8 3 2.05%
10 9 6.16%
Yes but Mahomes is exempt 9 6.16%
I am gay 1 0.68%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2020, 10:54 AM  
Rabbi Goldmann

Do athlete salaries bother you?

We all know it’s a free market. Capitalism y’all. But fo real, does it bother you at all?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:13 AM   #76
Rookie

It doesn't bother me unlike salaries of medical staff and teachers that are underestimated.
KregWillis is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:19 AM   #77
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KregWillis View Post
It doesn't bother me unlike salaries of medical staff and teachers that are underestimated.
I think teachers are overestimated. They work 9 months out of the year. The ones below HS level are just glorified baby sitters. 40k a year is good enough. 70k in expensive areas.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 03:11 AM   #78
Stay down bitch!

People who are in the top one percent of what they do in their field usually make the big bucks more times than not. If I won the genetic lottery and had the skills to match I would try to maximize it too.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #79
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
People who are in the top one percent of what they do in their field usually make the big bucks more times than not. If I won the genetic lottery and had the skills to match I would try to maximize it too.

There is no profession where the top 1% pulls in millions of dollars. Maybe surgeons, but even they only avg $230k

https://www.indeed.com/career/surgeon/salaries
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #80
Supporter

I have a mixed answer. I have no problem with a pro athlete making millions and being setup for life. That's great. The player has a talent. They get injured fairly often. The teams make huge sums of money off of them. They deserve to be paid well. Where my problem lies is on the top end. In particular, the quarterbacks. Dak Prescott turned down $175 million over 5 years. Why?? That is more money than he can ever spend. If you can't spend it, then why do you want it? The team has a salary floor, so they will spend that money regardless. Let them use the money to build a better team around you. I feel like if I was in his position, and had his talent, I would say guarantee me 5 years and $150 million. After that, I would be set for life. Why would I want or need any more? At the end of the 5 years, do it again, for the same money. It's a win-win. You only take away from your team and don't improve your life one bit fighting for more when you're talking about that kind of money.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:39 AM   #81
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I think teachers are overestimated. They work 9 months out of the year. The ones below HS level are just glorified baby sitters.
Clearly spoken by someone that doesn't have children
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #82
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Why would it bother me if someone makes a lot of money? Good for them.. Im happy to see so many young millionaires I think that's awesome
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #83
In Search of a Life

A bad athlete contract hurts but it's gone after a few years.

Owners like the Ford family can be grossly incompetent and not only get paid for decades, but make a bazillion dollars. And it's almost impossible to get rid of them. Best you can hope for is that the son or daughter is less of an idiot.

When players make less, owners make more. And when owners have no downside to lousy performance it tells you that owners, not players, are overpaid.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #84
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
A bad athlete contract hurts but it's gone after a few years.

Owners like the Ford family can be grossly incompetent and not only get paid for decades, but make a bazillion dollars. And it's almost impossible to get rid of them. Best you can hope for is that the son or daughter is less of an idiot.

When players make less, owners make more. And when owners have no downside to lousy performance it tells you that owners, not players, are overpaid.
Yeah, but have you thought about the risk they take on owning these behemoth sports franchises???
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:50 PM   #85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Clearly spoken by someone that doesn't have children
^Yep

I used to think the exact same way about teachers. Then I had kids.
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #86
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I think teachers are overestimated. They work 9 months out of the year. The ones below HS level are just glorified baby sitters. 40k a year is good enough. 70k in expensive areas.
Dude! Then compensate me like a baby-sitter, brosky.

Average per kid rate in KC is 10.57 an hour per kid. Hell, I'll even be nice, I'll only charge half of that for the students I saw on the daily (I'll round down, too. Let's do 5.25 an hour.) I had 113 students, so that looks like that translates to a cool $593.25 a day. Since we only get compensated for the time we work anyway, I'll spread that out over nine months like you asked. That translates to roughly... $94,667 a year.

Damn - gimme some of that glorified baby sitter compensation, BWillie!
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #87
Beyond the Rapids

No. You're paid based on how much money you bring in. You're worth it if you're worth it.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:07 PM   #88
Banned

Some guy on Yahoo said since Mahomes already won us a Superbowl, we should cut him and use the money to build a better team.

Yea.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #89
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Yeah, but have you thought about the risk they take on owning these behemoth sports franchises???
Yup, must be tough. So risky that they're all unanimously afraid to sell.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #90
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
No. You're paid based on how much money you bring in. You're worth it if you're worth it.
Ian Kennedy doesn’t bring anyone in. Neither did Eric Berry sitting in his street clothes.