Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: Which Interstate would you choose for your road trip?
I-89 - 7 days, 191 miles through NH and VT 4 20.00%
I-80 - 20 days, 2,900 miles through CA, NV, UT, WY, NE, IA, IL, IN, OH, PA, and NJ 4 20.00%
H2 - 7 days, 8 miles through HI 1 5.00%
H1 - 7 days, 27 miles through HI 8 40.00%
I'll stay home, thanks. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2020, 09:48 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Interstate Road Trip Tournament, Round 2, Heat 5.

Next heat up. We're on the road again. Just can't wait to get on the road again.

Spoiler!

I-89 from Bow, NH, to Highgate, VT
7 Day Trip
191 miles, 27 miles per day on average
Passes through Burlington, VT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_89

I-80 from San Francisco, CA, to Teaneck, NJ
20 Day Trip
2,900 miles, 145 miles per day on average
Passes through Sacramento, Reno, Salt Lake City, Cheyenne, Omaha, Des Moines, and Chicago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_80

H2 (Hawaii) from Pearl City to Wahiawa
8 miles, 1 miles per day on average
Passes through central Oahu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_H-2

H1 from Kapolei, HI, to Honolulu, HI
7 Day Trip
27 Miles, 4 miles per day on average
Passes through the Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, and Diamond Head areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_H-1
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
Cool as a Cucumber

This was tough, both of the HI "interstates" would be great fun with lots of spare time. I went with I-89, NH and VT in early fall is a bigger bucket list item for me than Hawaii, especially road trip wise.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I can narrow it down pretty easy. I-89 is okay but not great, and H1 is preferable to H2 on the Hawaii side of the heat.

So now the tough decision is whether to go with the leisurely H1 vacation through Honolulu, or do the epic I-80 road trip.

Honolulu isn't exactly the best part of Hawaii to visit, but it would still be nice. I like pineapple. In contrast, I-80 is a lot of rural driving. A lot. I mean, a whole lot. I generally like driving through small towns, but I think the chains have driven small businesses out of interstate towns.

This is a tough one. But I think I'll go I-80. Better chance of finding barbecue.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:00 PM   #4
Cool as a Cucumber

Also I've driven I-80 enough to never do it for a pleasure cruise.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #5
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
Also I've driven I-80 enough to never do it for a pleasure cruise.
Should I rent a nice car or do the RV thing?
Old 05-30-2020, 10:15 PM   #6
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Should I rent a nice car or do the RV thing?
Depends on how many and what kind of drivers you want to aggravate.

Nice car: everybody (especially RV drivers) wants to get in the passing lane in front of you just to slow you down.
RV: everybody (especially nice car drivers) wants to get in the passing lane in front of you so you don't slow them down.

And both will be battling the numerous semis that love to wait til they get on an incline to pass the semi in front of them.

I-80 gives me road rage just typing about it.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:59 PM   #7
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
Depends on how many and what kind of drivers you want to aggravate.

Nice car: everybody (especially RV drivers) wants to get in the passing lane in front of you just to slow you down.
RV: everybody (especially nice car drivers) wants to get in the passing lane in front of you so you don't slow them down.

And both will be battling the numerous semis that love to wait til they get on an incline to pass the semi in front of them.

I-80 gives me road rage just typing about it.
Living on I-70 spoils me about not having to battle semis. They avoid I-70 in Colorado because of the pass. But that means they're more concentrated on I-80, I bet. Even so, there's so little traffic through Wyoming that it doesn't really matter.

On the few times that I go back to my hometown, I'm always shocked at the semi traffic on I-44. It seems like there are more semis than cars.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:15 PM   #8
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Living on I-70 spoils me about not having to battle semis. They avoid I-70 in Colorado because of the pass. But that means they're more concentrated on I-80, I bet. Even so, there's so little traffic through Wyoming that it doesn't really matter.

On the few times that I go back to my hometown, I'm always shocked at the semi traffic on I-44. It seems like there are more semis than cars.
I-70 is my closest interstate too. I don't necessarily have to drive fast, I just like to be in front and there doesn't seem to be a front on I-80.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:15 AM   #9
Politically Incorrect

You call an 8 mile drive in Hawaii an Interstate road trip?

That's a ****ing bike ride
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #10
Supporter

I guess I'll just go hang out on the beach for a week.....H1 for me
Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.Old Dog is obviously part of the inner Circle.