Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 PM  
Feeling Victorian

Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:25 AM   #46
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
That was brilliant. Absolutely amazing. Best war movie I've seen in forever. I simply can't imagine how they pulled it off - with just a couple of pauses, the whole thing seemed like one continuous shot, although there's obviously no way it could be. And while I'm sure there was some very well done CGI involved, I'm pretty sure that mostly it was practical effects, which makes it even more impressive.

Go see it. If Mendes doesn't win best director for this they should just stop giving out awards.

Saw it yesterday and totally agree with this.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #47
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Some of the B&B Theatres have a giant screen, they also have MX4D options. Which would be better, the bigger screen or the immersive 4D?

I normally go the AMC IMAX route but, am thinking about trying something different.
IMAX would be your best bet imo. As long as you see it in theaters that's all that matters. I would hate for people to miss out on seeing this film in theaters and having to settle to watch it on their computer or something.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #48
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
Is the story actually good, or is it just CGI spectacle?

???
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #49
Supporter

Quote:
Very little CGI.

And it’s not a war movie in terms of big ass narrative story. Its an excellently filmed gripping trip on a single simple order that has to be delivered.

Diametric opposite of say...Michael Bays Pearl Harbor
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:21 AM   #50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Very little CGI.

And it’s not a war movie in terms of big ass narrative story. Its an excellently filmed gripping trip on a single simple order that has to be delivered.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #51
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Very little CGI.

Ugh. The most horriblest movie ever, let alone war movie. Just...ugh...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #52
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I'm sure there's a lot more CGI than we can spot. They had to do something to make those impossibly long shots continuous. But there were really only a couple of places where it was obvious. And even then it wasn't bad.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
I'm sure there's a lot more CGI than we can spot. They had to do something to make those impossibly long shots continuous. But there were really only a couple of places where it was obvious. And even then it wasn't bad.
Spoiler!
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:04 PM   #54
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #55
Supporter

Yeah. I wasn’t looking for it and none of that took me out of the movie.

I thought the filmography was a master class given how lazy some of the technology has made filmmakers. It’s amazing how fresh “the old way” looks.

I’m not sitting here trying to be some high minded film guy. I get a lot of joy out of Marvel and Star Wars and I loved Midway. But this was different than that and did it very very well IMO.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #56
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
The story is great. The movie is strongly driven by emotion and intensity.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #57
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Oh shit - how could I forget about Midway? Yeah, I liked that a lot.

I think my brain sort of compartmentalizes sea based war movies and land based war movies.
Did you see T34? It was pretty good.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #58
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Did you see T34? It was pretty good.
Never even heard of it.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #59
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Never even heard of it.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:24 PM   #60
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Looks interesting, although after a while all the CGI slow motion shit becomes a distraction.