Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM  
Stay positive, don't give up

Joker - Warner Bros. movie

New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #136
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief View Post
Hey can those that saw this please offer some help here.

Chiefs play tonight of course and my boys want to go see this.
My oldest is home from college and is 20 so of course hes fine.
My question is for my youngest.. hes 14.

Yes we know this is not Batman and Robin.

My question is with all the warnings out there I want to know is this fairly typical slash and blood stuff or way over the top?
Anything this side of lets say SAW is ok.

I'd rather not have my yongest see Joker rape someone then saw her head off..

Bottom line are all the warnings simply for .. do not bring your 9 yr old if they think this is POW BAMM..

And both my kids are smart I'm not worried about the mental/disturbing part.

Thx guys the internet reviews and forums are Vague on this.
I don't think your youngest will catch the subtleties of the mental issue part and be able to relate to Arthurs pain, but it certainly has some extremely graphic scenes in the last act that i'm not sure you want your 9 yr old to see.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #137
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
I don't think your youngest will catch the subtleties of the mental issue part and be able to relate to Arthurs pain, but it certainly has some extremely graphic scenes in the last act that i'm not sure you want your 9 yr old to see.
Thank you for the response.
My youngest is 14 if he was 9 he wouldn't be going period.
My 14 yr old is mature for his age enjoys a good book etc..
90% of the website reviews simply say Don't take your kids..with no details.
Just making sure we aren't talking Rape or SAW level violence.
I've been away all weekend and figured to get to the scoop quick this morning I'd just put it up on this forum.
Thx again
The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #138
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Thank you for the response.
My youngest is 14 if he was 9 he wouldn't be going period.
My 14 yr old is mature for his age enjoys a good book etc..
90% of the website reviews simply say Don't take your kids..with no details.
Just making sure we aren't talking Rape or SAW level violence.
I've been away all weekend and figured to get to the scoop quick this morning I'd just put it up on this forum.
Thx again
In terms of gore, there are maybe three scenes that are gorey, but a long the lines of Deadpool if that helps.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #139
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
It needs to be a standalone moment in time. I'd hate for it to be trilogized. It was so good that the 'batman moments' seemed completely unnecessary and tacked on.
I completely disagree.

Spoiler!
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #140
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
In terms of gore, there are maybe three scenes that are gorey, but a long the lines of Deadpool if that helps.
Yes that helps Deadpool level violence is fine.

Thx
The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #141
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Yes that helps Deadpool level violence is fine.

Thx
it may be the same level but it’s not the same in any shape, form etc. Deadpool is campy fun violence. This is a serious movie. This is not campy fun. It’s the mental break from reality and madness of a human being played straight and real.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #142
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
What About Bob meets Falling Down.

I enjoyed it.
Lulz.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #143
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

I did not see it, but this is the first review from a friend or someone I know that didn't like it. They said "2 hours of my life wasted. It’s two hours of self pity, dude laughing and then it’s over. 1:50 minutes of that and 10 minutes of actual joker."

But this is coming from a guy that thinks Joes Kansas City is one of the worst BBQ places in the city. He may just be a contrarian.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #144
Veteran

Well I just got home from seeing it and it Definitely was Ok for my 14 yr old.

Were glad we went it was a pretty good movie certainly not a waste of two hours.
The 3 of us had fun discussing the story on the ride home.
I will say any child 13 and under would not understand the mental breakdown story line...or should see the violence.
I think I bought into the graphic violence warnings a bit too much.

I will say though that I wouldn't take someone suffering from any unstable mental issues to go see it.

My youngest asked on the way home about the many points circling the TV/press about the movie warning how it might make those suffering from mental illness to have a "moment"

I said well was there any time in the movie you truly disliked Arthur or didn't see his side(til the end of course)?...
He was like Hmmmm no not really no.

I was like imagine if you had a mental illness watching it and you weren't processing the point of the story correctly.

He then understood.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #145
MVP

You seem like a good dad.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #146
All about that Paper Boi

Can't protect the kids from everything
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #147
Plays to win the game!

It was a great introspective film about mental illness. When he starts to become the Joker, the last third of the film, is absolutely perfect. Really impressive take on the character from Joaquin Phoenix. How he knows what his plan is, but then a slight change invites a new layer of chaos.

The entire movie is about the facets of mental health that we don't want to acknowledge, don't want to talk about and sometimes flat out ignore about people who have uncontrollable issues that they can't help, many times through no fault of their own. Society doesn't pay attention to their issues, mocks them, makes light of them, or just ostracizes them completely.

The movie worked on two levels really well. I think all the critic praise you see about the movie is from those who focused on the mental health aspect and the grim mirror image that reality can have. I was kinda bored through the first half, until you start to understand why Thomas Wayne is in the movie, then it gets going. When he dons the makeup, and dyes his hair, and puts on the suit, oh man. That's almost worth the price of admission in and of itself if it didn't only last for about thirty minutes or so.

Also I won't ruin it for any of you but you see the dance down the stairs between two buildings in all the commercials when he's in full Joker garb, the musical choice they have for that dancing down the stairs is priceless. I laughed out loud when I figured out what they were playing.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #148
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
It’s more Scorsese than Kubrick. Specifically ‘Taxi Driver’ and ‘King of Comedy’
yeah, it's a little TOO MUCH Taxi driver and King of comedy.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #149
**** the Raiders

I’m going to go see this today. For those who have seen it is it a movie that benefits in any way from being shown in IMAX? Or is the additional cost not worth it?
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #150
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
I’m going to go see this today. For those who have seen it is it a movie that benefits in any way from being shown in IMAX? Or is the additional cost not worth it?
I watched it on B&Bs grand screen so I cannot remark on the IMAX experience. What I will say' is every scene is a real treat in cinematography. I struggle to remember the last movie I have seen that is shot this nicely.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.