Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-07-2020, 10:15 AM  
In Search of a Life

Wr round 1

So obviously the Chiefs aren't desperate for a WR. They do need one with Watkins probably leaving though. I like Pringle but I don't know what he really is.

If you're sitting there at say 29-32 and one of these big WR's falls thru the cracks, you take a swing?

This draft is pretty loaded at WR, so I wouldn't but if say one of the Alabama guys fell, I might think about it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #31
MVP

the only reason I would hesitate is this-

WR's seldom make a big impact as rookies; and this offensive system is more complicated than most.

CB's in particular can a)make more of an immediate impact and b)the extra 5th year on that rookie contract may be important as CB's get PAID even if they're just decent and we'll be in the middle of Patrick's massive contract at that point.

But this will be a draft in which I don't really care what Veach does. I figure he's earned my trust in his evaluation skills.

I'm MOST concerned about the interior offensive line as the one area where we NEED to upgrade.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #32
MVP

I've been thinking about this, and I'm sure Veach does... Who do we have draft resources to replace or could we get the draft resources to replace? In my mind, right now, Sammy Watkins is not on that list. I don't think you can go out and get a WR of his caliber in the draft without spending a high pick, and then you're not going to replace those draft resources by trading Sammy. If you cut Sammy, you're losing the potential for any draft resources and all you are gaining is money. You're not replacing Sammy with a like receiver for less money than you could realistically spend if you restructure and extend him.

On the other hand, a player you can get substantial resources from and replace with those draft resources and still likely gain is Chris Jones. Jones is, in all likelihood, brining you a 1st round pick plus another pick and you're keeping free probably over 17.5 million per in cap space. So, even if you spend a 1st to replace Jones, you still gain a pick and probably 15 million to add to the roster after you deduct for added draft pick salaries. As much as I like Jones as a player, I really think the best way to make this team better is to tag and trade him and keep Sammy on an extension.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #33
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I've been thinking about this, and I'm sure Veach does... Who do we have draft resources to replace or could we get the draft resources to replace? In my mind, right now, Sammy Watkins is not on that list. I don't think you can go out and get a WR of his caliber in the draft without spending a high pick, and then you're not going to replace those draft resources by trading Sammy. If you cut Sammy, you're losing the potential for any draft resources and all you are gaining is money. You're not replacing Sammy with a like receiver for less money than you could realistically spend if you restructure and extend him.

On the other hand, a player you can get substantial resources from and replace with those draft resources and still likely gain is Chris Jones. Jones is, in all likelihood, brining you a 1st round pick plus another pick and you're keeping free probably over 17.5 million per in cap space. So, even if you spend a 1st to replace Jones, you still gain a pick and probably 15 million to add to the roster after you deduct for added draft pick salaries. As much as I like Jones as a player, I really think the best way to make this team better is to tag and trade him and keep Sammy on an extension.
I can agree with that. I hope we can find a way to keep Jones. But I don't know if it will be realistic. It helps that we have a lot of young talent on the D Line ready to step up. And staples to our defense like Clark and Honey Badger on the roster. Depth on defense likely makes our defense better. Maybe it is still possible if we can keep Jones but we will see.
Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #34
MVP

I don't see us going WR early, fine with D Rob walking, would love to see us keep Watkins at a lower contract but more likely we find a quality vet for cheap. Chris Jones Tag'n Trade seems likely. Maybe Chiefs end up with Watkins > Jones.

Q: If offered a fair contract, why would AJ Green choose NE over KC?

Here's some vets that could replace Robinson/Watkins: Emanual Sanders, Phillip Dorsett, Robby Anderson, Demarius Thomas, Jermaine Kearse.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:18 PM   #35
Rufus Dawes Jr.

a 1st round WR this year would be an over investment in the position IMO.

We Paid Hill top WR money he's only 25
We used our top pick on Hardman last offseason

Im not opposed to drafting one, but not one in the first round. We have bigger needs on the line and at CB.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #36
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
a 1st round WR this year would be an over investment in the position IMO.

We Paid Hill top WR money he's only 25
We used our top pick on Hardman last offseason

Im not opposed to drafting one, but not one in the first round. We have bigger needs on the line and at CB.

And this is a deep draft for WR talent. Guys like Tyler Johnson or Von Henderson are good fits and may make it to the 4th round.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
With it looking like a real possibility that we lose both DRob and Watkins thought this was a topic worth discussing again.

If somebody like Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, or Brandon Aiyuk falls to us, would you take them?

I think WR class is so strong that there’s likely going to be a guy there that is BPA.
Shenault in our offense wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #38
MVP

I was kind of thinking how sick Jalen Reagor could be as an addition. Which speed are you covering?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #39
Fish are scared of me

It's really not a bad idea to take a WR in the 1st. If I heard right there are like 52 WR's invited to the combine which is a HUGE pool to choose from. When you have a pool like this the quality you can pick up is off the charts.

We can draft defense with the rest of the draft.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #40
Admitted Planet Junky

If there is not a LT, CB or Pass Rusher worthy then I hope we trade back.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #41
Veteran

It's sort of win win, either an elite guy drops to the end of the round due to the depth of talent, or what we can get in the third might be as good as what was in the 2nd round last year and it's sort of like trading up for free.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-10-2020, 09:30 AM   #42
Veteran

The only reason a team would trade for Sammy right now is if they thought it was very likely he would restructure with the Chiefs at a big pay cut. In that scenario, they'd contact the Chiefs with a trade deal and offer Sammy better compensation. Otherwise, you'd just wait for him to be cut and scoop him up.

It seems very unlikely that we would receive any draft picks for Sammy at this point.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:17 PM   #43
MVP

Been thinking about this again. The more I look at boards and who the Chiefs have looked at, the more Tee Higgins looks like a real possibility at 32. I really like Higgins for a variety of reasons but being that big target when things get tight in the red zone helps his cause more than any other.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #44
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Been thinking about this again. The more I look at boards and who the Chiefs have looked at, the more Tee Higgins looks like a real possibility at 32. I really like Higgins for a variety of reasons but being that big target when things get tight in the red zone helps his cause more than any other.
Higgins would be very hard to pass on. He would compliment Hardman and Hill perfectly.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #45
Rookie

The guy that fits perfectly in this offense and you can get him late second or early to mid 3rd round is Lynn Bowden Jr. His size and skill set is a perfect match. He is a dynamic receiver and punt returner plus he also played QB, Andy could use him in multiple ways.
chiefpat49 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.