Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-29-2020, 10:23 AM  
Starter

Ranking Chiefs GMs, coaches, best-worst players 89-19

Pull up a chair and feel free to immerse yourself in all the highs and lows of the past 30 years of Chiefs history.

https://gasnsports.com/ranking-89-19...92Mr703Llpbd9E
Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #31
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Pretty sure we had another GM when Chiefs won their first SB. You guys just don't remember him
Yeah, but the rules say that we're only talking about the 1989-2019 era.

I'm not really sure what the GM did in those days, though. I've read stories about guys in that era (with no agents at the time) going in and negotiating with the coach. I'm not sure when that responsibility shifted in the league from coaches to GMs.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:42 PM   #32
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
And being a GM for one season when you have Mahomes, Reid, Kelce, Jones, Tyreek and others falling into your lap is a little different than the situations Carl Peterson and other Game found themselves in.
There's no doubt that he inherited a good team. But I would counter that Carl Peterson had 20 seasons to make over his roster, and he never won a Super Bowl. If you offered a good GM a 20 year window starting with a bad team, or a two year window starting with a good team, I'd think the 20 year window would have a better Super Bowl shot. Even if it takes five years to re-create the roster, you've then got 15 shots.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #33
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Where is Hank Stram?
Where is Jack Steadman?
Peterson kept us in mediocrity by not EVER drafting a QB high enough to make a difference.
They were talking the last 30 yrs. Not all of Chiefs history.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #34
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There's no doubt that he inherited a good team. But I would counter that Carl Peterson had 20 seasons to make over his roster, and he never won a Super Bowl. If you offered a good GM a 20 year window starting with a bad team, or a two year window starting with a good team, I'd think the 20 year window would have a better Super Bowl shot. Even if it takes five years to re-create the roster, you've then got 15 shots.
What did Veach do as a GM that is so impressive? And don't say drafting Mahomes because he didn't do that as a GM.

I think most of you are picking Veach because of the emotions of winning a SB. But if you look at it objectively he didnt build this SB winning team, he mostly inherited it. For me he's got to do more before I'm convinced he is as good as some of you think he is.

I hope he turns out to be amazing but I'm not convinced he's better then CP or Dorsey just yet.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:45 PM   #35
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
What did Veach do as a GM that is so impressive? And don't say drafting Mahomes because he didn't do that as a GM.

I think most of you are picking Veach because of the emotions of winning a SB. But if you look at it objectively he didnt build this SB winning team, he mostly inherited it. For me he's got to do more before I'm convinced he is as good as some of you think he is.

I hope he turns out to be amazing but I'm not convinced he's better then CP or Dorsey just yet.
I would argue that the 2019 offseason was the best offseason I’ve seen since I started watching the Chiefs.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:55 PM   #36
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

I'd contend that the changes he made put us over the hump, and it was a big hump. Adding Frank and Tyrann and Mecole and Fenton and those other guys apparently took us from playoff contender to Super Bowl champions. That pretty much is the game-winning shot in my opinion.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #37
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Veach #1? Why? Because he came into a great situation that allowed him to overpay for a few players and win a SB?

He's been good so far but one year as a GM doesn't make someone #1.. That's crazy.
I don’t think there is any accomplishment by any Chiefs GM on the list as impressive as what Veach did with the defense in one offseason.

The 2018 defense was horrid. Horrid enough to prevent an all time elite offense from making the Super Bowl.

He nailed practically every move last offseason on the defense. And he made a shit load of moves. It was incredible.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #38
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:

Look at the list of key contributors that he brought in over the last two seasons:

Ward
Fenton
Mathieu
Clark
Wilson
Nnadi
Saunders
Suggs
Okafor
Ogbah
Breeland
Pennel
Watts
O’Daniel
Hardman
Wylie
Reiter
Williams
Watkins
Wisneiwski
Rankin

I’m sure I’m forgetting a few too
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:15 AM   #39
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Fair, but I also remember Montana being something of a Roaf situation (and Shields for a bit) where he didn't officially retire until fairly late in the game but the feeling around the organization and the city was that it was all but inevitable.

Dude was 38 years old and was clearly in sharp decline. He'd had significant injuries in like 4-5 straight years. You simply cannot feign shock when he retires. They had to have a backup plan in place and just...didn't. How do you NOT have a guy like Chris Chandler on hand? Or draft a Todd Collins or Rob Johnson since you know that Montana's gone in a year tops? Those were successful major college QBs who could've been had in the 2nd and 4th rounds.

I mean....I guess I can give them the benefit of the doubt and say that was their plan with Steve Stenstrom but...Yikes.

Ultimately I don't fault him for most of what went on at QB for those years. But man, the Bono thing was just so !@#$ing awful and with even moderately credible QB play, they could've nabbed a ring in there. Any team that goes 13-3 w/ Bono under center could've won a SB with Chris Chandler. And I guess it's also fair to point out that we had Gannon, but that was on Marty. I think that was HIS major misstep. And not because he didn't play him, but because he simply didn't know how to use him. Gannon wasn't actually all that great here, but that was because Marty couldn't figure out what to do with him.
To also be fair to Carl, he did have a major woody for a college QB at that time who didn't fit in the era but would certainly have now. Would have been trend setting. Carl loved him some Charlie Ward. But Ward had legit NBA backup plans and wanted guarantied first round draft pick status. Tough pickle to be in for Carl.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:01 PM   #40
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I don’t think there is any accomplishment by any Chiefs GM on the list as impressive as what Veach did with the defense in one offseason.

The 2018 defense was horrid. Horrid enough to prevent an all time elite offense from making the Super Bowl.

He nailed practically every move last offseason on the defense. And he made a shit load of moves. It was incredible.
I agree with the article... Veach can surpass him soon, but as for now he's #2
RollinWithMahomie is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:38 AM   #41
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
something that hasn't happened since Brett Veach has become the GM.
They don't clash because he got his "yes man" in Veach. Reid still calls the shots on 'all' personnel and has trained Veach to have his scouting eyes IMHO.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:45 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
They don't clash because he got his "yes man" in Veach. Reid still calls the shots on 'all' personnel and has trained Veach to have his scouting eyes IMHO.
Taking an RB in 1st round is a Reid pick if there ever was one.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:52 AM   #43
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Taking an RB in 1st round is a Reid pick if there ever was one.
IF there ever was an exception for violating this rule it would be for the "The Fresh Prince of Hellaire". He is the perfect back for this offense and adds more options for play calling than Williams or any of our other backs for sure. But I totally agree with you 100%.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:18 AM   #44

Quote:
IF there ever was an exception for violating this rule it would be for the "The Fresh Prince of Hellaire". He is the perfect back for this offense and adds more options for play calling than Williams or any of our other backs for sure. But I totally agree with you 100%.
No doubt. I hope it works out for us.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #45
Starter

Quote:
Fresh Prince of Hellaire! 🤣 haha love it! I am so excited to see how much more dynamic he can make our offense that didn't have a consistent run game last season!
RollinWithMahomie is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.