Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: Pick FOUR running backs for the all-decade team of the 2010s.
Jamaal Charles - 72 G, 1075 Runs, 5783 Rush Yds, 5.38 YPC, 36 Rush TDs, 7671 Scrim. Yds 145 98.64%
Kareem Hunt - 27 G, 453 Runs, 2151 Rush Yds, 4.75 YPC, 15 Rush TDs, 2984 Scrim. Yds 112 76.19%
Spencer Ware - 41 G, 354 Runs, 1621 Rush Yds, 4.58 YPC, 11 Rush TDs, 2319 Scrim. Yds 81 55.10%
Dexter McCluster - 58 G, 152 Runs, 662 Rush Yds, 4.36 YPC, 1 Rush TDs, 2162 Scrim. Yds 2 1.36%
Charcandrick West - 52 G, 268 Runs, 998 Rush Yds, 3.72 YPC, 7 Rush TDs, 1587 Scrim. Yds 8 5.44%
Thomas Jones - 32 G, 398 Runs, 1374 Rush Yds, 3.45 YPC, 6 Rush TDs, 1539 Scrim. Yds 1 0.68%
Damien Williams - 27 G, 161 Runs, 754 Rush Yds, 4.68 YPC, 9 Rush TDs, 1127 Scrim. Yds 124 84.35%
Knile Davis - 55 G, 245 Runs, 800 Rush Yds, 3.27 YPC, 11 Rush TDs, 1067 Scrim. Yds 4 2.72%
Jackie Battle - 31 G, 169 Runs, 647 Rush Yds, 3.83 YPC, 3 Rush TDs, 724 Scrim. Yds 1 0.68%
De'Anthony Thomas - 61 G, 30 Runs, 190 Rush Yds, 6.33 YPC, 2 Rush TDs, 699 Scrim. Yds 2 1.36%
LeSean McCoy - 13 G, 101 Runs, 465 Rush Yds, 4.6 YPC, 4 Rush TDs, 646 Scrim. Yds 2 1.36%
Anthony Sherman - 112 G, 24 Runs, 62 Rush Yds, 2.58 YPC, 1 Rush TDs, 498 Scrim. Yds 74 50.34%
Shaun Draughn - 17 G, 59 Runs, 233 Rush Yds, 3.95 YPC, 2 Rush TDs, 391 Scrim. Yds 1 0.68%
Darrel Williams - 18 G, 54 Runs, 185 Rush Yds, 3.43 YPC, 3 Rush TDs, 379 Scrim. Yds 2 1.36%
Peyton Hillis - 13 G, 85 Runs, 309 Rush Yds, 3.64 YPC, 1 Rush TDs, 371 Scrim. Yds 1 0.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2020, 11:08 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Chiefs All-Decade Team - Running Backs

With the end of the decade, it's time for us to select our all-decade team for the 2010s. Credit to Direckshun for the idea; I'm just implementing it.

Here are the rules:

1. I'll put up lists of position groups one at a time.

2. Each list will contain guys who had at least one notable stat line in their career. I'll generally put them in descending order of some key stat.

3. The stats will contain ONLY their body of work between 2010 and 2019 for the Chiefs. No pre-2010 stats and no stats for other teams.

4. The number of roster spots will be the same as the number of roster spots on the 2019 Super Bowl roster for the Chiefs.

5. You can use whatever criteria you want to select the team. It can be total stats for the decade, it can be dominance in a shorter period, it can be playmakers who didn't screw up badly, whatever. It's your call. Feel free to use any criteria not listed in your decision. For example, if you know that Terrance Copper was an amazing blocker, you can build that into your decision.

6. In a subsequent poll we will determine which players are the starters on the all-decade team. In the first round, you're just going to fill the 53-man roster.

Our next position group is running backs. FOUR running backs will make the all-decade team. So pick FOUR running backs. It's your call on whether you want to have a fullback on the team, because I'm lumping them all together.

Administrative note: I cut the list off to include only guys who gained 350 yards or more from scrimmage during the decade, in case you're wondering why Darwin Thompson, Cyrus Gray, etc., aren't listed.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #31
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

Like I said this is a Hill I’m willing to die on. He picked up the tough yardage amazingly well, balance was as good as I’ve ever seen, speed was other worldly in his prime (reek exempted) and could get through a tiny crack.

Case in point, LJ outperformed your boy Priest. Then when Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards wrecked the line LJ was horribad and Charles clicked off 5 ypa. I objectively believe you put Charles on any of those teams he outperforms you’re guys.

He was wasted almost entirely by Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

I’m pretty much in the minority on him, but like I said it’s a Hill I’m willing to die on.
I'll dive on the rampart next to you and nod in solidarity. We've had some great running backs, but Jamall is the best of them all.

I guess I should acknowledge that I never saw Abner Haynes play and he seems amazing. But I'll play the odds here and go with Jamaal.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #32
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Must have fat fingered that one when I pushed go.

Like I said this is a Hill I’m willing to die on. He picked up the tough yardage amazingly well, balance was as good as I’ve ever seen, speed was other worldly in his prime (reek exempted) and could get through a tiny crack.

Case in point, LJ outperformed your boy Priest. Then when Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards wrecked the line LJ was horribad and Charles clicked off 5 ypa. I objectively believe you put Charles on any of those teams he outperforms you’re guys.

He was wasted almost entirely by Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

I’m pretty much in the minority on him, but like I said it’s a Hill I’m willing to die on.
That's all a good case. My old complaint with Charles was my same complaint with DT. He disappeared in the playoffs. Charles scored once against the Ravens at Arrowhead, our only score. He was knocked out of the Indy playoff game i believe twice. He just never seemed to be a factor when it mattered most. Same with DT. Never came up big in a playoff game. Whereas Damien Williams has shined in every game that mattered that he's played in.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #33
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

I guess I should acknowledge that I never saw Abner Haynes play and he seems amazing. But I'll play the odds here and go with Jamaal.
Abner Haynes was one of two or three premier running backs in the early 1960's AFL. I suppose you need to judge each player within his era. Charles was a great player. Never got the Chiefs a championship. Haynes and Williams have. Not Charles' fault, but his performance in playoff games were inconsequential.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #34
pie is never free

Quote:
Jamaal. He’s the best Chief back ever. I’ll die on that hill.

Hunt begrudgingly because **** that fool.

Ware he was really good for a few years.

Damien. Super Bowl bitches.

It would be filthy.
This works for me as well
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #35
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Abner Haynes was one of two or three premier running backs in the early 1960's AFL. I suppose you need to judge each player within his era. Charles was a great player. Never got the Chiefs a championship. Haynes and Williams have. Not Charles' fault, but his performance in playoff games were inconsequential.
Yeah, but Charles was never on a playoff team that had a chance.

If you're a defensive coordinator, do you concentrate your efforts on Matt Cassel or Jamaal Charles? How about Patrick Mahomes II or Damien Williams?

Damien's great so that's no slight against him at all, but Charles was a championship caliber running back who played on teams that had no shot at a championship.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #36
How tall is this thing?

1. Jamaal Charles. Awesome, game changing back. IF you give him the ball. A great deal of Reid Era losses frustrated me when Jamaal would end the losing effort with like 7 touches.

2. Damien Williams. In the biggest games, this dude delivers. 11 TDs in a single postseason ties him for 1st all time with Terrell Davis, and that game he put up in the Superbowl, just spectacular.

3. Kareem Hunt. Shame about this kid. He's a legitimate stud on the field. Just had not matured enough to be the teammate off the field we needed him to be. The guy could do it all. He cheated himself out of a ring.

4. Spencer Ware. Decent back that gave it his all when called upon. Injuries really derailed this guy as he was emerging for us.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #37
pie is never free

Quote:
Jamaal was very good, but best ever? Priest was awesome. So was Joe Delaney. So was Marcus Allen. So was Abner Haynes. Hard to say who was best. You can make a case for Damian Williams. He won a SB. These other guys did not.
I’m with Buehler, not even Delaney was as electric as JC... only 3-4 other guys boast that kinda ypc, it’s rarified air even among HOFers
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
That's all a good case. My old complaint with Charles was my same complaint with DT. He disappeared in the playoffs. Charles scored once against the Ravens at Arrowhead, our only score. He was knocked out of the Indy playoff game i believe twice. He just never seemed to be a factor when it mattered most. Same with DT. Never came up big in a playoff game. Whereas Damien Williams has shined in every game that mattered that he's played in.
Rain man makes a great point below. That Indy thing he was in concussion protocol on like the second offensive snap or something stupid.

That Ravens game we were totally outmatched. Like I said, if you put that dude on this team, he makes Williams look silly. And I love me some Williams.

What that dude did on the field was different.

Another thing to consider is Williams had 120 rush/receiving attempts in the playoffs. 320 total offensive snaps. Jamaal Charles has 14 total rush/receiving attempts and they didn’t keep track of total snaps back then.

What would Charles’ performance look like with Williams’ volume?

Let’s look at the individual stats. In that Balt game he was 9/82 rushing (9.1 yards per attempt!). 1-2 passing for 15 yards (15 yards per attempt). Indy he had 3 rushes for 18 yards. All told he was putting up 8.3 yards per rush and 15 yards per catch. Williams through his notably good playoff performances was averaging 4.39 yards per rush and 8.59 yards per catch.

I think looking at playoff totals by themselves doesn’t give you the whole picture. In conjunction with Rain Mans team evaluation (which makes Jamaals averages all the more impressive) and my volume numbers it’s really hard to compare the two just on Playoff Performances.

Like I said it’s not a popular opinion but I just can’t get over the eye test with what Jamaal did on pure garbage teams as the only weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, but Charles was never on a playoff team that had a chance.

If you're a defensive coordinator, do you concentrate your efforts on Matt Cassel or Jamaal Charles? How about Patrick Mahomes II or Damien Williams?

Damien's great so that's no slight against him at all, but Charles was a championship caliber running back who played on teams that had no shot at a championship.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #39
Starter

Charles goes down for me as the best Chief RB of all time as well. The way he made a horrible line look like all pros was remarkable. I wish he would've got to play on our better teams.
Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Yep. I voted the same way for the same reasons.
Same.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #41
Supporter

WHAT KIND OF HILLBILLY PICKS SPENCER WARE OVER SHERMAN WTF
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:30 PM   #42
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
WHAT KIND OF HILLBILLY PICKS SPENCER WARE OVER SHERMAN WTF
I hear you, but Sherman’s not a running back

Let’s meet in the middle and call him the best fullback since TRich
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #43
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Let’s meet in the middle and call him the best fullback since TRich
Completely agree. Love Sherman but he is no TRich.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:03 PM   #44
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I think Jamaal is the best Chiefs RB ever. Put him behind the OL that Priest had...2,000 yards easily. Jamaal would’ve gotten to the second level at will behind that line. Put T Rich in front of him too...holy shit.
Jason Dunn as well
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #45
Banned

Seeing how this has become more of a the greatest Chiefs RB.....

1.Jamaal Charles his 5.4 career avg is historically great.
2.Abner Haynes with a solid 4,8 career avg and the guy could do it all. First "STAR" of the AFL
3.Priest Holmes, what's not to like?
4.Christian "Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye....freak of nature
5.Larry Johnson he could have done more.

One thing about the Chiefs is they have had a TON of running backs, who remembers Herman Heard how about Woody Green?

If not for an injury Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill would be up there, he was amazing but just two seasons.

Joe Delaney?

Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-14-2020 at 08:47 PM..
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.