Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM  
mod-ish

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #3106
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I envision it as two, down-on-their-luck college friends who decide to enter the competition in order to pay off a gambling debt.

They then travel to Russia and are followed by the KGB who mistakenly believes they may be American spies. One of them falls in love with a female KGB officer assigned to their case who teaches him the finer points of open-hand slapping while introducing him to Soviet-style sex.

I haven't figured out the second act, yet.

FAX
You need to collab with Bert

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:39 AM   #3107
testing ... 1, 2, 3

The answer is, "star circle hashtag shoe".

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #3108
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Watched Atomic Blonde last night.

I did a search and didn't find any posts about this movie. I actually thought this film would have its own thread, but I guess not.

I was pleasantly surprised. This is a better-than-average action-oriented spy/thriller. Damn good, actually. No significant weaknesses in plot, script, performance, cinematography or direction. It's also interesting to see how John Wick has affected they way fight sequences are shot and edited. Recommended to all who appreciate the genre. I give it 3.75 (out of 5) hikes.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #3109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Watched Atomic Blonde last night.

I did a search and didn't find any posts about this movie. I actually thought this film would have its own thread, but I guess not.

I was pleasantly surprised. This is a better-than-average action-oriented spy/thriller. Damn good, actually. No significant weaknesses in plot, script, performance, cinematography or direction. It's also interesting to see how John Wick has affected they way fight sequences are shot and edited. Recommended to all who appreciate the genre. I give it 3.75 (out of 5) hikes.

FAX
I liked it too.

I think it set out to be a female John Wick-ish film. I thought it did a nice job. I might be biased because I'm a huge Theron fan.

I thought the fight scene in the stairway was really well done. It was obvious in the choreography that he hit harder than her and she was hurt by the blows.

I mean, I watch it all, but it's fairly ridiculous that the women just do what dudes do to giant mother****ing dudes and it works. This took into account that it was a woman fighting a man, and it worked, at least in my head.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:59 AM   #3110
Unsparing

For those who love music bio-pics, you've got to watch "The Dirt". Those are four characters that are intensely difficult to portray authentically, and these young actors just nailed it.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #3111
You Sweetie!

This is what I was talking about - not necessarily 'new' but 2018

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #3112
I could of gone pro

It's about six months old, but I just watched The Meg on HBO. I had planned to see it in the theater but when the imdb rating was 5.6, I don't usually go if it's below a 7.0 rating. I wouldn't of been disappointed and should have gone. It's cheesy to a certain extent and has cliches as you would expect, but the special effects and the action kept your interest. Instead of the Bill Paxton type character always saying, "get me out of here man", they did have one, but a black guy who couldn't swim. I could of imagined the Rock playing the main character, that would of been too cheesy, I think Jason Statham was the best choice, although half of what he said, I can't understand.

I did get the full effect at home, I have a 75" Samsung 4K and a huge surround sound, and the movie has excellent surround sound. I gave it a 7.0 and it was a good action adventure and worth watching.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #3113
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
This looks promising.

Watched this last night. It was awesome.

And while everybody knows how it ends,
Spoiler!

Definitely one of the better movies of its kind. Kostner and Harrelson make a great team. Kostner's portrayal of Frank Hamer is basically an old fart version of Eliot Ness.

I would have happily paid to see this in the theater.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #3114
pew pew madafakas

Quote:

Spoiler!

Definitely one of the better movies of its kind. Kostner and Harrelson make a great team. Kostner's portrayal of Frank Hamer is basically an old fart version of Eliot Ness.

Can't wait to see this.

I'm almost done with reading the book below and Bonnie and Clyde is the last chapter. Hamer was a badass mfker.

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Ranger-.../dp/125006998X
Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #3115
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
Can't wait to see this.

I'm almost done with reading the book below and Bonnie and Clyde is the last chapter. Hamer was a badass mfker.

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Ranger-.../dp/125006998X
I think that may be the next book I read. Thanks for sharing.

I hope the movie stayed true to the story and what he was really like. These things always take liberties, but some are worse than others. The last Bonnie and Clyde movie I saw was presented from her point of view, and wasn't terribly impressive.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #3116
Keepin it Real

Quote:

Spoiler!

Just finished it. Had to watch the death scene twice. Damn scene gave me goosebumps both times. Expertly done. Loved the view from the Rangers instead of just Bonnie and Clyde.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:12 AM   #3117
Supporter

Quote:

Spoiler!

This was really good. I don’t know the liberties they took but nothing seemed outlandish. The camerawork was really really good. Nothing groundbreaking but it was notably well done. Same with the music.

What really drives the movie forward was the acting. There were a LOT of places the acting could have fallen flat and the points the movie was pushing would miss. Harelson and Kostner have laid some eggs in their career but this is really well down and it all worked. For me anyway.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #3118
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
This was really good. I don’t know the liberties they took but nothing seemed outlandish. The camerawork was really really good. Nothing groundbreaking but it was notably well done. Same with the music.

What really drives the movie forward was the acting. There were a LOT of places the acting could have fallen flat and the points the movie was pushing would miss. Harelson and Kostner have laid some eggs in their career but this is really well down and it all worked. For me anyway.
The scenes where Costner and Harrelson delivered their "what shaped me" stories were both great. They both hit it out of the park.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #3119
Supporter

Quote:
The scenes where Costner and Harrelson delivered their "what shaped me" stories were both great. They both hit it out of the park.
There were several places it could have fallen apart, but was held together by great performances.

Spoiler!

I'm sure there are other scenes too, but looking back, it took some really powerful performances to hold it together, because that story is so crazy, the Great Depression was so long ago, and the production was pretty damned ambitious in what it attempted to tackle.

I'm sure it won't get any buzz about it, but this is pretty much the diametric opposite of Michael Bay.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #3120
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
There were several places it could have fallen apart, but was held together by great performances.

Spoiler!

I'm sure there are other scenes too, but looking back, it took some really powerful performances to hold it together, because that story is so crazy, the Great Depression was so long ago, and the production was pretty damned ambitious in what it attempted to tackle.

I'm sure it won't get any buzz about it, but this is pretty much the diametric opposite of Michael Bay.
I do wonder if the gas station scene actually happened. Wouldn't surprise me if he did something like that, though. I'm going to pick up the book that Pennywise recommended, but from what little I have read about Hamer he was a tough customer with a short fuse and a very personalized view of right and wrong.