Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 02-05-2020, 01:07 PM  
Stay positive, don't give up

DC Birds of Prey

https://youtu.be/x3HbbzHK5Mc

Didn't see a thread but comes out Friday.
So far a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes w/ 58 reviews. Very surprised.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #31
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
But other than that....a good flick?
Go watch Sucker Punch instead.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:25 AM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Go watch Sucker Punch instead.
I recently watched that for the first time recently.

That was something. There was criminally little character development. But goddamn at the end of it I gave a shit about all of them.

I’m not sure what they were getting at with the ending but it was a good film in which I fully expected to hate it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:33 AM   #33
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I recently watched that for the first time recently.

That was something. There was criminally little character development. But goddamn at the end of it I gave a shit about all of them.

I’m not sure what they were getting at with the ending but it was a good film in which I fully expected to hate it.

I was being a smart ass but I really, really enjoyed that movie. I thought it was a fun idea to have simultaneous storylines going on, and I thought it was a cool way to show a broken mind dealing with trauma through escapism, and I thought all of the actors did a solid job of selling their characters. The over-the-top fantasy sequences were a blast, visually. Other than that I'm also a fan of movies that don't spoon feed stuff to the audience. I think you have to draw your own conclusions about the ending. I think it's up to you to interpret the art for yourself.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:38 AM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
I was being a smart ass but I really, really enjoyed that movie. I thought it was a fun idea to have simultaneous storylines going on, and I thought it was a cool way to show a broken mind dealing with trauma through escapism, and I thought all of the actors did a solid job of selling their characters. The over-the-top fantasy sequences were a blast, visually. Other than that I'm also a fan of movies that don't spoon feed stuff to the audience. I think you have to draw your own conclusions about the ending. I think it's up to you to interpret the art for yourself.
That's fair. I think I know what it was getting at - I'll put my thoughts in the spoiler - but yeah, I turned it on for some background noise and became really involved in it. I thought it was well done. And like I said, I expected to hate it.

Spoiler!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:13 PM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
All I know is Margot Robbie is the hottest woman on the planet now that Olivia Wilde is my age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
When was she not your age?
. ...
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:34 AM   #36
Has a particular set of skills

It was a good popcorn movie. Robbie is legitimately one of the hottest women currently working in movies.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #37
Ain't no relax!

Finally watched this now that it's out on video. What a turd. Felt like an extended Black Mirror episode in some ways. Irrational and dumb. Robbie did OK, but not much help from the others. The Huntress was so awkward and terrible. Every time she opened her mouth it was just cringy. The plot was a complete mess. The bad guy was a goofball and never really felt intimidating regardless of what he did. Completely forgettable.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #38
sorta mod-ish

So yeah hey......the new Harley Quinn cartoon on SyFy isn't exactly a call back to the old Saturday morning Superfriends, now is it? Haha, shiiiiiit…..
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #39
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
So yeah hey......the new Harley Quinn cartoon on SyFy isn't exactly a call back to the old Saturday morning Superfriends, now is it? Haha, shiiiiiit…..
Haven't seen it. I only gave the movie a chance because I liked Margot Robbie in the role.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Haven't seen it. I only gave the movie a chance because I liked Margot Robbie in the role.
Same for the movie. The cartoon is voiced by Kaley Cuoco. Pretty good list of voice actors for the show. Definitely not a kids show.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:14 PM   #41
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
"Oh, cool. Stylistically this looks like the Batman and Superman stuff they were doing in the 90s. Lemme check this out."

::: two minutes in :::

"Holy shit, this stuff is full of swearing and violence... Cool!"
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:39 AM   #42
Immanentize The Eschaton

I'll give it a shot although Cuoco annoys me.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:45 AM   #43
Immanentize The Eschaton

Couldn't make it through the first episode.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #44
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Couldn't make it through the first episode.
It's just.....off.

I like seeing new stories for the characters, but the infusion of adult themes and language with the type of humor they're using needs work.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #45
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
It's just.....off.

I like seeing new stories for the characters, but the infusion of adult themes and language with the type of humor they're using needs work.
Yeah. It was pretty bad. In the five minutes or so I could stand they have the characters acting like High School kids and the dialogue/story geared towards Junior High School kids. And then they throw in an occasional '****' or a severed limb/head...for edginess I guess. It's a mess.