Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 PM  
Plays to win the game!

How To Train Your Dragon

Theres very few times when an amazing animated movie comes around and makes you feel this impressed, warmhearted, and willing to spend the extra money to go see it again and for me this was it.

One of the best animated movies I've ever seen the story is all to familiar but the relationship between the boy and his dragon is reason enough to make you love this movie. If you are on the fence about this one, I will push you over. Definetly take your kids to go see it and if you have a date I guarantee you this will make her happy.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #46
M-I-Z S-E-C

Saw this movie with the kids today. One of the best animated movies I've seen in a really long time.
MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Theres very few times when an amazing animated movie comes around and makes you feel this impressed, warmhearted, and willing to spend the extra money to go see it again and for me this was it.
I suppose "once a year when the new Pixar movie comes out" qualifies as "very few times."
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #48
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Looks like the good word is getting out. Its holding really well.
I'm hoping it picks up during our school vacation week (which is next week).

I'll tell you one thing: even when there are only 12 people in the theater, they applaud at the end. I've never seen that before.

Dreamworks opened at the right time, too. They have had IMAX all to themselves for three weeks and will continue to, until May 7th when "Iron Man 2" opens. Compare that to "Iron Man 2" itself, which only gets 2 weeks before "Shrek: Ever After". Or "Toy Story 3", which only gets 12 days until "Eclipse".
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #49
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

We saw the 3d version over spring break. Loved it. So did the kids.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #50
Cheaterlover*

Yay!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2131646/

Box Office Report: 'How to Train Your Dragon' ekes out a surprise win over newcomer 'Kick-Ass'

2 hours ago | EW - Hollywood Insider.com

If only Kick-Ass had been in 3-D maybe we would have had a different outcome. But instead, the DreamWorks Animated 3-D flick How to Train Your Dragon squeezed out a surprise come-from-behind first-place finish with an estimated $20 million take in its fourth weekend in release. Falling only 20 percent, Dragon's total now stands at $158.6 million; a dearth of competing kids' movies has been beneficial to the well-reviewed Viking flick. Lionsgate's Kick-Ass grossed an estimated $19.75 million for a second place spot. (With estimates showing spots one and two separated by a remarkably small $250,000, Monday's final results may give us a different outcome.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #51
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post

If only Kick-Ass had been in 3-D maybe we would have had a different outcome.

Happy for this flick since its been a word of mouth hit.

Wish Kick Ass would have done better, but its rated R so im sure thaty hurt some.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #52
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Happy for this flick since its been a word of mouth hit.

Wish Kick Ass would have done better, but its rated R so im sure thaty hurt some.
Almost $20M for an R-rated ain't too bad, though. But, yeah, I'm happy for "HTTYD" because it started off slow and most analysts pushed it to the side as a failure, but the great reviews and strong word-of-mouth have made it bob back up in the standings (which I think is fairly rare). It really deserves to do well.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #53
Feelin' Alright

Me paying for a third time and bringing my sister helped that number.

Which brings my total to $30 + I can account for ~$100 from recommendations.

Word of mouth, ftw.

*pat on back*
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #54
In Search of a Life

Good movie, not fantastic. $13 ticket price is a lot. Pixar always has good little "shorts" before the main attraction. Dream works needs to add one of those instead of a dozen advertisements/trailers.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #55
Stay positive, don't give up

Solid movie and enjoyable, saw it earlier. Def. costly for imax 3d but i liked it.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #56
Feelin' Alright

It's leading the box office again for the 4th out of 5 weekends since it's opening weekend which it didn't win.
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #57
Cheaterlover*

Finally dragged my wife to see it last night. She enjoyed it.

I can't believe it made $15M, which is around $3M more than the previous weekend, when it almost tied "Kick-Ass" for #1. "HTTYD" is now up to $178M. Not bad for a film that started out slow and has built its business through word-of-mouth and good reviews.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #58
v^V^v^V^v^V^

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I just saw it. I'm a gibbering, squeeing messsssss. Also I'm now a 3D convert, that was superb. But mostly OH GOD SO CUTE HELP I'M CRYING.
Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #59
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut View Post
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I just saw it. I'm a gibbering, squeeing messsssss. Also I'm now a 3D convert, that was superb. But mostly OH GOD SO CUTE HELP I'M CRYING.
We have a fat black cat with yellow eyes. She's temperamental, driven by food, chases dots of light, loves catnip, and basically is Toothless except she can't fly or shoot fireballs. I told my wife I'm putting wings and a tail on her for Halloween, LOL.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:48 AM   #60
Veteran

Figured I would bump this. DVD release coming in a few days.

Good to see the power of word of mouth keep this well deserved flick on top of the charts.

Aaaaaaand: http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/10/11...on-2-for-2013/

I don't know a lot about what I'll be doing in 2013, but I know I'll be seeing this.
RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RedDread is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.