Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 PM  
Sexiest Athlete

Anyone have an Air Fryer

If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
I used my sous vide to cook wings in their sauce and rub for the Phoenix Open Waste Management golf tournament last month, then put them in the air fryer until they were crispy. They were outstanding, but left a ton of grease to clean up in the air fryer afterwards. I made about 4 batches, they were all gone at the end.
Open Waste Management and wings. Goes together like PB&J.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:20 AM   #32
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Anyone done cut up stir fry veggies (peppers, snow peas, broccoli, mushrooms, etc) in one? Doing a large batch in the wok takes a crap ton of oil to keep from burning so I've been thinking about trying them in the air fryer and then adding the cooked veggies to the meat and rice to the wok. It would significantly cut down the calories.
Yes, we've cooked veggies like that. Works good.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #33
Be Kind To Your Pets

I've been thinking about buying one of these. On Amazon the prices are all over the place from about $275 for a Philips model to $70 for a Wal Mart Chinese knock off. There's just Mrs. B and me, but I like to cook big and share stuff with the neighbors. Any buying advice?
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I've been thinking about buying one of these. On Amazon the prices are all over the place from about $275 for a Philips model to $70 for a Wal Mart Chinese knock off. There's just Mrs. B and me, but I like to cook big and share stuff with the neighbors. Any buying advice?
Both I and my parents have had the NuWave Flavorwave for YEARS and use them regularly.

I guess it could be a little more unwieldy because you have to have counter space to take the top off to retrieve your food, as opposed to just pulling out a drawer like the newer configurations, but it more than makes up for it, IMO, in your ability to monitor your food as it cooks.

In case it's not clear, the clear bottom [up to the crease just about the white stand] is a deep glass dish, and the entire top from there up comes off to put food in and remove food after cooking. It also comes with an extender ring that makes the entire cooking vessel taller, and stainless racks so you can layer different dishes [ie, burgers on one rack and fries on another].

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #35
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
We're happy with the $50 one from Costco. The only drawbacks are that it can be a bit small for large jobs and it's too big to fit in my cabinet.

Also, I'd look for one that has a decently deep area in the bottom to catch grease and liquid. I cooked bacon in mine and I made a grease mess because grease sloshed out of the lowest vents in the catch pan when I took the bacon out.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #36
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
I got the $60 dollar one at costco gets the job done
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #37
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
and do you have any goo recipes to share?
Yes, I do.

What You Need:

School glue
Borax (Sodium tetraborate)
Food coloring (optional)
Water
Two bowls

1.) In one bowl mix 1 oz. glue (about ¼ of the glue bottle) and ¼ cup water. If you want colored slime, add food coloring to the glue and water mixture. Lift some of the solution out of the container with the stir stick and note what happens.
2.) Add ¼ cup of Sodium Tetraborate (Borax) Solution to the glue and water mixture and stir slowly.
3.) The slime will begin to form immediately. Lift some of the solution with the stir stick and observe how the consistency has changed from Step 1.
4.) Stir as much as you can, then dig in and knead it with your hands until it gets less sticky. This is a messy experience but is necessary because it allows the two compounds to bond completely. Don’t worry about any leftover water in the bowl; just pour it out.
5.) When not in use, store the slime in a plastic bag in the fridge to keep it from growing mold.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #38
Supporter

I just ordered the "Big Boss 16 QT Air Fryer" because of this thread and some research I've done. Sounds like air frying is the way to go and I wanted the larger capacity.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #39
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Yes, I do.

What You Need:

School glue
Borax (Sodium tetraborate)
Food coloring (optional)
Water
Two bowls

1.) In one bowl mix 1 oz. glue (about ¼ of the glue bottle) and ¼ cup water. If you want colored slime, add food coloring to the glue and water mixture. Lift some of the solution out of the container with the stir stick and note what happens.
2.) Add ¼ cup of Sodium Tetraborate (Borax) Solution to the glue and water mixture and stir slowly.
3.) The slime will begin to form immediately. Lift some of the solution with the stir stick and observe how the consistency has changed from Step 1.
4.) Stir as much as you can, then dig in and knead it with your hands until it gets less sticky. This is a messy experience but is necessary because it allows the two compounds to bond completely. Don’t worry about any leftover water in the bowl; just pour it out.
5.) When not in use, store the slime in a plastic bag in the fridge to keep it from growing mold.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
I used my sous vide to cook wings in their sauce and rub for the Phoenix Open Waste Management golf tournament last month, then put them in the air fryer until they were crispy. They were outstanding, but left a ton of grease to clean up in the air fryer afterwards. I made about 4 batches, they were all gone at the end.
So they were totally cooked out of the sous vide and the air fryer was just to crisp them up...how long did you put them in there for?
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #41
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
I just ordered the "Big Boss 16 QT Air Fryer" because of this thread and some research I've done. Sounds like air frying is the way to go and I wanted the larger capacity.
That's one of the ones I have for bigger jobs. It works great and I like the glass so you can see what's going on (it's heavy and unwieldy to clean, though). I also have a smaller one (Phillips, iirc) that I use for small jobs like a load of fries or a chicken patty.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #42
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

I have a GoWISE 5.8-QT that I forgot about until this thread. It was a gift and I really need to dig it out of the basement closet and fire it up.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #43
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Great another air fryer thread. Only thing better than this will be when they get bumped in about 7 years.
*sets calendar reminder to bump thread in March 2026*
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #44
MONTANA #19

These (attached) were all made on the Ninja Foodi: boneless country style ribs, fries, wings, and a rack of ribs.

Cook time:
Ribs: less than 2hrs from package to plate
Wings: less than an hour from frozen to plate
Fries: 18 min
Boneless Country Style Ribs: about 40 min

I also did some Johnsonville Brats in it last weekend that were perfect.

Does it taste as good as if it were smoked or grilled, of course not, but it's also 2 hours compared to 6+ hours of cook time. That being said, the taste is still damn good and they are ridiculously tender....not the fries, of course thy are crispy

If you have the $$, I'd definitely recommend the Foodi. incredibly versatile and VERY, I stress VERY easy to clean up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foodi1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	118013   Click image for larger version

Name:	foodi2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	118014   Click image for larger version

Name:	foodi3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	118015   Click image for larger version

Name:	foodi4.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	118016  
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
So they were totally cooked out of the sous vide and the air fryer was just to crisp them up...how long did you put them in there for?
About 6 minutes, just enough for the color to change, but they could’ve handled longer. On the wet wings I cooked them wet in the Sous Vide, others I dry rubbed and then added more after the air fryer. More fat was rendered this way and they were still moist on the inside.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.