Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-14-2020, 06:15 PM  
21st Century Schizoid Fan

I owe the IRS $4,000

So I get home and the wife says she’s got bad news: A letter from the IRS saying we owe $4,000 on our 2018 taxes.

Apparently, she sent all the right paperwork to our tax preparer, but when the preparer returned the completed forms she forgot to include one. My wife failed to check that and signed the return (and got me to sign off, trusting her) and sent it off.

So here we are. My wife is afraid I’m going to divorce her. (I’m not.)

Anyone have an experience like this? Do we have any recourse? That 4 Grand could buy a lot of Super Bowl swag.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #76
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkstown View Post
Taxation Is Theft. **** these criminals suing you.
and what system do you propose to pay for police, fire, roads etc.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Volunteers, just like the Americans who sign up to join our Armed Forces.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:33 PM   #78
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkstown View Post
Taxation Is Theft. **** these criminals suing you.
Quote:

via GIPHY

Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #79
The Collective Unconscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
4k is NOTHING compared to what we have had to pay before. 37K was the most we have ever owed. That one HURT. Biggest return ever was 28k.
that's about what I owe.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
Volunteers, just like the Americans who sign up to join our Armed Forces.
They get paid though, so bad example. Try again. So people that build roads are supposed to do that for free? Whos gonna pay for the material? Equipment? Not the people building the roads because they don't get paid, so they cant afford it.

People want to try to forget that the men that dumped that tea in Boston were not doing it because they hated paying taxes. They did it because they hated paying taxes to GB because GB wasn't using that money to improve the colonies and the colonies were expected to do what the king wanted them to do without being able to voice their concerns or have a part in deciding what was best for the colonies.

Taxes suck and they could figure out a better way to tax people, but they are necessary.

Last edited by dlphg9; 02-15-2020 at 03:49 PM..
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #81
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
who's going to pay for illegal's healthcare and living expenses? them?
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #82
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
who's going to pay for illegal's healthcare and living expenses? them?
You really don't understand how any of this works, do you?
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:14 PM   #83
Cog of Industry

I thought I had figured out my estimated payments so that I would have near zero refund/tax-due.

I had figured and planned to do a (tax incurring) financial move.

But due to my old-timers, I made two such moves, one in March and one in November.

Now I owe about a grand between US and KS.

Oh well. One of these years I will get it exactly right!
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #84
Cog of Industry

I wonder what would happen if you could direct your taxes.

Say, Person A directs his taxes to go towards military items, bombs, planes, subs, maybe even a supersonic toilet seat.
Person B directs his taxes to infrastructure, roads bridges, sewer systems
Person C directs his taxes to Medicare, healthcare, education, etc.

I wonder what our budget would end up looking like.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #85
The Collective Unconscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The IRS will never, ever, ever rescind interest.

If you, as a taxpayer, can show hardship (i.e. surgery, cancer, etc.) for filing late or making a mistake, they'll likely rescind the penalty.

Otherwise, pay as soon as possible in order to avoid further interest and penalties.
Good call. What have you said to get them to give you a break on penalties?
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
They get paid though, so bad example. Try again. So people that build roads are supposed to do that for free? Whos gonna pay for the material? Equipment? Not the people building the roads because they don't get paid, so they cant afford it.

People want to try to forget that the men that dumped that tea in Boston were not doing it because they hated paying taxes. They did it because they hated paying taxes to GB because GB wasn't using that money to improve the colonies and the colonies were expected to do what the king wanted them to do without being able to voice their concerns or have a part in deciding what was best for the colonies.

Taxes suck and they could figure out a better way to tax people, but they are necessary.
And they receive socialized healthcare. :shockedface:

I guess that guy is just volunteering for his employer. Let's make sure they know he is willing to work for free for them.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:22 PM   #87
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
You really don't understand how any of this works, do you?
I obviously understand more than you do.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #88
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Im pretty sure the best idea was to just throw it in the trash like it never happened.
I have a relative who tried that.

It didn't work at all.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #89
Mod Team

I am working on my taxes right now.

I love that ****ing child tax credit. I see why people just keep having kids.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #90
Veteran

That Stinks bud... maybe don’t be reeruned and have 5K in your savings account that is quickly and easily accessible.
Hamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli