family was scared that I was dying, especially after losing Carrie 60 days prior. Doctors on Sunday June 10th, came in and told me & the family the source of the infection and that they had scheduled surgery for Tues, June 12th. Plan was to go in, cut the old knee out,install a spacer and clean up as well as they could. I awoke June 13th late, was told a little about what went on, but not really knowing anything until Thur. the 14th. Each day I have gotten a little bit better while taking that same powerful antibiotics.

I have since transferred to a Managed Rehab Center in Greenville, the town I live in. I will be here until the end of July, all the time taking antibiotics by IV daily. If all is good with the blood test, I can have the knee opened up and have a new one put in again. All of this is whether they can get my left arm and shoulder to respond enough so I can use a walker again.

The plan is a new knee at the first to middle of Aug.

Rehab right knee over next 6 to 8 months.

When healthy enough, Repair left shoulder and arm, another 1 year of rehab

After that, Right shoulder rotator rebuild, another 1 year of rehab.

Next 2 years and 10 months are tied up, but I am alive!

A doctor told me off the record the 1st hospital dropped the ball on me and that I was lucky to be alive, easily within hours of passing if the infection grew with out the antibiotics given when they were given.

Count your blessings CP members, I was find on Sunday the 3rd and my whole world changed in less than 24 hours.

BTW, it took me 2 hrs to type this with 1 arm that is working about 50%.

Last edited by ROYC75; 06-29-2018 at 12:34 PM..
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:31 AM   #16
Inmem 2.0

Wow. Glad you're doing better.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #17
Veteran

Glad you made it through. Sepsis is scary.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #18
left blank intentionally

Wow. I have no words...God bless.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #19
Supporter

Infection is a mean old cuss.

I got a MRSA infection that bubbled up as an abscess in my leg. I was a million miles from systemic infection or sepsis and it sucked hard.

Prayers are with you.

You are one tough son of a bitch to have lived through that for so many days.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #20
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

MRSA is nasty stuff and to have it roaming around inside you for days, well you are a lucky man! My SIL died from MRSA she contracted while in the hospital.

Prayers for you and for the family. Been a rough year for all of you.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:50 AM   #21
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

So sorry to hear this Roy, especially after losing your wife.

God speed.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 AM   #22
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Wow, so much for you and your family to deal with this year. Glad you’re improving and beginning the road to recovery. Can’t even imagine the fight that took with the infection. God Bless you and your loved ones
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:02 AM   #23
Hello

That’s some brutal stuff right there. Glad to hear you’re well. It would suck to die at the start of the Mahomes era lol
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #24
MVP

How much water a day were you drinking before this went down?
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 AM   #25
Bring it on Ahab!

Bless your daughter. She's probably the only reason you're alive.

I mean, yeah, obviously the doctors, but they can't do a thing if someone close to you isn't watching your back. After everything you two have been through, make sure she knows how grateful you are.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #26
Can these boys not play?

Damn.. nice job pulling through! One hell of a story!

Your continued speedy recovery is in our thoughts and prayers.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #27

Many thanks to all, it's still hard to wrap my brain around it all.

Well,there went my trip to Mexico City this year.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #28
Supporter

Hang in there Roy.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #29

Damn, glad you made it through! Sounds like hell. Can’t believe that first hospital let you leave.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
How much water a day were you drinking before this went down?
Plenty, maybe 2 qts a day, its all I drink.