Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 10-08-2016, 10:45 PM  
You Sweetie!

-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...

I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear

I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #631
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Watched The Possession of Hannah Grace the other night.

I thought it was good. Had some moments. But it did suffer from typical horror cliches and notoriously poor decision making by our heroine. Nothing we're not use to already.

Overall a decent watch for horror fans.

It wasn't bad. But I preferred the Autopsy of Jane Doe (netflix)

Last edited by SAGA45; 03-20-2019 at 05:57 AM..
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #632
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

This looks interesting.

KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:05 AM   #633
Veteran

Pet Sematary is getting some good reviews .

and US (the new film from Get Out director) is getting some rave reviews . Might have to see it opening weekend.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #634
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
This looks interesting.

That made me cry
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #635
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Rob Zombie's Devels Rejects has a sequel coming out I didn't know about. 3 From Hell. Rumors were its supposed to be released on Halloween but I read Rob refukes that and there isn't a release date. Doesn't matter I'm stoked to learn this movie is coming.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #636
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Pet Sematary is getting some good reviews .

and US (the new film from Get Out director) is getting some rave reviews . Might have to see it opening weekend.
Saw “Us” today. An obvious must see if you like horror. It was pretty good.
SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #637
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
Saw “Us” today. An obvious must see if you like horror. It was pretty good.
Had some double date plans to see it tonight, but looks like we got out of it.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #638
Supporter

Not sure how many of you are also on facebook, but we've got a nice group starting up: The HORDE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6475...f=group_header

There, we talk all things horror/thriller related....movies, tv shows, comics, video games...you name it
Old 04-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #639
All about that Paper Boi

Speaking of, there was a French zombie flick called The Horde that probably came out 7-8 years ago that was pretty good.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #640
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Speaking of, there was a French zombie flick called The Horde that probably came out 7-8 years ago that was pretty good.
YES! some good subplots too with the rogue cops and all. Loved it!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #641
I could of gone pro

This isn't a horror film in the true sense, but ever since Donnie Darko I've tried to watch everything Jake Gyllenhaal has done. He made a film in 2013 that went straight to video, it's called "Enemy". It has never showed up on HBO, Showtime, etc., but I found it on Directv on-demand but I didn't want to pay their high price to see it.

Yesterday I searched Netflix and they had it, so I watched it last night. It's directed by Denis Villeneuve, who has done "Prisoners" with Jake and Hugh Jackman, which was real good drama about a kidnapped child. He also did "Arrival" with Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner, which I thought was excellent sci-fi about alien ships landing on Earth and Amy could talk to them.

In this film "Enemy" Jake just goes about work as a history professor, has sex with his girlfriend, lives in a condo in Toronto. One day at work a guy asks, if he liked movies. He said no, not really. So Jake then said, what would you recommend for a cheerful film. He mentions some film, so Jake goes to the video store and rents the film.

He's watching the movie and a woman is checking into a hotel and the bellhop picks up her luggage and Jake notices the actor looks just like himself, but without the beard Jake has for this film. He goes to the internet and there are 3 actors listed as bellhops, so he looks up each one and he finds it's Bellhop #3. He searched the guy's name online and finds the agency that he is represented by.

Jake goes to the agency and right away the security guard calls him by the actor's name. He picks up the actor's mail and opens it, and gets the guys home address. He goes to the address, it's in a group of highrise condos, so he parks on the top floor of a garage and tries to see the unit. He calls the guys phone number and a girl answers. He starts to tell his look-alike story, but the girl thinks he's her boyfriend pulling a prank. His voice is just like the guys voice so much so, that his girlfriend is fooled.

That's all I'll tell you for now. Enemy could of been a great or excellent movie, but it's so dark visually whenever they're inside and it slow moving. The film script should of been tightened, indoor shots should of been lighted better, get a faster pace, I was surprised that director turned out this movie. To me, it was worth watching because the story is unique. There is also an ending, that I had to go and look up the meaning. Because of the last 2 seconds of the film, it's qualifies as a horror film.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #642
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
This isn't a horror film in the true sense, but ever since Donnie Darko I've tried to watch everything Jake Gyllenhaal has done. He made a film in 2013 that went straight to video, it's called "Enemy". It has never showed up on HBO, Showtime, etc., but I found it on Directv on-demand but I didn't want to pay their high price to see it.

Yesterday I searched Netflix and they had it, so I watched it last night. It's directed by Denis Villeneuve, who has done "Prisoners" with Jake and Hugh Jackman, which was real good drama about a kidnapped child. He also did "Arrival" with Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner, which I thought was excellent sci-fi about alien ships landing on Earth and Amy could talk to them.

In this film "Enemy" Jake just goes about work as a history professor, has sex with his girlfriend, lives in a condo in Toronto. One day at work a guy asks, if he liked movies. He said no, not really. So Jake then said, what would you recommend for a cheerful film. He mentions some film, so Jake goes to the video store and rents the film.

He's watching the movie and a woman is checking into a hotel and the bellhop picks up her luggage and Jake notices the actor looks just like himself, but without the beard Jake has for this film. He goes to the internet and there are 3 actors listed as bellhops, so he looks up each one and he finds it's Bellhop #3. He searched the guy's name online and finds the agency that he is represented by.

Jake goes to the agency and right away the security guard calls him by the actor's name. He picks up the actor's mail and opens it, and gets the guys home address. He goes to the address, it's in a group of highrise condos, so he parks on the top floor of a garage and tries to see the unit. He calls the guys phone number and a girl answers. He starts to tell his look-alike story, but the girl thinks he's her boyfriend pulling a prank. His voice is just like the guys voice so much so, that his girlfriend is fooled.

That's all I'll tell you for now. Enemy could of been a great or excellent movie, but it's so dark visually whenever they're inside and it slow moving. The film script should of been tightened, indoor shots should of been lighted better, get a faster pace, I was surprised that director turned out this movie. To me, it was worth watching because the story is unique. There is also an ending, that I had to go and look up the meaning. Because of the last 2 seconds of the film, it's qualifies as a horror film.

Man I watched this and really wanted to like it. But just couldn’t figure it out. Maybe the wife and other lady look too much alike and it confused the shit outta me. Then the ending?? I read up on it afterwards and it seems most are as confused as I was. Premise was good and acting also. Too confusing for my pee brain I guess.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #643
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

I didn't really like "Us". Not sure why. It just didn't seem worth the hype. I've seen horror movies that I couldn't stop thinking about for days after seeing, yet was completely unfazed by "Us".
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #644
error 404

I like the new series 'Black Summer' on Netflix. Yes, I know it's another Zombie apocalypse show.
sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #645
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs View Post

I like the new series 'Black Summer' on Netflix. Yes, I know it's another Zombie apocalypse show.
The zombie outbreak is a topical medium. When you look at the world today disease, social and political instability, and changing demographics make it the perfect allegory.

The vampire has persevered because it's a perfect allegory for the "haves" feeding on the "have nots." Rich or powerful being evil. While that's true today I think the prevailing fear is society turning on itself...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.