8 3 2.05%
10 9 6.16%
Yes but Mahomes is exempt 9 6.16%
I am gay 1 0.68%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2020, 10:54 AM  
Rabbi Goldmann

Do athlete salaries bother you?

We all know it’s a free market. Capitalism y’all. But fo real, does it bother you at all?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #31
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
That’s kinda where I’m at. The optics of guys getting this kind of Jack when 39 million Americans were just thrown out of work.....it’s unseemly. Frankly we’ve seen that truck drivers and nurses and meat packers and grocery store workers are the most essential folks we have in a crisis.

Alas as it’s a free market, if sports takes attendance/ad hits (and that’s inevitable), salaries will trail downward.
That’s a strange way to look at two things that aren’t at all connected. There are ways to help those 39M unemployed Americans, but then we’re in DC territory.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #32
Plays to win the game!

Meh, life is about finding opportunities. They were blessed with athletic gift so they're making the most of it while putting their bodies on the line. Wish I would've taken athletics more seriously in my junior high days and maybe I would've made something of myself in that way. Beats the hell out of what I'm doing currently.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #33
Veteran

No, not in the slightest. I think if the amount of money someone makes really bothers someone, it says more about that person than anything else.
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #34
The Constitutional Choo choo

Ummm. NO!
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
I don’t think that’s true at all. The gate is 40-50% of sports revenue and that’s gonna take a massive hit.
No, it is not.

The NFL earned more than $12 billion in revenue last year. If there are no fans in the stands this season, each team will lose approximately $100 million or $3.2 billion in total. That's only 25% of their entire revenue stream and moving forward, that percentage will only shrink, not grow.

Quote:
The MLB negotiations right now are stalled because they can’t calc what the empty seats should cost the players.
There are more reasons that just stadium issue.

Furthermore, attendance has been consistently shrinking for the past decade, a trend that will only continue as 4K and 8K TV's become less expensive and higher internet speeds produce an even better home experience.

The owners are well aware of this trend, which is why they wanted a new CBA in place before they begin their next round of network and streaming negotiations.

Their revenue stream is only going to increase, not decrease.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #36
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Only when they're under the table to avoid the salary cap.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #37
Supporter

Nope. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

But I’ll push back when they whine about it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
For the most part football players' salaries don't. Those guys leave a piece of themselves on the field every time they play. Hockey players as well.
Baseball players on the other hand ... Golfers?
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #39
MVP

Truth That Hurts: America would be better off if Teachers, Farmers, Engineers, and Scientists got paid the big money instead of athletes though. That goes for all the money wasted on actors too.

The important list should include World Leaders(politicians etc) too but since they suck so bad i just couldn't bring myself to add them to the "good" list.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Truth That Hurts: America would be better off if Teachers, Farmers, Engineers, and Scientists got paid the big money instead of athletes though. That goes for all the money wasted on actors too.

You obviously have no idea why athletes and entertainers earn large salaries
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:15 PM   #41
legend

Go and get your money little dufflebag boy.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:18 PM   #42
Why so serious?

Quote:
Hedge fund salaries don’t bother you?
Why are hedge fund salaries problematic?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #43
MVP

No, I'm an electrician, and as one i understand that my value is directly related to my skills and the competing market. I currently make 31 and change in the tulsa market. Recently with so much boom, two of our union contractors offered 2 dollars more an hour and 200 a week attendance pay if i have an osha 30 and a few other education stipulations. I understand that if i furthered my education in electical testing or many other parts of the field i could gain more pay. The same can be said for athletes. They are the best of the best out of a very small pool of human beings who can do what they do. I pay to see them in one sense or another, so that creates a demand.

Theres an available money pool vs an available talent pool. Both sides have leverage and negotiate a deal. As far as im concerned its no more my buisness how much they make than it is how much the tin knocker in the next room makes. He also has a demand that he supplies and is compensated for it.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #44
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
From a purely personal POV, people's salaries don't 'bother me.'
But what does irk me, from a philosophical standpoint, though I don't have a remedy except to point it out when asked [as here], is that society seems to have a schizophrenia about beauty of free market capitalism, where if you are entertaining us, or offering us frivolities, the sky is the limit. Dude makes a catchy song, and makes millions off it into perpetuity. That's the awesome free market rewarding value. But if people work hard to provide something that actually improves our lives [medicine, energy, surgical technology and procedures, etc], we bitch and moan every step of the way about the greed of businessmen and corporations making money off our need for their ingenuity and innovation.
Basically, if you take the comprehensive long view, we are collectively sending a message that the only people who deserve unfettered wealth are the people who entertain and distract us, and the people who actually improve our lives need limitations on their earning potential because, ironically, we actually need the things they create.
Which I guess is fine, so long as you don't bitch when the only thing motivated people do going forward is find new ways to entertain you in a way that enriches them.

I'll agree with your point but there is more to it. For instance, a pharmaceutical company gets to lobby our politicians and money gets fed to them to allow us to be screwed over. Those are the kinds of things with which I don't agree.

A couple of examples:
My understanding was that a new drug's patent is only supposed to last a few years, by law, before other companies can start making generic versions. It seems to me that Nexium (Astra Zeneca?) went way longer than that before generics started being allowed about 2-3 years ago.
Another example is the life-saving epi-pen treatment that was acquired and then the cost raised by several hundred percent several years ago. I don't know that there was anything legally wrong by that but, it was morally corrupt, in my view.
Same thing with the idiots at the beginning of this pandemic who bought up all the hand sanitizer, masks, and other potentially life-saving products just to cause a shortage and be able to sell for a markup. Those people can rot in Hell for all I care.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #45
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
No, it is not.

The NFL earned more than $12 billion in revenue last year. If there are no fans in the stands this season, each team will lose approximately $100 million or $3.2 billion in total. That's only 25% of their entire revenue stream and moving forward, that percentage will only shrink, not grow.
Dane, I said “sports”, not NFL. Sports revenue collectively derives 40-50% of its gate from attendance, concessions, suites, etc. (Take the Indy 500 which I attended every year: $40M gate, $4M tv deal. Do the math). Golf, tennis, college sports on and on rely on butts in the seats.

Quote:
There are more reasons that just stadium issue.

Furthermore, attendance has been consistently shrinking for the past decade, a trend that will only continue as 4K and 8K TV's become less expensive and higher internet speeds produce an even better home experience.

The owners are well aware of this trend, which is why they wanted a new CBA in place before they begin their next round of network and streaming negotiations.

Their revenue stream is only going to increase, not decrease.

And that’s where my 2nd point comes in: ad revenue. It’s olummeted across all media platforms. Sports cannot delay this reckoning.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.