Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2018, 01:44 AM  
Veteran

Songs That Fill You With the Spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Every time I hear Alison Krauss’ Down to the River to Pray, I always feel that much closer to Heaven. Anything you folks listen to that does the same thing?
JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #16
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffmeister View Post
Did you watch The Leftovers, or did you come across this song independently?

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #17
a haw haw haw

Just saw this recently and was mesmerized.

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #18
Mindful Taoist German

I Can Feel Him In The Morning - Grand Funk Railroad

Keep in mind that the first time I heard this song I was tripping on shrooms and it made me hide behind a couch for almost an hour. The song opens with a bunch of children talking about their opinions of God and the last comment is a child saying "and....and...if you're good you live forever, but if you're bad, you die when you die. You die when you die. YOU DIE WHEN YOU DIE."

And this switches from left, to right, to left, to right speaker.

Don't listen to this when on shrooms.

All that said if you listen to the song it's very simple and very much of its time while holding significance today. To me about being tethered back to what's important while understanding you have a responsibility to leave the world a better place than it was when you came into it. Or to at least try to.

I don't think it hurts that it sounds like something early Ament/Gossard would have made...

Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #19
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
Just saw this recently and was mesmerized.

I was about to curse your ghost until it went into "Peter Gabriel" mode...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #20
Spiraling down the Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Thanks listo
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #21
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I was about to curse your ghost until it went into "Peter Gabriel" mode...
Yeah,I should've said you need to stay with it for a bit.
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #22
21st Century Schizoid Fan

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #23
21st Century Schizoid Fan

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #24
Supporter

I don't know if 'the spirit' is a proper term for what this fills me with, but something reminded me of it today and listening I'd forgotten just how much of a masterpiece this is. So how much detail you can pick out and how every detail is perfectly executed.

The bass, the drums, the keyboards, the mixing, the mastering, the horns.

The horns right before the chorus are one of the best licks in music history, and the interplay between the sax and bass towards the end [around 5:30] is nearly orgasmic.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-12-2018 at 01:11 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Did you watch The Leftovers, or did you come across this song independently?
I first came across it on the Leftovers. The song itself speaks strongly to my agnosticism. As someone who always tends to do way too much over-thinking (ie, endlessly switching between theism and atheism) this song, along with Rush's 'Totem', is a strong reminder to myself that I don't have to figure it out. I can just let the mystery be, and that's ok.

Given the subject matter of the Leftovers, and the images of people who are "no longer there" in the intro, this song had a very powerful effect on me and how I view life and loss.
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:28 PM   #26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
I've always loved the build-up in that song. Like every other member of Yes, Jon Anderson is a master of his instrument (his voice).
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #27
On one quarter

these are lo fi. it helps to turn up the bass

Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #28
Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5z-jjWyAJQ

One more from me.
JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:16 AM   #29
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Prefer my Suppers Ready with Peter Gabriel's powerful voice on vocals and Phil Collins on the drums where he belongs.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:38 AM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I don't know if 'the spirit' is a proper term for what this fills me with, but something reminded me of it today and listening I'd forgotten just how much of a masterpiece this is. So how much detail you can pick out and how every detail is perfectly executed.

The bass, the drums, the keyboards, the mixing, the mastering, the horns.

The horns right before the chorus are one of the best licks in music history, and the interplay between the sax and bass towards the end [around 5:30] is nearly orgasmic.

...I thought I was the only one who knew about this album. Kind of a guilty pleasure but I love "the dude"
GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.